Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right! :lol:

I'd like to hear the conversation that lead up to the decision to mosey on over to the Grand Canyon while there was a little down time in the action while waiting for sissy's/DD's possible DP verdict to be reached. :notgood:

Unbelievable!

It's about a 4 hour trip from Mesa to the Grand Canyon. Allowing for time to see some of the viewing sites and driving back, you're looking at a 10 or 12 hour day. But, where does this story of them going to the Canyon originate?

Mrs. Arias is saying they were right there in Mesa but skipped it because they were told it was another jury question. Court was held up waiting for the Arias family for at least an hour. And if they had access to a TV they surely heard the build up of the drama from the time it was originally said that the court reporter had been called back to the court room to the, "We may have a verdict!" reports. You'd think they would have busted their collective hiney to get there if they really were in Mesa. :twocents:

I wanted to state an opinion---Although I am pretty angry at the jury---the difference between the Death Penalty and Life (as long as she gets no parole) makes little difference. There is a HUGE difference between jail where she is currently at, and prison. In prison they will not care who she is---and in general population the chances of getting beat, robbed, raped are high. Of course it might take a few years to get to general population. On death row she would be isolated away from people 23-hours a day and will still live on average 12-years based on appeals. It's more of an "isolation" sentence---neither one is going to be fun for her. The borderline side of her will get her into fights in general population, some which may turn out bad. The narcissist side of her would cringe at isolation for 23-hours a day with little interaction. At least with Death Penalty cases—some are knocked down to life with no parole—and at least she can't get out with the Death Penalty.

Also, she has no chance of doing what she claims she wants to do other than Locks for Love. Prison will not let her have a book club or anything else---that was for show. She can have books in her cell. In fact, she mentioned a lot of things ---and that was because she was hoping for something to stick with any one juror—like helping the hearing impaired—she can’t do that either, that was a manipulative ploy targeted to a particular juror and I’m sure she knows the background of the Jurors. A few years in prison if she can show she behaves (doubtful)— might get a 50-cent an hour job helping people get their GED at best. Oh and those non-profits? Actually they were saying any money she made was going to her family and to Long Beach domestic violence and Laviolette? WOW—if true. Oh, and the prison already has a recycling program--lol

If she gets Life, the key thing to watch for at sentencing is with or without parole. If she gets 25-life with parole--THAT would be the injustice. She should get no parole and never walk the streets. Also I think Wilmott hurt her, not helped her--she was blasting the family while Arias wanted to be saved because of the family.

In fact, Wilmott was horrible in my opinion---whiny, agitated, and kept bringing up domestic violence. The Verdict was already guilty, so try to find some compassion from the jury and don’t insult their intelligence. Even if she eventually gets life---it won’t be because of Wilmott, and eight of the 12 still voted for Death. Although a ‘death qualified’ jury either couldn’t pull the trigger based on personal views (a lot of people say they can vote death until they get there) or there was a mitigating factor they bought. However, the evidence for death was overwhelming---and there was nothing mitigating except perhaps she is --crazy ---and she is young, pretty and FEMALE. Let’s say it now—the biggest loser with this verdict is women. Again----just like the old adage, ‘women and children first’ women are still not seen as accountable—like children. This goes for a lot of cases around the country—Casey Anthony or Winkler the Pastors wife and many more. If this was ‘Joey’ Arias and he had a beard and did the same thing—the decision would have been easy. Women continue to be unequal to men, and if you can’t be held accountable in the court room, no one is really going to see you as equal in the board room even though you may be there.

What's also sad is that Arias said that the Jury betrayed her before this sentencing non-verdict, and she sat on TV doing interviews calling reporters haters and still trashing Travis with make-up and no glasses. She also demanded make-up for this interview spree she went on. It’s the manipulative Jodi Arias Show and that is the sad part. Arias is really silly---perhaps she could have gotten LIFE if she had stayed away from the 'survivor' domestic violence t-shirts, and that Womack was threatened (big lie)----but she made the jurors decision harder to keep her alive, not easier. Two huge mistakes for Arias-- and why eight voted for death. She thinks she is smart but can’t resist getting digs in that hurt her---wonder if Einstein did that as well?

As far as Travis’s family—my heart breaks for them. None of them live in Arizona so they have to commute or live in a suitcase. This has taken a toll on them physically and emotionally. And this Jury failed them—oh sure—it voted for premeditated one and cruelty—I give them credit for that and for doing their civic duty for several months when many people try to avoid jury duty. However---the evidence was overwhelming for Death and sometimes you have to realize that if you give her death---she lives at least 12-years and likely it would have been reversed to Life without parole. To me if you sign a form and say you can carry out death by following the law—then you have to do it, that what makes you “death qualified’ and at least it gives the family some satisfaction and ends this phase so they can start their lives again. How convenient that the Jury is going home now for the Memorial weekend for grilling, barbecuing, potato salad and beans—and that Travis’s family, who has lost their Grandparents, their parents, their health, and one of the most beloved citizens that has walked this planet, can’t have a little peace on Memorial day for Travis. To me-- there were eight courageous people on that jury and four cowards. For these two women jurors to cry and mouth the words “We’re sorry,” is insufficient. I hope to God these were women that voted for the Death Penalty---otherwise that is insulting as well and inexcusable. If there ever was a poster child for the death penalty after all the stalking, harassing, lying, false accusations of abuse and pedophilia---and one the most horrific and vicious murders in American History—it is Jodi Arias----and whether she is cute or female or pretty shouldn’t matter----and that’s why I say-- the Justice System failed again, at least for now.

Speaking of the failed Arizona justice system, in some states an 8-4 death vote would put you on death row, in some states, a 8-4 death vote because it’s not unanimous---would automatically give you Life. Arizona gives you a redo with new jurors and a lot more tax payer money needed. It’s kind of stupid really. I think a two-thirds vote either way gives you Life or Death—that way it takes the pressure off each individual juror and their personal beliefs. Or how about 9-3 or 10-2? Do we need all 12 jurors voting the same way in the sentencing phase? We didn’t need that in the verdict phase where it could be Felony murder, Premeditation murder or both.

Anyway, to Travis’s family and his supporters— keep this in perspective---Jodi is guilty of premeditated murder with cruelty. She will spend a Long time in prison or get the Death Penalty. The goal is to maintain the course and remember perseverance along the path with this bump in the road. Travis would be looking down right now and saying---“The difference between a Stumbling Block and Stepping Stone is the Character of the individual walking the path. To me this is a lesson learned that any of us no matter what lot we have been given in life, can, like the Phoenix rise from out of the ash and accomplish absolutely anything that we choose to.” (Travis Alexander). ---So today, although we may feel we are in the ashes, in July---we will rise.

Update: This morning I am watching a juror say they had a hard time wrapping their heads around the fact a woman did this (good grief just as I expected) and that they believe she was mentally and verbally abused and although they shouldn’t have considered it, it was there. What?

Maybe they should remember Travis was STALKED and trying to get AWAY from her. Travis said, “You have denied me the basic right of human privacy countless times.” Of course he was getting upset and ticked off. Who wouldn’t? And as far her mental status, she was two scoops of crazy before she even met Travis, and even her own mother knew she was mentally off. Like I said, there were eight heroes and four <modsnip>. I haven’t changed my mind.

Thank you. Well articulated IMO. :goodpost:

Isn't that enough for a jury nullification...or can't that be done during a penalty phase?
Just thinking...can't remember a trial where that actually even happened. So nevermind. lol

I believe those jurors who expressed those opinions ("thought it was unfair that 12 average Americans who aren't lawyers had to make such a crucial decision.") should have been reported to the judge, removed and replaced on the spot with the new jury starting their deliberations from scratch in the penalty phase with the new group.

BUT ... it's too late to do anything about it now, after the fact and after the jury has been excused and exposed to the media with info about the true JA.

$$$$$$ That was an expensive failure! AZ get ready to fork over more money.

What a terrible, painful (for the Alexanders) and expensive shame!

You are right; however, that is only because he is pulled out of his culture and judged by the standards of the mainstream American culture. That is a problem because Mormonism is deemed to be one of only two genuine subcultures in the country. Mormonism and the Amish.

Travis Alexander, like all Mormon boys, grow up being interviewed about their sexuality by their bishops and other leaders from the age of 12 onward. They learn to lie because if they admit to masturbating when they are twelve, they will not be allowed to pass the bread and water at the next Sunday's meeting and everyone will know they have done something really bad--and everyone knows what it is if it's a 12 year old boy.

My point is that lying about sexual behavior is pretty much standard in the LDS world, just as it would be in any other venue. If you are publicly humiliated for masturbating, you would have to be an idiot to keep admitting it. Missionaries, if admitting to masturbating, are sent home or given extreme punishment. The Mormon church is serious about chastity, all right, but it has an unintended consequence.

Everybody gets used to lying and that spills over so you see a person like Travis who has character in other areas of his life and is not honorable and truthful in his sex life. Young people find a way to enjoy each others' bodies and Mormons are no exception. When I was at BYU they had "veil parties" where the college kids would lower the lights and the women would walk through the dimly lighted room wearing only veils and the guys would have to guess who it was. These are the same girls who were required by BYU standards to never even wear a sleeveless blouse and who always dressed modestly.

It is human nature to feel like your sexuality is nobody's business but your own.

I am telling you all of this not to bash anybody's faith or religion, but to have a genuine discussion to understand that Travis Alexander's behavior was that of a ladies' man, but he wasn't that bad compared with other Mormon men in his age group. He kept trying to get away from her but when she was there with all her charms, he was weak. We all know that once you have had good sex with somebody, it's hard not to want it again when you are near them. Jodi knew this and used it to her advantage, trying to blackmail him. When he could not be blackmailed, IMO, that's when she went to plan B--the plan to kill him to shut him up permanently.

And she succeeded. He's dead and she's famous. Nobody knows what the horrible thing she did that he was going to expose because it is eclipsed by the horrible thing she did when she killed him.

It infuriates me that Travis' texts are held against him when there are multiple phone calls, the content of which we cannot know. That her behavior that sparked his mean comments cannot be exposed because he was kind enough not to call the police?

I agree that he comes off as not likable. I think he was not only likable, he was loved by everyone who knew him and his sexual lies should be viewed as having been learned behavior which is common in his peer group.

His biggest failing is that he wouldn't give up on Jodi Arias. When everyone else saw her for a manipulative, vindictive Beeyotch, he still saw good in her. She milked that for every last drop, then when the good will was gone, (I believe) she rolled him and left town.

He threatened to end her milk and honey days being the Hottie Biscotti of Prepaid Legal, which was her only connection to the Next Man. If you look at her life, this tick jumped from man to man, roommate to roommate, and that's how she rolled. Prepaid Legal was a bonanza for her parasitic lifestyle and Travis had no right to take it from her.

The foreman has limited information and is under the delusion that he has MORE information than the public. He is obviously driven by ego and a feeling of power, becoming the benevolent fatherly figure who, from day one, could not even believe this young "girl" could do such a gruesome thing...why then she must a had a good reason...

Too bad the jurors didn't put him up for perjury during jury selection.

:goodpost: Thanks for this insightful post, anagrammy!
(BBM)

When I heard Samantha say during her VI statement that Travis would always strive to see the best in people, I remember thinking to myself "That was his ultimate downfall... how ironic and sad..." :(

I posted earlier that my daughter is BPD. She is 35 and will never admit she has a problem! I think that is one of the problems with BP. Everyone else is at fault and if someone points out theirs you get on their &%+$ list! She won't attend to her mental health problems because she doesn't think she has any. JA is exactly the same. Put the blame on everyone but herself. She will most likely get LWOP and will never come to the realization that she brought it on herself!

Exactly! It stuck with me that she was careful to see she had NOT spoken to any therapists in jail (correcting Juan on that point). In my experience with borderlines they are blind to their own faults and especially resent anyone saying they need psych help.

The more I hear from Mr. Foreman, the more I think his MMPI results would show an above normal spike or two.

ITA. I've seen the warp speed interviews he's done and something realllllly doesn't feel right here. He comes across as a bad apple with a CLEAR agenda. That last comment about wanting to "reach out" to the murderer is just bizarre. Needing to find a reason "why" a murderer murders was just as bizarre.

Just so they don't get lost though, I do want to give a shout out to the Great 8 who stuck to their guns and didn't budge. We have to remember that they were TWICE the others. It's the worst being hung I know, but they did everything they could.

If the jury had come back unanimous Life, and JSS had sentenced Jodi LWOP would people have been angry, or do you think they would have accepted their decision a lot easier?

I think people would have accepted their decision easier. At least they made a decision. My heart has been heavy since hearing the jury was hung. I feel so much for Travis and his family. Watching JA's jail interviews, and now hearing what the foreman had to say makes the hung jury even harder to accept. moo

I appreciate your dissection of the GMA interview Midwest Mama, but I sincerely disagree.

This was a huge issue on the boards when I was on earlier today. He is NOT (IMO) saying he didn&#8217;t believe she did it due to her size, etc. He is saying ON FIRST IMPRESSION he was surprised by her size and the brutality of the crime. Clearly he was eventually shown she did do it as he voted guilty for M1.
BBM. No that isnt what he is saying, imo. I really think he is saying what he means-

BILL: Yeah, that&#8217;s true. I mean, when I walk in the courtroom the first time, and looked at who the defendant was. You know it&#8217;s hard to put that into perspective when you look at a young woman and think of the crime and then you see the brutality of the crime. It just doesn&#8217;t wash. So it&#8217;s very difficult to (stammering, thinking of word) divest yourself from the personal, from the emotional part of it.

I also believe that he made it clear that he identified with Jodi and not with Travis. He states Jodi was not a good witness, but he is careful to qualify it first with his take on an aggressive prosecutor and indicating he wouldnt want to have been facing him.

In the subsequent interview with him he made a statement I found astonishing:
"This is a human and she did something terrible but why did she do it."

He is victim blaming. No question. He believes Jodi was mentally and verbally abused.

Link Here to NBC affiliate

My heart breaks for the Alexander family. I can't imagine their continued pain to carry justice through for Travis. What bothers me most, in reflection of what happened yesterday, is that anything other than instant death is too much for Jodi Arias. She is a sociopath, a reptile, a chameleon. She is already morphing into "cement block" gray from her stint in jail. I don't think she will suffer much, even on death row. She will use her primal sexuality to lure prey (male/female) to gain privileges no matter where she is. If she has a pad and a crayon she will always believe that she in company of the great artists (Van Gough, ect). If she has a book, she will be Einstein's protégé.

Anything will be too good for her. She will be just fine no matter where she goes. She has proven that. She is not afraid of anyone. An angry female inmate not liking the pretty new girl on the block? Not a problem. JA( fem-bot dripping with confidence and sexuality--tiny boned with a delicate voice--trying to be everyone's best friend), dragged all 189 lbs of Travis Alexander from one end of his bathroom to the other. She stabbed him at LEAST 27 times, slit his throat to his spine and shot him in the head in about two minutes. Is she really going to turn into a shaking Chihuahua in prison?

Maybe I've seen too many shows with prisoners passing notes and "favors", prison guards that breach the oath of their position--or maybe I've had too many hours of HLN and Jodi Arias.

I am always reluctant to post as I value this forum and every and all opinions shared here so much. My emotions are raw and I can't get over the pain the Alexander family continues to bear.

I have no problems with the juror speaking out.

No matter what kind of trial, it is a gamble with what the jurors really are thinking, either when chosen or during the coarse of the trial. That's the name of the game.

I do want to ask, is this the same juror that was tweeted or talked about yesterday that immediately went home to post on facebook? That bugs me, makes me think some were keeping up with social media all along. Still, nothing anyone can do about it. It is what it is.

Can I just say that I wish the person who read the verdict had looked at the paper first and read it through in their mind before stumbling over it and making everyone think there was an actual verdict! :scared:

Sorry, I just had to get that out. :blushing:

IDK, stating that you are capable of voting for the DP isn't the same a saying you WILL vote for the DP. I asked about this last night, because so many people were upset and saying the jurors who wouldn't go DP were liars.

Saying you COULD vote DP is not making a promise that you WILL.

I just refuse to bash these jurors, because I haven't had to walk in their shoes these last 5 months. They were called to serve and they did so. Just because some didn't vote the way some of us had hoped doesn't make them shady or crooked.

Enough, please. :(
Very well said.

It's the Power of Demonic Coochie.... Here is a post from way back in March: stah Sleuth*Registered User*Join Date: Apr 2009Posts: 445. So, I just caught up with the trial today. I started 6 days ago and would like to share my thoughts. It's 1 something in the morning and I'm typing on my phone. Please forgive spelling and grammar cuz it aint that serious c or me at this time. I intend to be brutally honest with my opinion. First...will somebody please allow Travis sister...the thin lady who sits with her husband I think....somebody just let her kick Jodis azz? That woman is about to bust if she doesnt get a piece of Jodi. All day everyday she has this expression on her countenance like she just wants to beat the dog crap out of her. Okay...now that that is out of the way....Jodi is a psychopathic demonic freak who is projecting her hyper freakiness onto Travis and smearing his name. I believe demons entered her when she was messing with that gay vampire dude. Furthermore. ..don't expect Jodi to get the death penalty and she may also be acquitted which wouldnt surprise me one bit. Pretty white women never get put to death and after broadcasting her coochie...fake *advertiser censored* and phone sex fecordings...she is just somebody that men will want to keep alive. You dont kill demonic freaky women...you keep that ALIVE! If jodi was an ugly white woman...do you really think they would have shown her coochie on the big screen in the courtroom like that? Do you think anybody would be willing to listen to her moan, groan and masturbate? What man wants to generate the image of a wad shot on an ugly face? It's a mans world, yall. Speaking of men...Travis. Welp, he wasnt an angel in this. He certainly was a nice enough guy that didnt deserve to be slaughtered like a pig...that's for sure. But he had a problem which the majority of men struggle with and that is their 2 heads. Mothers please start early with your sons and teach them how to think with the head that has the brains. Travis was an elder in the church and he knew better. He was a hypocrite like the majority of folks with positions in church and I wish he would have taken his faith more seriously instead of screwing around with the devil. Jodi is a modern day Jezebell. The purpose of that spirit is to steal, kill, and destroy. Sex is her most powerful tool. Did somebody say that the majority of the jurors are men? Ut oh...there is something about Jodi. She has that wicked thing going on with her and she is realling some of those make jurors into her web right in front of our eyes and the majority of people watching the trial dont see it and the male jurors dont know what shes doing. Those who know how that spirit operates can see what she is throwing off at them. Her pheromones are hyper potent and she knows it. A wicked woman like that needs to die...any head with a brain knows this but the brainless head shall win out. She is WICKED. Plunge a cross in her black heart and then burn her at the stake. Evil should never be allowed to even breath. But Jodi will live and manipulate all kinds of men whether she is in prison or is set free. Horny brain dead men are gonna do what they do and I really dont have to worry about Jodi. I have one head with brains...im not into women and I dont live in the same state of that known demon. She has strong seductive powers and I thank God that I am not a man. Rest in peace Travis but Jodi s coochie just may cheat you out of justice.

Crude, but perhaps prophetic.

Hey WS Friends,
I just wanted to say this in case some of you decide not to stick around for the do-over in July.
Thanks so much for being there to go through this experience with me! I appreciate your words of wisdom, your experiences and your jokes! You're an amazing bunch!
:seeya:

Which begs the question how many of you are planning on staying for round number two???

Like this post if you're staying for round two??

Btw providing my workload still allows it I will be here!!!

Do you think the retrying of the Penalty Phase will be televised?

If not, CMja would be THWARTED. She actually said she had her attorneys fight against allowing cameras in the courtroom.

:floorlaugh:

I know many have said they won't, but I'll be watching the Trayvon Martin case. Wasn't sure that I could take it, but based on the information I've read about it so far- plus my :loveyou: for Bernie De La Rionda, I have to be there.

Andrea Sneiderman after that.

Oddly enough, I don't think I can watch a second penalty phase in this current case. Seeing this convicted murderer on a regular basis has awakened a scary violent streak in me. What's happened since January has pushed me to near uncontrollable rage, which is something I can't allow to continue. I'll continue to pray every single day for the Alexander family and justice, but I have to be aware of how negatively it has impacted me and how it will continue to do so if I allow it.

Hi all. Took a 24-hour vacation from JA case to clear my head. But, just can't stay away from WS any longer

Will cameras be in court for Andrea Sneiderman case and Trayvon Martin case? THANKS!

I totally agree with you! She's nothing like the other inmates.
Her Mary Poppins facade is never gonna fly. It's gonna end really ugly for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That facade is just for us, "marks." Still, she's an idiot and will get an education in prison sho 'nuff.

That told me that he just didn't get it. People like JA will never tell you what really happened. Does he really think he could just sit down and say "Now you can tell me the truth" and she will spill it? Does he really think he could ever get an honest answer out of her? He is acting like she is a normal person with a conscious who is capable of taking responsibility of her actions. Talking to her is a waste of time. There is no getting answers from her. Flores is about the best I have ever seen and he couldn't get the truth from her. He thinks he can?

This must be some kind of syndrome.

After the Robert Durst trial, a couple of jurors started visiting him in jail. They acquitted him but he was locked up on other charges.

And remember strawberry shortcake wrote letters back and forth with Scott Peterson for awhile. She finally figured out he wasn't going to tell her jack crap.

Now this guy.

I think people would have accepted their decision easier. At least they made a decision. My heart has been heavy since hearing the jury was hung. I feel so much for Travis and his family. Watching JA's jail interviews, and now hearing what the foreman had to say makes the hung jury even harder to accept. moo

I'm thankful and appreciative.
Thanks to them she will die behind bars. Either way she's never getting out ( mark my words) only question is will she know the date she dies or not. That's it.

I am thankful.

I do think the foreman is a pompous twit and I would have been his worst nightmare if I were on that jury for the last phase. I would have sent a note to the judge. Investigating Motive pffft and not deliberating... Sharing their opinions in Kumbaya style WTH is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reuters: "The Arizona Republic newspaper reported that eight jurors had voted for the death penalty, four for life - a detail Reuters was unable to verify. Zervakos simply called the deliberations inside the jury room "gut-wrenching."

Wow. For Mr. Foreman's sake, I hope he wasn't the lone holdout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB