Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree with what you said. LE does not always talk and let people know what was going on or how an investigation unfolds. Toronto Police very easily could of investigated DM in the LB case, but I can tell you for sure that the ex boyfriend would never be able to find out what LE did say or investigated with DM as he was the apparently the last person to talk with her. In hindsight it looks very easy to blame police in thinking they did not follow up, but if I recall correctly, LB was on some drugs at the time, had charges pending in court for theft, and was dabbling in prostitution (if I recall). This is hardly someone the police are going to spend significant resources on at the time.

Huh? The last time that I checked there was not a sliding scale for the police to decide what crimes are investigated and which ones are not??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that was interesting. Has anyone heard of anyone else stating this, though?

IMHO, Jennings was trying to impress (for lack of a better word) on the fifth estate episode.

He stated that he contacted 911 to inquire about the VIN, when we all know that is not what he did at first. He contacted CrimeStoppers and waited, iirc, two-three days until he finally called 911. Huge difference, IMHO. I didn't find him to be trustworthy at all. MOO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed. Not sure that the middle-aged intern was privy to the inner workings of Wayne Millard's business arrangement with his son.

Agreed. Not sure that the middle-aged intern was privy to the inner workings of Wayne Millard's business arrangement with his son.

There was one other detail he got wrong, which he was directly related to I believe. I can't recall for the life of me what he said, but I remember correcting the detail to an audible groan from my SO (knowing how interested I've been in the case).

Edit. It's when AJ is talking about receiving the text message. He claimed it said "Don't come in, Office politics." (paraphrasing) I guess I was nitpicking.. DM claimed 'Airport Politics'.

I think AJ thinks he has most people fooled into believing he was just this innocent guy working for free with his SIL for this rich young dude who had too much time on his hands and money to throw around..except AJ's way. You've got to be kidding me...I think AJ received some sort of payback from DM ;) No grown man works for anyone for free if they have any commonsense and half a brain.

Just to clarify, it was widely reported in MSM that Jennings was not some kind of "volunteer," but rather a co-op student working at the hangar for four months as part of a diploma or degree program of some kind. In such cases the co-op worker is not on salary, his or her remuneration is the credit received towards his or her diploma, as well as the work experience which is often useful in finding a paid position later (some co-op students end up being hired by their placement company; I know of such a case at an auto body shop in my area).

It was reiterated in the trial testimony.

Here are several sources that mention Jennings' status as a co-op student worker:

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...red-belonged-to-missing-tim-bosma-trial-hears

http://www.lfpress.com/2016/02/04/tim-bosma-murder-trial-crown-to-continue-to-build-case

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6263405-tim-bosma-murder-trial-nobody-comes-to-the-hangar-today-/

I don't find AJ the one to hold up for excoriation in this case however. It's SS who IMO has the most to answer for and probably was far more deeply involved in DM's criminal activities than we will ever know.

It's easy enough to put yourself in the shoes of any Millard associate and understand why they acted as they did at the time. Still, it's a little depressing that there was not even one single person who truly stepped up and did something that was neither utterly ordinary nor self interested. It would have been gratifying to see even one person driven by character rather than other pressures and concerns.

Not really sure what the point of the Fifth Estate program was, as they didn't really disclose anything that we had already heard from the trial. Once the LB and WM trials are over, then it would be interesting to see how all of the evidence (texts, etc.) play out.

Even CN's plea deal is an interesting plot twist....

Having the Dark Ambition book out now is only telling part of the DM / MS story, as the other two cases are yet to be prosecuted.

Not sure what the timeline is to have charges stayed, but the LB and WM crimes happened in 2012, and are only going to trial in 2017 and 2018 respectively. We certainly don't want to have that happen!

Huh? The last time that I checked there was not a sliding scale for the police to decide what crimes are investigated and which ones are not??

I never said that Toronto Police did not investigate Laura Babcock. Re-read what I wrote, I said they would spend significant resources on that situation given the circumstances.

Overall, I felt the fifth estate delving into LE bundling the LB investigation was premature. The case is still pending trial and so we won't fully know what LE did and did not do or what they have in relation to evidence. LE often doesn't discuss open investigations and cases before the courts. Even SB said herself, the first she had heard of the eliminator was at trial. I'm sure there was a lot of info LE never shared with her because she was also a witness.

I don't think SL *could* be interviewed. If he will be called to testify at the LB trial, which I think is likely, there is often restrictions about talking to the media. Doing so can jeopardize the case.

JMO.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

IIRC, LE said in one of their news conferences Q&A's that they didn't have the phone records until after DM was arrested for the TB case. Considering that, I'd be surprised if DM's lawyer wasn't telling the truth when he said DM had never been questioned about LB's disappearances.

It's been a while since I watched the show, but my impression was that SB was saying she didn't know the "extent" of how Tim was burned - not that she had never heard of the eliminator until the trial. It would have been impossible not to have heard of the incinerator in May of 2013 IMO.

JMO

Yes, that was interesting. Has anyone heard of anyone else stating this, though?

IMHO, Jennings was trying to impress (for lack of a better word) on the fifth estate episode.

He stated that he contacted 911 to inquire about the VIN, when we all know that is not what he did at first. He contacted CrimeStoppers and waited, iirc, two-three days until he finally called 911. Huge difference, IMHO. I didn't find him to be trustworthy at all. MOO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe that it was after LE had visited the hangar that he finally decided to go to police, before they came back to him or his son-in-law.

IIRC, LE said in one of their news conferences Q&A's that they didn't have the phone records until after DM was arrested for the TB case. Considering that, I'd be surprised if DM's lawyer wasn't telling the truth when he said DM had never been questioned about LB's disappearances.

It's been a while since I watched the show, but my impression was that SB was saying she didn't know the "extent" of how Tim was burned - not that she had never heard of the eliminator until the trial. It would have been impossible not to have heard of the incinerator in May of 2013 IMO.

JMO
You may be right. I need to educate myself on the investigation into the LB's disappearance.

As for SBs knowledge of the "extent", she said in the FE interview investigators told her TB was burned beyond recognition. To me, that's "extent" but she said (and I'll double check) that she didn't know how and learned of the eliminator at trial. That explains TBs mom running out of the court room. What a terrible way to find out. You'd think someone would soften the news. JMO.

I know witnesses are instructed not to follow media before trial. Does the same apply for the family?

OT, I remember Rodney Stafford, after the trial, saying it was really tough to talk to media, or even not talk to media, about the things LE/crown had shared with him because it would jeopardize the trial. I wonder if LE gives out little information to the family to avoid leaks.

You may be right. I need to educate myself on the investigation into the LB's disappearance.

As for SBs knowledge of the "extent", she said in the FE interview investigators told her TB was burned beyond recognition. To me, that's "extent" but she said (and I'll double check) that she didn't know how and learned of the eliminator at trial. That explains TBs mom running out of the court room. What a terrible way to find out. You'd think someone would soften the news. JMO.

I know witnesses are instructed not to follow media before trial. Does the same apply for the family?

OT, I remember Rodney Stafford, after the trial, saying it was really tough to talk to media, or even not talk to media, about the things LE/crown had shared with him because it would jeopardize the trial. I wonder if LE gives out little information to the family to avoid leaks.

Making the family wait 3 years until the trial to find out the details of TB's death seems torturous. Wow... shocking they would be kept in the dark.

SB may have interpreted burnt or "charred beyond recognition" differently from the reality that only a few fragments, a couple of small badly damaged bones and the remnants of a tooth was all that remained of Tim. I did a quick search to see when it was that the extent of the damage to his remains was learned and couldn't find anything. Maybe someone else remembers. His memorial was on May 22, 2013.

One article in August, 2014: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...iles-as-she-s-released-on-100k-bail-1.2731080

"Bosma's remains were found charred beyond recognition on a Waterloo farm owned by Dellen Millard . . ."

SB may have interpreted burnt or "charred beyond recognition" differently from the reality that only a few fragments, a couple of small badly damaged bones and the remnants of a tooth was all that remained of Tim. I did a quick search to see when it was that the extent of the damage to his remains was learned and couldn't find anything. Maybe someone else remembers. His memorial was on May 22, 2013.

One article in August, 2014: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...iles-as-she-s-released-on-100k-bail-1.2731080

"Bosma's remains were found charred beyond recognition on a Waterloo farm owned by Dellen Millard . . ."

Yes, I agree. That is what I meant by the "extent" of it.

I went back and watched that part of the interview again and SB actually didn't say anything specifically about the eliminator. She was asked how LE notified her of Tim's death and she said he told her that Tim had been burned beyond recognition and that he wouldn't or couldn't explain what that meant. She went on to say that, until the trial, she didn't fully know what that meant.

It's my understanding that LE usually keeps the family informed of updates (that was why Rodney found it hard not to talk so as not to jeopardize the trial).

I recall that there was a master Google Drive tally of all the courtroom tweets and coverage. Can anyone point me in the direction of how I can find this info?

Hope DM and MS are looking forward to their joyous and wonderful Christmas in the slammer! This is their 4th of many Christmases in prison...

Hope DM and MS are looking forward to their joyous and wonderful Christmas in the slammer! This is their 4th of many Christmases in prison...

I wonder why it was never reported what prison these two would be sent to after sentencing? Or was it and I missed it?

Perhaps they are being kept at their respective jails until the other trials to facilitate their lawyers? Or both have been moved to a Toronto jail since the other cases are there? I guess that would make it easier on them to see family and friends over the holidays? :rolleyes:

MOO

I wonder why it was never reported what prison these two would be sent to after sentencing? Or was it and I missed it?

Perhaps they are being kept at their respective jails until the other trials to facilitate their lawyers? Or both have been moved to a Toronto jail since the other cases are there? I guess that would make it easier on them to see family and friends over the holidays? :rolleyes:

MOO

Nothing should be for their benefit or advantage! In fact, they should be kept in general population, and if something were to happen to them, such as "dying by accident"... oh well.... I remember DM mentioning in the letters to CN that if "the person died by accident, then it is not murder..."

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444
Back