Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 9m9 minutes ago
The Bosma family gasps again. There's laughter in the courtroom. People are shaking and crying. #TimBosma #Bosma #HamOnt #sc

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 9m9 minutes ago
Millard's lawyer Ravin Pillay asks that the jury be polled. Smich's lawyer seconds the request. #Bosma

Adrian Humphreys ‏@AD_Humphreys 9m9 minutes ago
Bosma family gasps with tears, laughter, cheers. The saddest joy I've ever witnessed. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 9m9 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Millard and Smich's lawyers' asking for the jury to be polled. #TimBosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 9m9 minutes ago
Once again, Dellen Millard and Mark Smich both found guilty of First degree murder. Millard and Smich asking that jury be polled. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 9m9 minutes ago
Huge emotional outburst with decision. A major win for them... Without a happy ending.

Goodman says he's a "little surprised," and needs some time to get his comments together. We'll be back at 4:15 for sentencing.
by Adam Carter 3:18 PM

​Really? He is surprised??

I think surprised that no one will be entering victim impact statements and that the Crown is asking for sentencing to be done right away.....my take on it.....not necessarily surprised by the verdict....

Goodman says he's a "little surprised," and needs some time to get his comments together. We'll be back at 4:15 for sentencing.

That seems odd.

Even if he 'was' surprised (over what? MS?), it seems weird that he'd say it out loud.

Edit, ah, this makes more sense:

I think surprised that no one will be entering victim impact statements and that the Crown is asking for sentencing to be done right away.....my take on it.....not necessarily surprised by the verdict....

***CBC lawyer 'no point in victim impact statements. It may not be in their interest. Victim impact statements if made will be recorded for the parole board"

CBC Host: Justice Goodman seems upset, he will delay his ruling about sentencing until later this afternoon..Judge needs time to prepare his comments for sentencing this afternoon.

Again, to recap, both Dellen Millard and Mark Smich have been found guilty of first-degree muder of Tim Bosma.
by Adam Carter 3:19 PM

The Bosma family are crying and hugging each other. Sharlene just hugged Insp. Dave Hillman from the OPP. There is cheering and applause outside the courtroom as the family walked out.
by Adam Carter 3:20 PM

I don't like that at all - he is undermining the jury decision with that statement!

I wonder if CN will post a super deep and thought provoking photo on instagram in light of her lover's new fate.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 10m10 minutes ago
Court now polling the jury as requested by Millard's lawyer Ravin Pillay. #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 10m10 minutes ago
Ravin Pillay, Millard lawyer, and Thomas Dungey, Smich lawyer, are asking for jury to be polled. So 1 by 1 asked their verdict. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 10m10 minutes ago
Tears are running down Sharlene Bosma's face. #TimBosma #Bosma #HamOnt

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 10m10 minutes ago
Dellen Millard stands. One by one, the jurors are asked to stand and say whether they agree or disagree with the verdict. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 10m10 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
People in the body of the court are wiping away tears #TimBosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 10m10 minutes ago
Millard is scowling as he stands awaiting the poll. #TimBosma

The original plan would have been to return to their respective jails until the sentencing hearing at a later date.

With no VIS, Leitch wants them read now, as they are automatic. I think Goodman is surprised because he wasn't expecting to deliver the "life with no chance of parole for 25 years" official sentence today.

Justice has prevailed.... these two were found guilty of M1, even with all of the dis-allowed evidence, and witness testimony! Jury is obviously able to see what type of scumbags these two are, and they are finally getting what they deserve!

Now lets hope some charges come out for alot of the other scum caught up in this trial. I was/am hoping the others would get charged based on the outcome of this trial. Go get em LE!!!!!

sentencing will be dealt with by Judge Goodman..they will never be free...4;15 bye bye to Ms and Dm ...Cp24 announces it now...robynhood.

***CBC lawyer 'no point in victim impact statements. It may not be in their interest. Victim impact statements if made will be recorded for the parole board"

CBC Host: Justice Goodman seems upset, he will delay his ruling about sentencing until later this afternoon..Judge needs time to prepare his comments for sentencing this afternoon.

Maybe he just didn't expect to have to do the sentencing today.

I just don't get this. Why is Goodman upset??

The original plan would have been to return to their respective jails until the sentencing hearing at a later date.

With no VIS, Leitch wants them read now, as they are automatic. I think Goodman is surprised because he wasn't expecting to deliver the "life with no chance of parole for 25 years" official sentence today.

Ok that makes good sense then. Thank you for that perspective.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 11m11 minutes ago
Dellen Millard is standing and looking at the jurors. Jurors have to stand and say if they agree. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 11m11 minutes ago
Millard stands. Jury standing to agree w decision....

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 11m11 minutes ago
Millard now standing as the jurors say one by one they agree with the verdict. #TimBosma #Bosma #HamOnt

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 10m10 minutes ago
Millard again standing as jury is polled on his verdict. Jurors all seem very strong as they "agree" with the verdict. #Bosma #verdict

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 10m10 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Jurors are standing one by one saying "AGREE" to first degree murder for Dellen Millard. Millard stands and watches #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 11m11 minutes ago
(they all agree). #Bosma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members