VERDICT is IN!! #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if I'm not mistaken would today not mark the last day that Jodi Arias will be dressed in "street clothes"?.. my understanding is that now that she has been officially convicted she will from here on out be wearing her prison attire..is this correct?

Her street clothes? Hardly an improvement.

To me, she looked like a five year old with that "why didn't you believe me" look. It wasn't very emotional. I frankly expected a repeat of the sobbing behind the wall of hair.

Flat affect to me tried to show emotion.

This is probably just my imagination, but when juror 7 answered "yes", he even sounded like Paul Rudd. :) It was fun looking at the juror list PASA gave us while they were answering, to relate the voice to the description.

Good night all . I am exhausted now but very happy. See you tomorrow

ops 7 both premed and felony...0 felony murder alone..This is a jury that is convinced JA thought this out and killed

Already posted, but need to let things out.

My emotions are overwhelmed. I have a splitting headache, my stomach is in knots and the tears just want to keep coming and coming.

Imagine what Travis's family and friends are feeling. For five long years now, they have been waiting for Jodi Arias to be held accountable. During that time, their full grief has been suspended. Once the next phase of proceeding have finished, the real impact of the loss of their brother and friend will hit, and it will hit very, very hard.

Bless this family and may they continue to receive the love and support to deal with such a horrific loss.

Travis, please smile down on your brothers and sisters. Whisper in their ears words of comfort and inspiration. Tell them a joke or two. Remind them how much you treasured life and aspiring to be all one could be.

Hugs. Big sigh. Hugs.

Above made me cry.... again. Please, people, keep praying for the Alexander family. They have a lot of grieving still to go through. I hope tonight they are able to have the best night of sleep that they have had in the past five years.
I hope they can be together and love each other and feel the love and prayers of supporters.

Thank you to a jury who got it right! And thank you to Juan and Detective Flores! Their dedication was phenomenal.

Juan is calling Dr Horn, the state's only aggravation witness, to testify tomorrow. He will take up most of the afternoon testifying, according to CNN.

This addresses the cruelty of the murder.

Oh, Lordy! I hope he reviews the autopsy report carefully! He better be good tomorrow!

I think there is a misunderstanding. If the jury doesn't agree on death, then the judge will decide between LWOP or life with eligibility for parole after 25 years. Absolutely no guarantee she would be granted parole, only eligible. With all 12 finding for first degree premeditated and the brutality of the crime, I can't imagine the Judge sentencing her to less than LWOP. IMO.

she will not receive any leniency. no way in hell. there's not one redeeming thing about her. she's cold, she's cruel and she's dangerous. LWOP, no doubt about it----if not the DP.

Um...it was a "nick." And it "stung."~Jodi Arias to Juan Martinez :floorlaugh:

I thought you'd want the correct "verbiage." I didn't want to de-edify your post.

lol
Thanks Liebchenmutti !!
After all these months of trial ... I had the gist of it - but not quite correct words, but you nailed the correct "verbiage".
Thank you for all your great posts during this trying trial. :)

Great group here @ WS !!

Why have we seen no video or pics of Nurmi or have I missed them? JW looked numb.

Thank you.

If she receives LWOP is it possible that she would serve only 25 years - someone posted that Travis Alexander's murderer may only serve 25 years, and, my heart has gone back into stomach.

Is it up to Judge Stephens to give the sentence DP or LWOP?

Why would she only serve 25 years if it's lwop. the w.o.p. without parole.

LOL, ya I know that's obvious to everyone. Just had to type it out. :floorlaugh:

Any idea what JM does tomorrow during the proceeding? Does he put anyone on the stand?

I don't think so. I think he's made his case for aggravating circumstances already. He may show the photos again; he may feel he does not need to. But they've found her guilty on the merits of his argument, so aggravation is really inclusive in my view. We'll see!

Just got home from work. Kept checking the site, lots of overload, but I read the first post from Scarlett (somebody needs to send her a WS mug lol) that verdict was in.

On pins and needles until verdict time, no live feed cause everything kept shutting down, made boss man change the channel and I saw it live. Just tremendous relief.

Then, I get home and come here and read all the posts waiting for verdict and then getting the verdict. That's when I had chills up and down my body and I broke down crying.

Thank you all with all my heart!!

I'm not delighted, not at all.

I believe justice has been done, but the tone of the celebrations and some of the comments made really make me cringe. JA has earned a hatred that far outweighs her actual crime.

JA has only done what thousands of men do every year, (ie assault and kill their lover) yet some of the comments in here make her sound like a mass murderer, child torturer, or serial killer. She is none of these things.

This crime doesn't fall into the "extreme" category - there was a single adult victim, a clear motive, and JA was and is no threat to anyone but TA, who treated her extremely poorly. TA is being canonised as a saint and he wasn't. He was a hypocritical, conflicted and careless young man, which is being totally overlooked in the irrational jubilation and desire for vengeance this case has attracted.

Nobody likes being lied to, but the hatred directed to JA stinks of spite and jealousy. A crime orchestrated by a pretty young blonde seems to offend folks so much more than one perpetrated by an ugly old man.

:twocents:
By tainting Travis' reputation with her completely unproven pedophilia claims, she deserves everything she's got coming to her. I don't believe anyone has canonized Travis; they are just reacting to the utter lies the defendant told about him in her desperate attempt to escape punishment for her crime. People's harsh opinions of her are the least of her problems now. This is all Jodi's fault and it has nothing to do with her hair colour or that some (not me) consider her 'attractive'.

I do think Arias asks "which one is the foreman" as the jury is entering.

Arias says something else to Wilmott after the verdict has been read - Arias says it when the jury is exiting.

Does anyone know what Arias says as the jury is exiting?

F that jury?

Someone better tell NG 'cause she's reporting 9am local (Arizona) time.

That is what time she wants us to tune in to her network... Four hours early, of which 3.5 hours will be spent shilling Sundowners and TVM lawsuits. :floorlaugh:

Will Jodi be wearing prison strips tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members