Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't blame them for not wanting to give victim impact statements. Maybe they don't want to give these 2 any more satisfaction knowing they already took Tim from them.

I wonder if DM will still represent himself over LB. Because today should show him that even good lawyers can't always get you off.

The cheering is coming from people lined up outside the courtroom.
by Adam Carter 3:21 PM

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 11m11 minutes ago
The jurors seem very sure when they say they "agree" with the verdict. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 11m11 minutes ago
Millard no longer has any hint of a smile on his face. #TimBosma #Bosma #HamOnt

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 11m11 minutes ago
Jury now being polled on #Millard's verdict to be sure. He watches as they state unanimous agreement. Guilty of 1st degree murder. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 11m11 minutes ago
Millard looking at them. They are not looking at him. Each juror agrees with the verdict. #Bosma #verdict

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 11m11 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
None of the jurors look at the accused. They face the judge as they "agree" #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 11m11 minutes ago
Smich now stands. One by one, the jurors are asked the same question for him. #Bosma

I don't like that at all - he is undermining the jury decision with that statement!

No, I think he's just surprised to have to do the sentencing today. Usually it is much later. He's off to get his speech ready, although he could have been doing that during the five days of jury deliberations. I was in court once when the jury came back with a verdict that the judge didn't agree with, and the judge ripped up his speech and threw it all over the place. Decorum??

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 11m11 minutes ago
Smich now standing as the jurors again say one by one they agree with the verdict. #TimBosma #Bosma #HamOnt

Smich's turn. He's standing, facing the jury. One by one, again they stand "AGREE" with the charge of first degree murder #TimBosma

Now Smich standing for same process. He is looking at them. They are not looking at him. #Bosma #verdict

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 11m11 minutes ago
Smich standing to face jury. They are being polled. All agree in decision.

Again they all agree. #Bosma

Sharlene and her sister are holding onto each other. #TimBosma's sisters are in tears. A few #Bosmas are giving me smiles, thumbs up.

CBC live news - the Crown asked for the sentencing to be immediate, the judge said he will delay sentencing to work on his comments.

I don't like that at all - he is undermining the jury decision with that statement!

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews · 6m6 minutes ago
Crown requests DNA order and a no-contact order. Judge is surprised by lack of victim statements. He needs some time. Sentencing 4:15 #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP · 7m7 minutes ago
Crown asks DNA order and non communication order.Judge is surprised by sentencing immediately. Asking for a few minutes...

Think Adam could have worded it better......

I've never been this invested in a trial before, and I hope to never be again. I grew up in rural ancaster. Tim and I went to the same highschool, he was a grade ahead of me. Sharlene and Tim's home is very close to my childhood home, where my parents still live. The bus I took home from school from kindergarten to highschool went right past book & trinity.

I moved away when I got older, but my sister stayed and bought a home in the area, and is friends with Tim's sister. That's how I first learned about Tim's disappearance, my sister shared his sister's status update saying he was missing. My sister and her friends used to go to Tim and Sharlene's house to use his hot tub. This was all just too real for me.

This case upset me, it upset me a lot. I cried reading the twitter updates, and I also started shaking when a verdict was in. I felt confident in first degree, but scared regardless. I really needed to see justice done. My husband doesn't get why this case and the verdicts were such a big deal to me. I felt like my sister had more of a claim to be upset so I didn't want to bother her. I appreciate that I was able to find some like minded people to talk to leading up to the verdicts. So thanks for that, everyone.

I will probably follow the Christina Noudga trial because I hate that ***** and want her to rot in jail... but not at the same level and emotional investment as this one.

God, Smich must regret taking the stand. Potentially marks him as a rat, etc. All for nothing in the end. It must feel like a very personal rejection/failure. For now I don't share the 100% certainly that most of you have that this was the right verdict, but I definitely respect it and will assume the jury had a better sense of the evidence than I had and had made the best decision.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 11m11 minutes ago
Jury now being polled on #Smich's verdict. Again. Unanimous agreement. #Bosma

All jurors have agreed with verdicts. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 11m11 minutes ago
None of the jurors will looks at either accused as they agree with the verdict in the case of each accused. #TimBosma

Smich again shakes his head. #Bosma #verdict

Adrian Humphreys ‏@AD_Humphreys 12m12 minutes ago
When he hears "guilty," Millard, who stands in box closes his eyes tightly for a few seconds and then returns to emotionless state. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 11m11 minutes ago
Today is a HUGE win for Crown. A Huge relief for this wonderful family. I couldn't be more relieved for the,...

I hope we get to see actual footage of the accused being taken away to jail.

I think the judge was caught by surprise MORE by the lack of VIS than by the verdict. If there was a VIS they would convene at a later date and the judge could compose his speech. With no VIS he is supposed to come up with a speech immediately. I am also surprised there is no VIS but I dont blame SB for a second, its over she wants/needs to move on. JMO

Dellen Millard stands up.
Goodman tells him the jury has found him guilty of first-degree murder. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 12m12 minutes ago
Judge takes indictment. Millard is standing. Found guilty of first degree. Conviction endorsed. Same for Smich now. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 12m12 minutes ago
Same is done with Smich. #Bosma

Judge asks Millard to stand. No smile on his face now. #TimBosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 11m11 minutes ago
Justice Andrew Goodman says he is endorsing the conviction in the case of both Dellen Millard and Mark Smich. #TimBosma

Millard told by judge to stand as conviction is registered. Now Smich. #Bosma #verdict

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 12m12 minutes ago
Millard standing to face judge. Smich stands to face judge. Life in prison. parole eligibility 25 yrs.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 12m12 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Both Millard and Smich are stone faced #TImBosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 12m12 minutes ago
Justice Goodman tells Millard and Smich their "convictions shall be administered accordingly." #TimBosma #Bosma #HamOnt

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 12m12 minutes ago
Guilty on a first degree murder charge carries a mandatory life sentence. No chance of parole for 25 years. #MillardSmich

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 12m12 minutes ago
Goodman turns to jury now. Says this is the last time he'll speak to them in this case. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 12m12 minutes ago
Judge tells jury it is last time he will speak to them. Thanks them for their attention and consideration. #Bosma

Yes, just to clarify, Justice Goodman is not "upset" or "surprised" by the verdict. Leitch knows there were going to be no VIS, nothing to prepare, so he requested the sentencing today. Goodman is surprised by that, not the verdict.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews · 6m6 minutes ago
Crown requests DNA order and a no-contact order. Judge is surprised by lack of victim statements. He needs some time. Sentencing 4:15 #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP · 7m7 minutes ago
Crown asks DNA order and non communication order.Judge is surprised by sentencing immediately. Asking for a few minutes...

Think Adam could have worded it better......

This makes more sense :) happy that was clarified!!

I just don't get this. Why is Goodman upset??
I think Justice G wasn't expecting to go into sentencing today- but it's obvious he's up to the task. He just needs an hour to write his comments and I can just imagine what his comments are going to be. Justice has been done and neither of these heartless creatures will walk amongst us again. I'm glad DM has sufficient funds to keep his canteen account going for the next 25 years. Note to DM- money CANNOT BUY you EVERYTHING! MOO

I am soooo glad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I was so worried they would get less then first degree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29