Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow. she is going to be a police officer....while she is in absolute support of her sister. mmmmkay.

ETA....OT...I love when people keep their facebook pages open :D

Lets see if she passes the required psych exam to become LE. From what little I've seen of her, I'm guessing she may not pass.

This "girl" ? WTF!!

Crucified would have been better. Just saying.

Does he know how long of a drive it is to Mesa with premeditated killing on your mind?

“What she did was horrible, there’s no question about it, but this is a human being. Our jury’s prudence system is based on innocent until proven guilty. And this girl was crucified in the court of public opinion. We didn’t know that of course until after the fact."

Jodi Arias Jury Foreman Speaks Out — ‘This Girl Was Crucified In The Court Of Public Opinion’
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/05/jodi-arias-jury-foreman-interview-video/

Ya know, when JVM mentioned last night that Jodi used her feminine 'wiles' to influence men on the jury I thought it was a crock of you-know-what. Now I'm thinking that maybe JVM is correct, and this foreman could not see beyond her face to the evil inside her. I think it's sickening.:stormingmad:

CLEARLY, this is the juror CMja and JW were fixated on for so long. Remember when we were all wondering who they were pointing and smiling at when the jury walked in and out?

BINGO. He's the one.

OMG am I really hearing this guy for real? I feel sick.. Now I know why I ask my hubs what's wrong with people.

I haven't seen a single interview and I'm going to keep it that way. I endured the trial, that's enough torture for me.

I' m sorry but one of the jurors who voted for the DP really should say something. I don't care if they agreed to let this man speak for them. If he keeps this up, it's only going to make the family's pain that much worse. i'd feel compelled to say something if I were one of them.

just my opinion, but i have a sneaky feeling that there was no agreement for him to be talking for the jury, he just decided for himself to do so, and now i am wondering if he is doing this to get in front of something?? i wonder if there are going to be any juror complains about him bullying or refusing to deliberate??

Mr William Zervakos, seems like you are digging the spotlight something fierce. So were you too emotionally exhausted to finish the job? Is that what you were ultimately saying?

I feel like you failed too, fwiw. I feel like you didnt finish this job and you owed Travis a completed trial. With a verdict of some kind during the penalty phase. I really do.

I wish people would give them a break. They had no idea their not unanimous vote meant the end of the process. Heck it sounds like they were confused as to whether or not they had actually reached a verdict. Blame Arizona for making it confusing. That was the only deliberation phase that listed not unanimous on the verdict form. Beth Karas even said that was the first time she had seen that.

I think people are just upset the jury didn't vote for the sentence they thought they should have and want to lash out and blame someone.

i do too - and i am wondering if he was a "lone wolf" because of the foreman trying to push his views to hard???? and he didn't agree??

That's what I thought when I heard he stalked by the media. It was a charged environment. If I had been appalled by the other jurors decision to deadlock, I think I would have been fine to hold my head high, get away from the experience as soon as possible and live with the knowledge that I did the right thing as well.

I think he was making a point that he wanted no parts of being associated that decision.:moo:

The foreman should stop talking...

He is going to regret these interviews...

I' m sorry but one of the jurors who voted for the DP really should say something. I don't care if they agreed to let this man speak for them. If he keeps this up, it's only going to make the family's pain that much worse. i'd feel compelled to say something if I were one of them.

I agree as long as he keeps using words like 'we'...he seems to be speaking for all of the jury. It will be really interesting in the next few days if any other members of the jury speak out. For all we know maybe they all agree with what he is saying, maybe none agree, maybe just a few do ..or maybe some are intimidated by him. Hopefully we will hear from other members. It is upsetting how the foreman hasn't said anything about the victim here....isn't this a search for the truth and a search for justice?

The more he talks, the more I think he should not have been jury foreman and should not have been on this jury. His thinking doesn't make sense to me. Presumed innocent...she admitted it and you convicted her of first degree murder. He states she is a "human being" - did he forget she heinously killed another human being - a man is dead here and what's left of his legacy has been tarnished by a liar and his murderer. You already found her guilty, decided the murder was especially cruel...you just needed to agree on a sentence. What he is talking about now seems as if he doesn't agree with the verdict they rendered in the first two incidents...I'm so confused...I wish some jurors if they felt the same as me- confused- would have sent the judge a note like the jurors in Scott Peterson trial. Maybe his "ideas" would have come out during deliberations and the judge could have replaced him with an alternate.

I'm basing my opinion on the sound bites released by the media...hopefully there is more to his interview that makes more sense...bc right now he sounds a little off. He actually wants to talk to her....:banghead:

I honestly think the guy did not understand the jury instructions that their job was to try to come up with a unanoumous verdict (if they could). He made a statement about "everyone had to decide for themselves".
NO!!!, they did not. They needed to work together to see if they could all agree. Remember how quick that question to the judge went about if they all had different opinions. I dont think this guy realized they needed to try to work together at all!!!

Also, this part below from someone else:

"He didn't expect it be a mistrial if the jury couldn't agree on a penalty? (!? You thought she would get life, like you wanted? You didn't know the process your decision would cause? MOO)"

WTH? Ask the judge for goodness sakes if you dont know how things are supposed to go and what would happen.

Oh my goodness. This is bad. Real Bad. No wonder they gave up too early.

All I can say is wow. This has all been very discouraging.

im sorry, this probably wont be a popular opinion...
but that juror is absolutely delusional.....he needs to do some more googling and find out the truth....because he isn't speaking it now, that's for sure.

if anyone thinks Jodi is not a master manipulator, then this should do it for ya. she was able to woooo this guy and now he is making a fool of himself almost stumbling over himself to virtually hug her and pat her on the back.

im disgusted.

see. I should have walked away. lol

He's beginning to put Samuels to shame...let him talk.

I think people are just upset the jury didn't vote for the sentence they thought they should have and want to lash out and blame someone.

Respectfully, I think people are more upset that there is NO verdict.

The majority of posters here have acknowledged they would have been (or conceded they would eventually have been) ok with LWOP because it would have closed the door on this part of CMja's story.

With the public statements being made by the foreman regarding his approach to deliberating, I think the new wave of upset is completely, totally and unequivocally warranted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member