Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the verdict could come any day now. My original guess was 4+ days. I'm sure the hold up is what to do with MS. I have to say, it's obvious to me that some people on the jury must be seeing reasonable doubt and making sure they get it right. It's nice to know I'm not crazy lol

Also, yesterday on WS I saw a reference to a gun being stolen from Millard's house. Is that correct? Did MS say that when the jury was out of the room?

Also, yesterday on WS I saw a reference to a gun being stolen from Millard's house. Is that correct? Did MS say that when the jury was out of the room?

Yes it was testimony that Marlena Meneses gave but jury did not hear. Drugs and a gun stolen, apparently.

Believe it was MM s testimony. Not sure if it was said during the trial. Think it was when the jury was out. Or in her police statement. Assuming the judge wanted to keep the fact of multiple guns out of evidence. Stand be corrected.

Ok. Ok. Another thought. I remember one of the forensic person mentioning that the eliminator had been used more than once and it got shut down quickly. And speculation as who? LB went missing June/July of 2012. SS if to believed tested it in August of 2012. When was the boat load of blood found? .?

Nothing would shock me anymore. MB delivered them, Lawyer delivered, Accountant delivered them while getting papers signed(?). I am sure there were other visitors. A guard. The possibilities are endless.

I think at this point the only thing that would shock me is if one or both of these (use words here that get you banned) accused opened their mouth and confessed to everything. While I'm sure that's not going to happen, maybe the shocker about the letters is that DM himself told someone he was writing to CN despite the no contact order? Maybe bragging about it in jail to someone he thought he was impressing?

IIRC, the comment came from MM during a voir dire session and was never admissible. I can understand why evidence surrounding "other" guns has been withheld due to the fact that we have a couple of other dead people. It's a well known fact that WM died from a bullet, but I'm not sure if LB met the same fate. I would imagine that if the gun they photoshopped out of the pic was the gun that they found with WM, they could not have it surface into evidence at this trial.

IMHO, the multiple untried murders these two low lives have outstanding has worked very well for the Defence and posed numerous issues for the Judge. This is definitely the most difficult trial for the Crown. For example, the purchase of the incinerator almost a year earlier may be difficult to rationalize without knowing that it was originally purchased for LB. Both DM and MS used the system to their benefit. MS saying he never owned a gun??? The Crown must have seen red more than a few times. MOO

I feel like the verdict could come any day now. My original guess was 4+ days. I'm sure the hold up is what to do with MS. I have to say, it's obvious to me that some people on the jury must be seeing reasonable doubt and making sure they get it right. It's nice to know I'm not crazy lol

I would tend to agree that they're not (or were not, at least) all on the same page about him. I'm not at all surprised, either.

IIRC, the comment came from MM during a voir dire session and was never admissible. I can understand why evidence surrounding "other" guns has been withheld due to the fact that we have a couple of other dead people. It's a well known fact that WM died from a bullet, but I'm not sure if LB met the same fate. I would imagine that if the gun they photoshopped out of the pic was the gun that they found with WM, they could not have it surface into evidence at this trial.

IMHO, the multiple untried murders these two low lives have outstanding has worked very well for the Defence and posed numerous issues for the Judge. This is definitely the most difficult trial for the Crown. For example, the purchase of the incinerator almost a year earlier may be difficult to rationalize without knowing that it was originally purchased for LB. Both DM and MS used the system to their benefit. MS saying he never owned a gun??? The Crown must have seen red more than a few times. MOO

Technically, he probably never did. While I'm sure he could have sold enough pot to buy his own gun, I still think it was DM that actually shelled out the cash.

I was just watching CTV am news and they announced they had breaking news........then they announced, 'We have a verdict ....[and you know I sat up and froze] ...in the case of a 90 year old Auscwitz guard [exhale & breathe]'. I won't say it was shock exactly---more like a dry run and now the chills are going down my back. Likely all of WS is a bit of a bindle of nerves by now as well.
CTV host actually asked 'what is taking so long' and the consulting lawyer reminded that is 2 accused....almost 5 months of testimony.......and they only got the case late on Monday......so:dj: 'Cue the Jeopardy music again'

This has been discussed already I'm sure but I missed a few days due to work being busy.
In the excluded evidence, one text exchange between DM and MWJ (about guns) was:
Millard then wrote, "By the time I let her go, she'll be a dirty girl." Jackson responded, "[that's] fine lol. I can change her print."

Does anyone know what "change her print" means specifically? Change the gun how?

Thanks!

Ballistics can be used to show that two bullets came out of the same gun. A gun's print is the twists and nicks on the inside of the barrel that make small indentations on the bullet as it exits the barrel. To change the print, you change the barrel of the gun either by replacing it, or modifying it in some manner so that the marks on the exiting bullet are now different. If you get caught with a 'dirty' gun, you might have some explaining to do as to why a bullet came out of your gun that was used to kill someone, so you change its print to protect yourself from that possibility.

I think Day 1 was exceedingly short and the jury barely had a chance to get organized. Then on Day 3 they spent time in court for a big hunk of the day and the juror with the migraine still needed more rest later to feel better. No questions from the jury today and an earlier end of their deliberations because of a late lunch leads me to believe they are settled into the process now. Still, I can imagine their deliberations going on in earnest for a few more days and I won't be surprised if they take until the end of the weekend or until early next week to come to a unanimous decision.

I'm just hoping that they don't feel pressured to speed up the process because they each have to feel right about their decision and it has to be unanimous. That kind of cooperation and consensus is a challenge in any group, but it's especially difficult to achieve in this jury's circumstance when the stakes are so high and will determine the future of both accused. They have my admiration, and I'm working on improving my patience as I anxiously wait for the verdicts along with you all! :)

All MOO.

I have immense faith in this jury....they have literally had this case "in their faces" for almost 5 months. They have heard every single thing said in that courtroom. They have seen every little grimace....heard tone of voice....picked up on the energy In the room. They knew full well the significance of their being there right from Day 1. They have been limited to the evidence and the testimony and facts and that is exactly what their decision must be based upon. There is simply no substitute for that first hand experience !! We can armchair quarterback all day but the truth is as a jury pool we are contaminated with all the extras that we have taken in. I am just so curious to see if in the end the jury sees their way to the same conclusions that our poll shows and most posters support.

I have immense faith in this jury....they have literally had this case "in their faces" for almost 5 months. They have heard every single thing said in that courtroom. They have seen every little grimace....heard tone of voice....picked up on the energy In the room. They knew full well the significance of their being there right from Day 1. They have been limited to the evidence and the testimony and facts and that is exactly what their decision must be based upon. There is simply no substitute for that first hand experience !! We can armchair quarterback all day but the truth is as a jury pool we are contaminated with all the extras that we have taken in. I am just so curious to see if in the end the jury sees their way to the same conclusions that our poll shows and most posters support.

Very well said! I have been thinking exactly this thought but not articulate enough to say it like you.

Wow kind of creepy. I was just sitting here drinking my coffee and it came back to me that I had a dream last night that the jury delivered the verdict and had to explain their thought process.

They did convict MS of 1st in my dream and most of their reasoning was, MM, MH, AM, SS, BD, etc. all lied in their testimonies in some big ways to protect themselves so why would MS be any different. They decided he was lying in his testimony when saying he wasn't in the truck when the shooting happened.

It actually just gave me an "AHA" moment. That does actually make some sense if they go down with that train of thought. Even MS pointed out on the stand that so many others did lie. So why would he be any different??

Sorry to let you all have a glimpse into my mind. :facepalm: All, MOO.

I have missed the last 3 days of comments so it may have come up already, but I recall LW also saying something about a break in when she spoke of his 'bad luck'.

Technically, he probably never did. While I'm sure he could have sold enough pot to buy his own gun, I still think it was DM that actually shelled out the cash.
I remember seeing on TV that small scale drug dealers make $5/hr on average and most often live with their parents. I think there is 0 chance that he could save that amount of money.

Also, observe that nobody asked Smich "where is the rest of the bones and ashes". Isn't it reasonable to ask how they cleaned out the incinerator? Was it suppressed because of CN?

Sorry so jumping off my last post and back into reality I just had another thought that I hope the jury has too.

MS said when he originally avoided MM's questions about May 6th he did so to protect her and shield her (I can't remember his exact wording). So when he finally does answer her questions and MS tells MM that DM killed Tim and DM burned Tim, he is probably still lying to protect her by omitting his involvement. He admitted already that he had lied before and avoided questions to protect her so why should we or the jury assume he all of a sudden told the perfect, full truth when telling MM that DM did all of the bad things alone??

MOO.

I think at this point the only thing that would shock me is if one or both of these (use words here that get you banned) accused opened their mouth and confessed to everything. While I'm sure that's not going to happen, maybe the shocker about the letters is that DM himself told someone he was writing to CN despite the no contact order? Maybe bragging about it in jail to someone he thought he was impressing?
There was also the phone call were DM sang to CN. One of DM's great understandings of life is that "money buys you everything" even when you're behind bars. By giving MB POA over his affairs, his supporters like LW2, SS and everyone else willing to do DM favours were able to get paid. It's ironic that DM knows that money can buy him anything, yet he got his thrills from stealing and murdering, even though he had absolutely no reason to do so- he had figured out that all of this money kept him clear of being a suspect in his thieving missions. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse