Verdict: GUILTY!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so I guess we shall hear silence till 9;00..a half an hour....

Jmo...I hope they finally come back with a GULITY VERDICT od all charges...amen ..RIP Tori I am sure you are watching...I feel for tara and Rodney in that London court now ...IMO strongly!

Judge says, depending what they answer to this question, they could find #Rafferty guilty of just sexual assault, a lesser charge

Judge answered question: sex assault cause bodily harm means, use of force in sexual circumstances that hurts the victim

The judge has explained that they have the option of convicting on sexual assault, instead of sex assault causing bodily harm

What do they think caused poor Tori to pee blood???!!

Is that a good sign or are we desperate?

For some reason, I think the sex assault would be the last thing they would debate. The kidnapping and murder are tied together.

It was a tweet . A few pages back i believe. This is not what i quoted Edited here. I was quoting about jury can go passed 9.

Please do not speculate about other members and why they may or may not be posting.

Discussing other members is a violation of our Terms of Service and will not be tolerated.

Why aren't they going back to the evidence instead of mulling over what sexual assault means? She did not die from being raped but it does cause bodily harm when your 8!!! She would have died anyway from being kicked but the hammer just sped up the process, so what do these people think actually killed her?

Rafferty jury returns with more questions; asks about sexual assault charge
Friday, May 11, 2012 8:23 PM

Read it on Global News: National | Rafferty jury returns with more questions; asks about sex assault charge

Michael Rafferty jury returns with more questions; asks about sexual assault charge: @StevensGlobal rpts http://ow.ly/aRuPH #ToriStafford

After the guilty plea (think positive) there are victim impact statements. I think my statement would make reference to "after I found out about all the child *advertiser censored* stuff on your computer, and the sex choking, and the references to your g/f's children...", just to make the jury aware while they're still in the courtroom.

I feel the need to know their reactions when they find out, and I think that's the only way.
I don't even want to know their reactions to this news, as I can imagine what it would be- I could not imagine being in their place when this news breaks to them. I think them finding this out in front of everyone would be a slap in the face for them- almost cruel.

I disagree nt ... they know she was murdered which is obviously bodily harm, but not necessarily as a direct result of the sexual assault.

I think they're struggling with the who done it. I really do.

Hope I'm wrong and you're right!

Justice Heeney answers #Rafferty jurors by reading details of charge...Must prove force that affects sexual integrity of victim.

Do you think so?

the "what if" part was just as confusing as the judges answers :p Sometimes it takes a bit for it to kick in

After the guilty plea (think positive) there are victim impact statements. I think my statement would make reference to "after I found out about all the child *advertiser censored* stuff on your computer, and the sex choking, and the references to your g/f's children...", just to make the jury aware while they're still in the courtroom.

I feel the need to know their reactions when they find out, and I think that's the only way.

BBM - I wonder if that would even be allowed or can the victims speak freely and unedited?

What a strange dance. Everyone has to ask and answer questions without saying what they've really thinking.

Maybe if they could just speak pig Latin or use Morse code...

I love how trials are done in Arizona. I just learned this whilst following the Tammi Smith trial. The jurors can ask the witnesses questions if they need clarification. Who needs a Judge?

I don't even want to know their reactions to this news, as I can imagine what it would be- I could not imagine being in their place when this news breaks to them. I think them finding this out in front of everyone would be a slap in the face for them- almost cruel.

I suspect some of them will require extensive counselling as a result of PTSD.

Simply more victims to add to the long list :(

****...yes I saw tweet that the JURY can go passed 9;00 if the jury wants too!

What do they think caused poor Tori to pee blood???!!

Lacerated liver would cause one to pee blood... So too would vaginal penetration of a child, blood wouldn't come from urethra, unless torn but more from the torn vaginal tissues of a child.

BBM - I wonder if that would even be allowed or can the victims speak freely and unedited?

I'm pretty sure the victims get to speak freely, but Rodney was asked to tone his down at TLM's sentencing because MTR hadn't gone to trial yet.

CKNX news
The jury does have the option of a conviction of sexual assault instead of sexual assault causing bodily harm

If #Rafferty jurors find that any sex assault on #ToriStafford didn't cause bodily harm, try can still lay a regular sex assault conviction.

****...yes I saw tweet that the JURY can go passed 9;00 if the jury wants too!

BTW, to those who wondered if possibly Judge Heeney was miffed about being called back, I highly highly doubt that. They take their positions very seriously and realize that it is part of their jobs to ensure that the jurors understand every aspect of what they are deliberating.

There are good Judges and jerk Judges. I don't think Judge Heeney is a jerk. We all know this is a very complex trial (well, given all the jurors know at this time anyway), so he fully understands that and that's why he took the time out to write out his explanations for them. He knows jurors aren't used to the law and it is his job to make them understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange