Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically, he probably never did. While I'm sure he could have sold enough pot to buy his own gun, I still think it was DM that actually shelled out the cash.

I wondered if maybe a gun was payment for some of the missions, maybe ones we haven't learned about.

There was also the phone call were DM sang to CN. One of DM's great understandings of life is that "money buys you everything" even when you're behind bars. By giving MB POA over his affairs, his supporters like LW2, SS and everyone else willing to do DM favours were able to get paid. It's ironic that DM knows that money can buy him anything, yet he got his thrills from stealing and murdering, even though he had absolutely no reason to do so- he had figured out that all of this money kept him clear of being a suspect in his thieving missions. MOO

Good comment. I'd offer to buy you pizza but you would probably tell me to shove it ;)

Good morning everyone! Welcome to Day 5. :happydance: Hopefully today is the day the wait ends.

I hope verdict is handed down today.... the wait is unbearable.....imagine how it must seem to DM and MS? I hope they are losing sleep over this...

I have missed the last 3 days of comments so it may have come up already, but I recall LW also saying something about a break in when she spoke of his 'bad luck'.

Thank you, I was trying to remember who the heck else said this.

There was also the phone call were DM sang to CN. One of DM's great understandings of life is that "money buys you everything" even when you're behind bars. By giving MB POA over his affairs, his supporters like LW2, SS and everyone else willing to do DM favours were able to get paid. It's ironic that DM knows that money can buy him anything, yet he got his thrills from stealing and murdering, even though he had absolutely no reason to do so- he had figured out that all of this money kept him clear of being a suspect in his thieving missions. MOO

DM's money won't last long. I'd be willing to believe they don't have much left.

I hope verdict is handed down today.... the wait is unbearable.....imagine how it must seem to DM and MS? I hope they are losing sleep over this...

Who cares how DM and MS feel about it? I certainly don't give a darn over those 2 pieces of ****.

About the suppressed gun evidence. As someone else pointed out, what would have happened if they hadn't found the shell casing?

Wow kind of creepy. I was just sitting here drinking my coffee and it came back to me that I had a dream last night that the jury delivered the verdict and had to explain their thought process.

They did convict MS of 1st in my dream and most of their reasoning was, MM, MH, AM, SS, BD, etc. all lied in their testimonies in some big ways to protect themselves so why would MS be any different. They decided he was lying in his testimony when saying he wasn't in the truck when the shooting happened.

It actually just gave me an "AHA" moment. That does actually make some sense if they go down with that train of thought. Even MS pointed out on the stand that so many others did lie. So why would he be any different??

Sorry to let you all have a glimpse into my mind. :facepalm: All, MOO.
Totally see what your saying Mozz. To add to this and show how complex their deliberations must be, during Day 1 of jury charge the judge instructed:
Judge said: disbelief of testimony is not proof of guilt, it is the essential elements that are important. Ignore that part and consider the rest.

(From my notes, BBM regarding credibility and reliability of a witness: Recal, observe and recount. You can choose to believe some, none or all of testimony) there's no magic formula. Do they have a personal interest in it? Don't put undue weight on it though. Both innocent and guilty persons have personal interest in outcome. Don't assume they will lie. Crown and Pillay said MS was motivated to lie- disregard this as it tramples on the presumption of innocence.

DM's money won't last long. I'd be willing to believe they don't have much left.

I feel like I remember reading/hearing that there's a possibility Pillay & Sachak took on the case for the publicity and therefore wouldn't charge as much?

No, there is simply too much money. I don't think there were many assets that were held in WM's name alone and I don't think DM will lose too much after the verdict in the WM trial, if DM is found guilty and can't inherit.

He is going to be a jailed millionaire.

Oh I think there's still a healthy 7 figures there. MB got the hangar sold and liquidated all the properties. Even though MB sold her house, IMHO, that's her money and should have nothing to do with DM's sordid little mess. I'm confident that MB won't face any financial hardships. There is a possibility that any money that came to DM by way of WM's death may really belong to WM's family, but IMHO that accounting and allocation can't be done until it's proven that DM did in fact murder WM. Perhaps once everything is settled DM will no longer be a jail house millionaire, but as of right now, IMHO, his bank account is still pretty flush. MOO

Ok. Ok. Another thought. I remember one of the forensic person mentioning that the eliminator had been used more than once and it got shut down quickly. And speculation as who? LB went missing June/July of 2012. SS if to believed tested it in August of 2012. When was the boat load of blood found? .?

BBM I feel this comment needed to be addressed, I was a single drop of blood. Definitely not a 'boat-load'.

Did anyone else noticed the black Dodge Ram in the pic of SB playing Jenga? It was the first thing I noticed. It struck me as...distasteful maybe? I can't find the word.
Don't find it distasteful maybe more ironic

Do you think we would be at the point we are today if Millard had not grown up with money?

I am wondering how much his wealth informed his attitude to other people. Millard really should have had a perfect life. What went wrong?

Susan Clairmont just responded to a tweeted question regarding upcoming approx. trial dates:

Noudga is November, Babcock is Feb. 13, 2017 and Wayne Millard is June 23, 2017.

(We have heard for a while now that Noudga's is Nov. 14, 2016.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, there is simply too much money. I don't think there were many assets that were held in WM's name alone and I don't think DM will lose too much after the verdict in the WM trial, if DM is found guilty and can't inherit.

I wonder if DM & MB may be parted from their money if there is civil litigation sometime in the future???

Do you think we would be at the point we are today if Millard had not grown up with money?

I am wondering how much his wealth informed his attitude to other people. Millard really should have had a perfect life. What went wrong?

Part nature, part nurture I suspect.

With or without money he would likely still have been messed up, but it does appear that his upbringing only exasperated the situation.

Yup, a LOT of assets were sold, so I agree that there is plenty of money. If DM was broke, I'm sure the Crown WOULD have gotten bank records to prove this part of the theory. I always thought it was weird that they didn't obtain DM'S financial records or at least call in the "real accounts".

As for WM assets, DM probably didn't know that in a case of suicide, insurance policies are held for 2 years. So DM wouldn't have gotten WM insurance policy payout for 2 years (at least that's what I've been told). Maybe that's why he was pi$$ed at the MA accountants because they couldn't release any funds? He said something about "his accountants to LW2, why he couldn't close on the condo". I wonder if WM assets (other then insurance policy) would also be held in the case of suicide?

So since DM signed everything over to MB, would the inheritance then go to MB? Or would anything even get paid out (by way of insurance policy) in the case of murder?

ALL MOO and JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member