Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
12 days until CN's trial...3 weeks for the trial...she should be in jail for xmas. Merry Christmas everybody!

You have a lot more confidence than I do. I certainly hope you are right.

I don't think I will follow her trial very closely, if at all. I just find her too totally repulsive. Not that DM and MS aren't - but I would bet they both have some kind of neurological issue - LD, CD, FAS, whatever (not that this is any excuse, mind you) - but CN strikes me as someone who is endowed with many gifts and who has chosen to embrace the darkness.

Sick-making.

I don't think I will follow her trial very closely, if at all. I just find her too totally repulsive. Not that DM and MS aren't - but I would bet they both have some kind of neurological issue - LD, CD, FAS, whatever (not that this is any excuse, mind you) - but CN strikes me as someone who is endowed with many gifts and who has chosen to embrace the darkness.

Sick-making.

CN deserves to be in prison, and I hope her high priced lawyer doesn't somehow get her off on a technicality. As does the employee at the hangar (can't remember his name). All of these people live by a different set of rules than the rest of society. Stealing, lying, drugs, guns, killing seem to be no big deal for this bunch.

I hope LB's family gets some closure once the trial finally is over in a year. The delays in this trial are so not necessary, and are DM's way of torturing the family. JMO

For your pleasure, every quote pulled from WS that appears in ABro's book:

loyalsleuth "I hope Tim gets home safe"

loyalsleuth: "Something tells me Timothy knew these people. Leaving in the dark with two strangers that 'walked' to my home in the country is too far-fetched, IMHO."

canadiangirl: "In one of those photos it looks like [Tim] may have some tattoos on his fingers."

loyalsleuth: "You're right! Pure assumption, but tattoos on fingers are something done in jail? Identifying marks for sure."

canadiangirl: "Photoshopped by the photographer perhaps?"

Lori McA: "[The man] sporting the knuckle tats has a wedding ring on. TB had no wedding ring on before the ceremony. AND the biggest clue it is not TB-the man pictured is wearing a dark vest. TB's vest was white/off white."

meterclicks: "Zing. MS is giving Sachak a taste of his own medicine this morning."

Kamille: "Oh snap LOL. MS should have been a comedian LOL."

Redheart: "Interesting. I'm starting the believe that MS is not as dumb as what I first thought."

Katpaws: "Smich is getting sassy. I'm still fully on the fence about MS's role, but I'm not a fan of Sachack's style at all...so I can't help but take a little delight in MS's quick comebacks. Clearly cleaning himself up has revealed a more clever and quick-witted guy than we initially realized."

First off, just curious if any of the members quoted above would care to share whether or not their permission was sought prior to being quoted in the book.

Secondly, I thought the book was going to be about DM's upbringing, and not focused on the trial, which was given as the main reason why a percentage of the sales were not going to be given to the Bosma's or to Tim's Fund. Did something change while I was away?

First off, just curious if any of the members quoted above would care to share whether or not their permission was sought prior to being quoted in the book.

Secondly, I thought the book was going to be about DM's upbringing, and not focused on the trial, which was given as the main reason why a percentage of the sales were not going to be given to the Bosma's or to Tim's Fund. Did something change while I was away?
I was always given the impression the book would also be about this crime. Ann is an author, I have never heard of true crime authors be obligated to donate any proceeds to the victims family or charity.

Sick-making.

Well if we are making bets on the outcome, I don't think CN is going to slither out of this.

I think the assistance in the cleanup will be grounds for 5 years, and the continued assistance (letters) to DM might be worth another 5. I am personally hoping for 10 years for her. (Plus a huge legal bill!)

So I think going in a 10 year penalty is fair. We'll just have to see.

I was always given the impression the book would also be about this crime. Ann is an author, I have never heard of true crime authors be obligated to donate any proceeds to the victims family or charity.

I don't think the B's care about the book in the face of the $14M lawsuit.

If anything, Abro should credit any member or WS itself for any information she used in the book that she did not find or sleuth out herself. IMO

I don't think the B's care about the book in the face of the $14M lawsuit.

It's nothing against the Bosma family, I'm just puzzled as to why people keep expecting a portion of the proceeds to be donated. I have even seen a few suggest the two convicted would be benefiting from the book sales. So any author, reporter, columnist, writting about a natural disaster or any sort of tragedy is suppose to donate a portion of their pay check or salary back to the victims because their are making money from talking about or writting about it?

It's nothing against the Bosma family, I'm just puzzled as to why people keep expecting a portion of the proceeds to be donated. I have even seen a few suggest the two convicted would be benefiting from the book sales. So any author, reporter, columnist, writting about a natural disaster or any sort of tragedy is suppose to donate a portion of their pay check or salary back to the victims because their are making money from talking about or writting about it?

There are still hard-core DM supporters out there that want to silence and discredit the media.

If you fully supported DM, you wouldn't be happy about the book either.

God forbid that CN be acquitted and continue to pursue her aspirations of becoming a medical doctor. Most Canadian medical schools require background checks for students, even in provinces in which medical licensing bodies do not, such as Saskatchewan. Only four provinces including Ontario require criminal record checks at point of entry to practice.

http://www.cmaj.ca/content/184/4/393

Well if we are making bets on the outcome, I don't think CN is going to slither out of this.

I think the assistance in the cleanup will be grounds for 5 years, and the continued assistance (letters) to DM might be worth another 5. I am personally hoping for 10 years for her. (Plus a huge legal bill!)

I'm pretty sure it came up in the B. trial that it was DM who was under a "no-contact" order with CN, not the other way around, so technically she was not committing any offense by writing to him. And, so far as we know, no letters of hers have been recovered, so we can't infer that they provided DM with any "assistance."

Awhile back there were references to typical sentences for AATF and they were usually in the neighbourhood of 4 years, IIRC. With time served plus her "house arrest" bail conditions, she would have some time taken off a 4-year sentence, if it were handed down.

This might mean she would serve no time, or if any, only a couple of months. And if an appeal is launched, she could be out on bail for an extended period of time, like the police officer convicted of attempted murder in the shooting death of Sammy Yatin:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/bail-extended-james-forcillo-1.3843354

I don't foresee any judge passing a sentence on CN equivalent to the 10 years imposed on Marco Muzzo, who killed three children and their grandfather (seriously wounding two others). It might be fair, but I doubt it will happen.

I'm pretty sure it came up in the B. trial that it was DM who was under a "no-contact" order with CN, not the other way around, so technically she was not committing any offense by writing to him. And, so far as we know, no letters of hers have been recovered, so we can't infer that they provided DM with any "assistance."

Awhile back there were references to typical sentences for AATF and they were usually in the neighbourhood of 4 years, IIRC. With time served plus her "house arrest" bail conditions, she would have some time taken off a 4-year sentence, if it were handed down.

This might mean she would serve no time, or if any, only a couple of months. And if an appeal is launched, she could be out on bail for an extended period of time, like the police officer convicted of attempted murder in the shooting death of Sammy Yatin:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/bail-extended-james-forcillo-1.3843354

I don't foresee any judge passing a sentence on CN equivalent to the 10 years imposed on Marco Muzzo, who killed three children and their grandfather (seriously wounding two others). It might be fair, but I doubt it will happen.

I posted a couple of cases earlier where accessories got 5 years for help in cover-ups.

CN was in jail from 4/10/2014 - 8/8/2014 which is 4 months, time-and-a-half credit would be 6 months.

I don't think the issue is the no-contact-order breach, but instead the continued collusion.

Here we are debating the length of sentence before the trail even begins. This is Canada, not Russia. As bad as things look, she is still innocent until proven guilty and I'm anxiously awaiting the facts before throwing her to the gallows ... which I would like to do personally if she is found guilty.

Here we are debating the length of sentence before the trail even begins. This is Canada, not Russia. As bad as things look, she is still innocent until proven guilty and I'm anxiously awaiting the facts before throwing her to the gallows ... which I would like to do personally if she is found guilty.

It's not as if we have no facts in this case, and it's fair to say that 5 years is the expected outcome of an accessory-after-the-fact charge.

Q for you sluethers, I think we've discussed this before but please remind me: CNs changes are accessory after the fact to murder, can she be found guilty of accessory after the fact (to an offense) for the truck theft? Say they cant prove she had knowledge of the murder required for AATF but they can prove she had knowledge of the stolen truck and was acting to cover that up?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Hello fellow Websleuths members. I would be happy to answer your questions about Dark Ambition, how Websleuths figures in the book, and much more.

Is there a CN forum?
Could a member assist me in finding it?
Thank-you.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members