Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be brave with you, and say, I still have some doubt as to MS and first degree. I thought maybe it was because I really only had Twitter to go by, and no in court time, but you were there quite a bit and still have doubts. I do respect the jury's verdict, and hope they got it right. While we all want justice for Tim, it needs to be the right people with the right sentences. I hope for the sake of all families involved that they got it right

That said, especially based on Dungeys comments, MS will definitely appeal. I think the grounds they will appeal on will be the "bad character" evidence that was allowed in for MS (drug dealing, tricky scales, rap lyrics) whe much similar evidence for Millard was not allowed. Correct me if i. Wrong, but I believe they have 90 days to appeal? An interesting few months coming up

Some doubt? Not anywhere near reasonable doubt. Sure, there were some things that I doubted as well. I also did not believe everything the crown put forward, but most of it made sense.

There was overwhelming evidence that both did this.

For MS, all the post murder behaviour points to his guilt. Most of his behaviour did not make sense with what he said on the witness stand. The MH "full of guns" comments followed by "2" from DM was obvious that everyone knew that guns were in the tool box.

The prior criminal convictions did not help the credibility of MS. He was a loser, no job, grade 10 drop out...it's hard to believe that he was saying that others witnesses were lying and not telling the truth.

The whole burying the gun and he can't remember where he buried it was a farce. Most likely that gun has something to do LB or perhaps other crimes that have not been figured out yet.

It was also clear that everyone in the DM/MS circle of friends were lying, lying, lying to police and only came clean near the trial. This to me means that more than likely everyone knew that they had guns and were maybe going to kill for the truck. I am sure they all knew guns brought on past missions.

I called 1st degree verdicts a long time ago. I never waivered or changed that stance. Back when I was a lot younger I would had more doubt etc etc. But these days I understand things a lot better.

It was an opinion on another poster. I think many of us have had 'testy' differences in opinion throughout this case. I know I have, and respect others opinions, and have learned to back off when it becomes very emotionally charged. Posting opinions is an art, and speculation complicates it with things like sarcasm and condescension not resulting in a "thanks", but a push back.

MOO

You've got it wrong love. It was a comment made by Andrew on CN's Instagram page. She deleted it and blocked him last night from posting on her photos.

Not sure if this is correct - but I doubt there is much of a publication ban for CN's trial. It is a judge only trial - so he's going to hear everything anyways, so a publication ban doesn't really do much. Of course for LB and WM trial - there will be one. I'll be curious to see how much other evidence for CN is out there.

You've got it wrong love. It was a comment made by Andrew on CN's Instagram page. She deleted it and blocked him last night from posting on her photos.

Thanks, I should have followed the thread back instead of making a Lax Sleuther assumption. :doh:

Still catching up from last night but I really wanted to mention that for those who had reasonable doubt about MS being guilty of 1st degree murder (and I was there for a long time), I think the struggle there is not knowing what we don't know. The thing is, there IS evidence in this case that is also connected to LB's case (as well as WM's case) but we couldn't hear about it or know about it. Neither could the jury, but I still believe they came to the right decision. I have a gut feeling that if Laura's trial would have been first and we heard all the damning evidence the Crown has against these two creeps (the Crown doesn't just go around tossing out 1st degree murder charges like candy canes at the Santa Claus parade - it has to be some pretty damning evidence they're protecting), there would have been no doubt at all once we heard the evidence in the trial for justice for Tim.

I'll guess part of the reason some folks were persuaded by MS testimony is because much of it did sound believable. But did it sound believable because it was the truth, or because he crafted it to fit the evidence already presented? I suspect it's probably a bit of both. If we weave just enough truth into a lie, the lie sounds more credible. I think that's what he did in an attempt to get a lesser verdict from the jury.

moo.

Very good points. Whatever it was that transpired that night I definatly believe that DM was the sick twisted mastermind and has zero empathy or remorse. Well I have zero empathy for him either ☺

I just want to say I appreciate your post and the tone you take although you disagree with some who have doubts on MS. Your post is a great example of respectfully disagreeing and contributing to a constructive conversation.

Very good points. Whatever it was that transpired that night I definatly believe that DM was the sick twisted mastermind and has zero empathy or remorse. Well I have zero empathy for him either ☺

I just want to say I appreciate your post and the tone you take although you disagree with some who have doubts on MS. Your post is a great example of respectfully disagreeing and contributing to a constructive conversation.

Yes DM was the obvious mastermind. MS was too dumb of a person.

Thanks, I should have followed the thread back instead of making a Lax Sleuther assumption. :doh:

It was hilarious. CN was kept a little busy deleting some well deserved comments from her instagram photos <sarcasm on> the poor little dear <sarcasm off>.

Very good points. Whatever it was that transpired that night I definatly believe that DM was the sick twisted mastermind and has zero empathy or remorse. Well I have zero empathy for him either &#9786;

I agree that DM was the mastermind behind this. If you look at all the evidence that came out about all their other "missions", those all seemed to be his ideas as well. There is a text convo where MS has some "mission" planned and really seemed desperate for DM to come check it out, but I suspect that was his way of trying to impress DM. I don't think any of the guys around DM would have done half the crap they did with him, if it weren't for him planning it in the first place. But as for MS, he was a different level of creep. I think DM saw that in him and the two of them fed off each other in a really twisted way.

Please don't interpret my comment as excusing MWJ in any way. Gun dealers are dangerous and should be off the streets. And I'm going to continue to follow his case including the AK-47 discharge.

It's just that he's not charged with murder nor was anyone in his crowd except Millard and Smich. It's weird that some people wanted to make him a bigger villain than the two guys convicted of first degree murder.

He was a trafficker of lethal weapons. He may not be facing murder charges. But who knows how many murders/shootings he may be indirectly linked to. He seems to have some expierience in "cleaning up a dirty girl"

Audrey with her shiny Camaro, Sonia with possible ties to LB, ..................... I'm waiting ........ not so patiently (because I'm getting older and I don't know if I'm still alive then) ........ :waiting:
LB had ties to Sonia? Where was this posted?

He gave them a description, including Millard’s “ambition” tattoo. Thanks to Millard’s previous charges of pot possession (from 2008) and driving while disqualified (2012), police services had that description on file. http://www.cbc.ca/interactives/longform/news/wayward-son-dellen-millard-tim-bosma-trial

Very interesting indeed!! So Walt Disney wasn't so Squeeky clean after all.

Two years later, they were both convicted of first-degree murder- think he means 3 years later.

Schlatman had made $80,000 worth of modifications to one of Millard’s Jeeps, even pimping out the air conditioning to make sure the vehicle was comfortable in the harsh desert sun.

This I pee my pants everytime I read this!! $80k in mods!! Then I think of how many of my buddies rigs were stolen and how many of their parts made it onto DM'S "race Jeep".

AND of course this, but now the story has changed?? Use to be a tree took out the ignition LOL

Just 25 kilometres into the grueling 800-kilometre race, he gutted the bottom of the Jeep on some harsh terrain and Schlatman couldn’t get them on their way again in time. Their race was over.

Well if DM had that ambition tattoo in 2008 when he was arrested for pot possession, I would suspect the rich boy got a reduced charge due to being a rich cat. Police usually ignore rich whites who smoke pot. I don't think people with ambition tattoos fiddle around with mere doobies. MOO

When DM was charged with killing his father, we heard that MWJ was charged with selling DM the gun used in that murder. We have never heard of him being charged with selling the gun in the TB murder, and I suspect it's because no gun was ever recovered.

IMO, it explains MS's reluctance to even attempt to tell the real story of what happened to the gun. When the crown pushed MS on their "gun dealer", MS tried to exclude MWJ from having anything to do with the gun by spinning MWJ as only the "drug dealer".

During CN's testimony she mentioned that her and DM would go over to MWJ's to chill and watch movies. I have a strong spidy tingle that MWJ plays a much larger involvement when it comes to CN's trial. It will be a key component in showing that she knew more.

MOO

Totally on board with this. Agreed in full. It will be a big reveal.

Some doubt? Not anywhere near reasonable doubt. Sure, there were some things that I doubted as well. I also did not believe everything the crown put forward, but most of it made sense.

There was overwhelming evidence that both did this.

For MS, all the post murder behaviour points to his guilt. Most of his behaviour did not make sense with what he said on the witness stand. The MH "full of guns" comments followed by "2" from DM was obvious that everyone knew that guns were in the tool box.

The prior criminal convictions did not help the credibility of MS. He was a loser, no job, grade 10 drop out...it's hard to believe that he was saying that others witnesses were lying and not telling the truth.

The whole burying the gun and he can't remember where he buried it was a farce. Most likely that gun has something to do LB or perhaps other crimes that have not been figured out yet.

It was also clear that everyone in the DM/MS circle of friends were lying, lying, lying to police and only came clean near the trial. This to me means that more than likely everyone knew that they had guns and were maybe going to kill for the truck. I am sure they all knew guns brought on past missions.

I called 1st degree verdicts a long time ago. I never waivered or changed that stance. Back when I was a lot younger I would had more doubt etc etc. But these days I understand things a lot better.

A lot of people called M1 long before it ever went to trial and even before they heard all the evidence.
It shows how people are in our society that innocent until proven guilty doesn't mean a whole lot.

I've been thinking more along the lines that MS was different then DMS other friends. AM and MH took on more productive lives it's seems and had more confidence so to speak. I'm not really sure how MS ended up the path in life he did. But I think he emotionally latched on to DM as a big brother or even father figure. He truly came to love him and wanted to please him. His true bro for life who had all this money and impressive toys. The mixture of these 2 was poison for sure.

Well if DM had that ambition tattoo in 2008 when he was arrested for pot possession, I would suspect the rich boy got a reduced charge due to being a rich cat. Police usually ignore rich whites who smoke pot. I don't think people with ambition tattoos fiddle around with mere doobies. MOO

It was surprising but not overly surprising to read that. Unless there was some sort of a publication ban on that, I don't recall anyone finding DM'S possession charge while sleuthing. I think there was some assumption that he got carded for a traffic infration (Hense the lost drivers license) but no actual criminal offences.

But then again, there are two cases that I've been trying to find the court stuff for (both settled cases and both have convictions) and can't find zip all. Maybe some stuff just never becomes available to the public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery