Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh man I'm so sure many many people knew he killed Laura and Wayne and still hung out with him, opened shopping accounts for stuff to ask Millard for with his money he thought he was getting. What about the Dir3n33d avatar with the bloody eye? Buying multiple guns. People like this suck. JMO

the fifth estate uploaded the complete video to their YouTube channel just before it aired at 8 p.m. on the east coast.

If anyone missed it, or wants to rewatch it, here's the link:

https://youtu.be/FR1NicZYygw

There might be extras in their YouTube channel as well. There usually are for many of their programs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did I hear them correctly last night? The show stated that Laura disappeared shortly after DM bought the Eliminator.

Pretty sure this has been debunked because he only ordered the unit in June, and didn't actually receive it until July. And it was first fired up some time in August according to texts between Shane and the company. While bought is technically correct, it can also be misleading.

Was the homemade incinerator abandoned before June?

MOO

We heard from SS's father in law. Surprising. Also an anonymous female friend from the past who said that DM had a God Complex and felt he was untouchable. He had parties with hundreds of people attending. his events. He did different types of drugs. They also showed more of Josie I didn't want to see (blurred out). I had only seen the cleaner ones I guess.

I suspect the anonymous female might be the source from AC's Wayward Son if anybody wants to re-read that for further context.

Just being a little picky about the facts presented on the show since many had heated discussions around some of them. Who was aware that DM was arrested and when? Smich's girlfriend said she saw DM's name on TV Friday night.

Arrested on Friday evening - Was Sharlene notified of the Arrest? Did she know DM's name at that time?
Charged Saturday morning - Is this when she first heard his name?

They did say she had not heard any additional information that weekend.

Maybe I am being too critical of the facts on the show because of this web site?

The additional info around the stolen motorcycle was new to me, and interesting. Didn't know the owner asked LE for updates, and what they saw on the video.

MOO

Did I hear them correctly last night? The show stated that Laura disappeared shortly after DM bought the Eliminator.

Pretty sure this has been debunked because he only ordered the unit in June, and didn't actually receive it until July. And it was first fired up some time in August according to texts between Shane and the company. While bought is technically correct, it can also be misleading.

I didn't interpret this the same way you did. True, the first we *hear* of the Eliminator being used was in the correspondence between SS and the company. That was while DM was abroad on vacation, IIRC. However, it occurred to me that this chatty and chirpy exchange full of "wow factor" comments from SS could be a planned cover-up of the fact they had already used the incinerator, for whatever purpose. We certainly can't assume SS was telling the truth in this correspondence, nor that he was fully truthful in general. He clearly knew of DM's criminal activities but what he knew is probably not provable. Any texts or other documents that might have indicated incinerator use not related to the TB case would not have been presented in court.

In fact, I'm sure one of the witnesses (don't remember the name - I think one of the company guys associated with the Eliminator) started to testify something to the effect that it appeared the incinerator had been used before, and he was quickly silenced on that topic.

So it's certainly an "interesting" coincidence that DM had SS order this demonic machine before LB went missing, and that it arrived around the time that she drops out of sight. There may or may not be a connection, but it's certainly suggestive. It's also likely that, if there is a connection, it implies that LB's disappearance and ultimate fate was not an accident or misadventure, but carefully planned (or with as much care as DM was capable of). If the need for the Eliminator was present before its actual delivery, my guess is that the "evidence" could have been hidden somewhere until they had the machine up and running. Or, this first alleged homicide might have taken a different course. There are so many pieces missing we don't really know, and will likely never find out.

One thing we can be fairly confident of, is that DM's third homicide (assuming the others can be proven) will be his last. He can spend his after-50 life applying for parole, like Clifford Olson did, and with the same likelihood of success.

What I found most moving about the Fifth Estate piece was the films of Tim, with his voice included. You get a much better impression of who someone is when you hear them as well as see them. Naturally a whole lot of other details were left out.

At the end of the broadcast McKeown's voice-over said there was another film clip about the TPS investigation/shortcomings on the Fifth Estate YouTube channel, but I can't find it. Did anyone else?

I watched the show. I am not convinced that the Toronto Police messed up. Lots of serial murderers get away for a while before they are caught. I also wonder when the SB interviews were done, they seemed recent.

I watched the show. I am not convinced that the Toronto Police messed up. Lots of serial murderers get away for a while before they are caught. I also wonder when the SB interviews were done, they seemed recent.

It wasn't just the lack of investigation into DM - the Toronto Police seemingly did nothing to look for LB. She had also filed assault charges a few months before she went missing and the Toronto Police did not make the connection or were simply not interested. A missing woman with an (allegedly) abusive ex and a pending court date should have been a huge red flag for police, even if that ex ended up having nothing to do with her disappearance.

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2014/06/07/dellen_millard_murder_of_laura_babcock_leaves_lingering_questions_for_police.html

Interesting that Shawn Lerner didn't want to be interviewed for the show. He would have been great IMO. He looks so handsome and he cares so much about the Laura. He was so brave to confront DM but DM got away, flew off to Europe. Shame on the police IMO. Millard and Smich murdered Laura. DM got to live it up with his friends for almost a full year and kill two more people. JMO

Also interesting was the Jennings said that Wayne was going to cut DM off for spending too much money.

I didn't interpret this the same way you did. True, the first we *hear* of the Eliminator being used was in the correspondence between SS and the company.

You may be right. A quick refresher of timelines.

July 2nd 2012 - Last contact with Laura
July 5th 2012 - Eliminator is delivered to the hanger. Although not portable.
July 9th 2012 - Schlatman emails Penner to let him know it was received.
August 13th 2012 - Schlatman emails Penner requesting a copy of the receipt because DM lost it. And signs off with .....

"BTW — SN500 is working great now," Schlatman signed off: "sounds awesome when the afterburner kicks in!!"

MOO

Also interesting was the Jennings said that Wayne was going to cut DM off for spending too much money.

Yes, that was interesting. Has anyone heard of anyone else stating this, though?

IMHO, Jennings was trying to impress (for lack of a better word) on the fifth estate episode.

He stated that he contacted 911 to inquire about the VIN, when we all know that is not what he did at first. He contacted CrimeStoppers and waited, iirc, two-three days until he finally called 911. Huge difference, IMHO. I didn't find him to be trustworthy at all. MOO.

Yes, that was interesting. Has anyone heard of anyone else stating this, though?

IMHO, Jennings was trying to impress (for lack of a better word) on the fifth estate episode.

He stated that he contacted 911 to inquire about the VIN, when we all know that is not what he did at first. He contacted CrimeStoppers and waited, iirc, two-three days until he finally called 911. Huge difference, IMHO. I didn't find him to be trustworthy at all. MOO.

He also said that he heard this stuff about DM. He did not say he knew it first hand. Who told him this? That sounds like stuff the manager would know unless DM blabbed it to Shane.

The info on the motorcycle and trailer that were stolen and not investigated by the TO police...that was new info? Wonder if someone can get a hold of that survelliance video... I suppose it doesn't change anything but I'd be interested to see if it could have change the course of things.

The info on the motorcycle and trailer that were stolen and not investigated by the TO police...that was new info? Wonder if someone can get a hold of that survelliance video... I suppose it doesn't change anything but I'd be interested to see if it could have change the course of things.

From May 30, 2013:

The bike and trailer were taken from his back driveway in downtown Toronto in broad daylight last fall and witnesses reported seeing perhaps two men in a black truck back in and take it away.

It broke Marty's heart.

He managed to secure some surveillance video which he turned over to Toronto Police.

"Perhaps that tape will have some good information on it for the current investigation," Marty said. "I don't know if it was ever looked at."

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/30/stolen-harley-found-on-property-of-accused-tim-bosma-killer

How does anyone know that the theft was not investigated?

Well I sure wasn't impression with his lies. Those lies you listed Mrs Threadgoode. I think AJ thinks he has most people fooled into believing he was just this innocent guy working for free with his SIL for this rich young dude who had too much time on his hands and money to throw around..except AJ's way. You've got to be kidding me...I think AJ received some sort of payback from DM ;) No grown man works for anyone for free if they have any commonsense and half a brain.

Apparently AJ was the guy doing the majority of the building on that customized trailer for DM. Don't tell me AJ didn't know what that special compartment contained and hidden in the trailer was meant for. ;) I think AJ knew there was a lot of illegal stuff going on in that hangar but turned a blind eye when he could. Perhaps the murder of another human was the breaking point for him and he couldn't morally turn a blind eye on that. Or perhaps he knew that if he didn't go to LE he might find himself included in illegal charges of some sort once LE cracked the case. Or worse, perhaps he figured he was the guy who knew too much and figured he might become the next victim of DM's and the Eliminator. Best to get out while the barn door was open. In this case the hangar door. IMO he doesn't appear to be an outstanding citizen of society kwim but that's JMHO...all of it. I know the old saying about judging a book by it's cover but in some cases the cover says a lot also.

Interesting that Shawn Lerner didn't want to be interviewed for the show. He would have been great IMO. He looks so handsome and he cares so much about the Laura. He was so brave to confront DM but DM got away, flew off to Europe. Shame on the police IMO. Millard and Smich murdered Laura. DM got to live it up with his friends for almost a full year and kill two more people. JMO
Overall, I felt the fifth estate delving into LE bundling the LB investigation was premature. The case is still pending trial and so we won't fully know what LE did and did not do or what they have in relation to evidence. LE often doesn't discuss open investigations and cases before the courts. Even SB said herself, the first she had heard of the eliminator was at trial. I'm sure there was a lot of info LE never shared with her because she was also a witness.

I don't think SL *could* be interviewed. If he will be called to testify at the LB trial, which I think is likely, there is often restrictions about talking to the media. Doing so can jeopardize the case.

JMO.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Overall, I felt the fifth estate delving into LE bundling the LB investigation was premature. The case is still pending trial and so we won't fully know what LE did and did not do or what they have in relation to evidence. LE often doesn't discuss open investigations and cases before the courts. Even SB said herself, the first she had heard of the eliminator was at trial. I'm sure there was a lot of info LE never shared with her because she was also a witness.

I don't think SL *could* be interviewed. If he will be called to testify at the LB trial, which I think is likely, there is often restrictions about talking to the media. Doing so can jeopardize the case.

JMO.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I agree with what you said. LE does not always talk and let people know what was going on or how an investigation unfolds. Toronto Police very easily could of investigated DM in the LB case, but I can tell you for sure that the ex boyfriend would never be able to find out what LE did say or investigated with DM as he was the apparently the last person to talk with her. In hindsight it looks very easy to blame police in thinking they did not follow up, but if I recall correctly, LB was on some drugs at the time, had charges pending in court for theft, and was dabbling in prostitution (if I recall). This is hardly someone the police are going to spend significant resources on at the time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444
Back