Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LW got a $10k commission for doing nothing; DM has a $1M outstanding tax bill no doubt related to the business; DM was putting $15k of parts on a credit account per month...yeah there are a lot of other expenses and little money left over to pay for them.

DM may be sitting on millions at the moment for example if he hasn't settled that $1M tax bill yet. The thing is, he's bankrupt; things ultimately don't add up positively.

I think when DM spoke of the "family coffers running dry" he meant that the money that was easily accessible, the assets that were easily liquidated (i.e., not the real estate) had been exhausted.

I think he is burning all of the real estate money now, and there is not enough to cover his debts.

It's possible, but i find it hard to believe that WM didn't have a lot in personal assets as well, unrelated to his businesses. Also, I was more referring to the expenses that would be directly related to the real estate transactions, that would come right off the top. Also, I am wondering, hypothetically, what happens in a case where say DM is the sole heir to WM's estate, he proceeds to spend piles of money on whatever, and then at a later date, after lots of money is already GONE, he is charged with the murder, at which time WM's funds are held... do the courts have any recourse to try to get that money back from DM which he already took out of WM's estate?

Wouldn't that be something if the mystery fiancee of WM's really does exist and WM had an up to date will leaving her a beneficiary. :laughing: That could settle things up fairly quickly after WM's murder trial. I guess if she does exist and if WM didn't have an up to date will, she 'could' contest his will if they were engaged about to marry. Your point make sense Kamille though as to why the Bosmas have listed both DM and MB on the suit that they are beneficiaries . But then perhaps they feel the mystery fiancee is also entitled to some compensation for the loss of her beloved. :dunno: MOO.

LOL at her veil during the trial when she has her instagram public and showing off her bod in photos, ridiculous.

LOL again because she wore gloves when she helped move the incinerator. Why would she wear gloves? Again, ridiculous.

LOL again because she wore gloves when she helped move the incinerator. Why would she wear gloves? Again, ridiculous.

DM probably told her to wear them. He probably didn't want fingerprints on it.

Wouldn't that be something if the mystery fiancee of WM's really does exist and WM had an up to date will leaving her a beneficiary. :laughing: That could settle things up fairly quickly after WM's murder trial. I guess if she does exist and if WM didn't have an up to date will, she 'could' contest his will if they were engaged about to marry. Your point make sense Kamille though as to why the Bosmas have listed both DM and MB on the suit that they are beneficiaries . But then perhaps they feel the mystery fiancee is also entitled to some compensation for the loss of her beloved. :dunno: MOO.

I thought there was an EG as WM's fiancee and she died of cancer before he voluntary/NOT voluntary died ...?? Was there another one later on? Today I'm missing the info (maybe yesterday I still had known ;) ). :confused:

I thought there was an EG as WM's fiancee and she died of cancer before he voluntary/NOT voluntary died ...?? Was there another one later on? Today I'm missing the info (maybe yesterday I still had known ;) ). :confused:

"Police sources also told Toronto’s CityNews that Wayne had announced shortly before his death that he was in love and engaged to be married" at the following link:

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/millard-aviation-business-in-decline-long-before-tim-bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it

Also read the first comment and Ann's response wrt WM's rumored engagement:

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2014/06/murder-or-suicide-the-investigation-into-the-death-of-wayne-millard.html

New article recapping Noudga's testimony by ABro in the National Post

‘Should I have asked every time he showed up pulling a trailer?’ Bosma killer’s girlfriend to face her own trial
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/tim-bosma-witness-christina-noudga

I especially liked the part where they didn't watch any news because it was too disturbing....or would be, if they had watched it, which they didn't because you never know if news might be disturbing you know.
I'm glad it's only a judge hearing her pitch that it was all DM texting those damning things on her cellphone, for the first time ever, while driving and having sex all at once because she was too busy.

Because she didn't want the death dust on her hands from cleaning it out. If they were afraid of fingerprints they would have got rid of the thing.

Because she didn't want the death dust on her hands from cleaning it out. If they were afraid of fingerprints they would have got rid of the thing.

You're right. I totally forgot that she and DM no doubt cleaned that horrid thing out.....probably more then once.

Only 11 days until the US election and the release of ABro's book

25 days until CN's trial.

Dellen Millard 'has no money' to pay for defence at coming murder trials, court told
http://www.torontosun.com/2016/10/2...ay-for-defence-at-coming-murder-trials-lawyer

“There is no money in my client’s hands to fund a defence,” said James Grout, the court-appointed lawyer who represented two of Millard’s companies now in receivership.

“The only assets of those two companies are a (vendor-take-back) mortgage of two — what I would call — shell companies,” Grout told Justice John McMahon.

What is a 'Vendor Take-Back Mortgage'
A vendor take-back mortgage is a type of mortgage in which the seller offers to lend funds to the buyer to help facilitate the purchase of the property. The take-back mortgage often represents a secondary lien on the property, as most buyers will have a primary source of funding other than the seller.

BREAKING DOWN 'Vendor Take-Back Mortgage'
In most cases, the take-back mortgage is offered at a rate below market value. This makes the option more attractive for the buyer, which can translate into a fast sale for the seller because another source of financing is being offered. Take-back mortgages often allow buyers to purchase property valued above their traditional financing limits.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/v/vendor_take_back.asp#ixzz4OQfycov7

I call foul. There is no way DM has gone through 10.5 million dollars worth of property, the proceeds of the sale of equipment, vehicles, aircraft and other material assets as well as any investment funds in the name of either him, his father or both. All while sitting in a jail cell being housed and fed with public funds. So are we to assume that the rest of the millions are frozen in WM's estate? How was MB able to sell WM assets with a POA from DM? How was DM able to transfer property in the name of WM to MB?. I really hope the Bosma's attorneys are keeping their eye on the bouncing ball.

MOO

Well it seems DM offered the helicopter people a loan to get the hangar off his hands, and that money will dribble back, but there are large claims against it like the $1.2M in legal bills and $1M Revenue Canada bill.

So there is money, but there are also many claims to it.

I call foul. There is no way DM has gone through 10.5 million dollars worth of property, the proceeds of the sale of equipment, vehicles, aircraft and other material assets as well as any investment funds in the name of either him, his father or both. All while sitting in a jail cell being housed and fed with public funds. So are we to assume that the rest of the millions are frozen in WM's estate? How was MB able to sell WM assets with a POA from DM? How was DM able to transfer property in the name of WM to MB?.

I doubt that it's a matter of DM having "burned through" a lot of money - though his defense for the Bosma trial undoubtedly cost him a whopping sum. Top criminal lawyers charge north of $1000/hr (Marie Henein, who represented Jian Ghomeshi, is said to charge $1500-2000/hr). Nationally, the cost of defense lawyers for a trial is around $10 000 per day, and the Bosma trial lasted four and a half months. So DM's defense could easily have racked up a bill in excess of $700 000.

Rather than "burning through" money, I suspect that most of the funds are tied up one way or another. The equipment, vehicles and other assets that were sold off were doubtless the property of Millardair, not of DM personally, and the revenue generated would be set against the debt owed by the company as a result of the hangar construction. Real estate properties we've heard about might also have been in the name of Millardair (I haven't seen anything to suggest either that they were or they weren't, so it's an open question); in many circumstances, it's a tax advantage to have properties in the name of the business rather than as personal assets. *If* this was the case, then DM's transferring POA to MB would make sense, as both were officials of Millardair, and MB could make the appropriate business decisions - but the revenue from any sales might be caught up in the debt/credit balance sheets following the dissolution of Millardair. The funds would not be available for DM for his personal use.

And as for WM's other assets, such as investments etc. - we have not heard about those, but assuming he had some, it's quite likely they were used as collateral for the loan he took out to build the hangar. Thus these, too, would not be available for DM's use, even if he were not charged with WM's murder.

It's not clear what properties or assets were in DM's name alone. Maplegate? Several others? None? Unless they were exclusively in his own name as an individual, they would be caught up in this legal tangle, which could take years to sort out. Fans of Dickens' novel Bleak House will remember how the long legal action of Jarndyce vs. Jarndyce went on for (seemingly) generations until not a penny was left after taxes and legal fees.

The same could happen here. Not enough information has been made public for us to determine whether DM has a lot of personal assets he could access. MB could use her own money to help DM, if she wishes, but she has no legal obligation to do so. Parents are not expected to fund the defense of their adult and presumably independent children, though some, like G. P. Morin's parents, make huge personal sacrifices to do so.

I'm confident we'll get the facts eventually, but that could be a few years down the road.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy
Back