Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a point that has always baffled me. Jodi says she cant remember anthing past shooting Travis, and she says the shooting came first. Then she also confesses to butchering him, but with no memory of it!
Dont those statements conflict?

What I always wondered is why, if he was still running at her and threatening her after she shot him in the head, and she fogged up for the rest of it, then WHY would she assume she'd killed him when the fog lifted?

My thoughts EXACTLY. Something stinks to high heaven.

It sure does.

I wonder if he keeps talking and implying that he didn't follow the admonition, if anything can be done legally. I guess there's no point, since a mistrial has already been declared. It would be interesting to find out.

Last week they were smart and lovable. This week, not so much. At least some of them.

Throughout the trial there were thoughtful and astute comments and questions from the jury. That has not changed. What has changed is that not every juror was necessarily astute. That's what the discussion is about, the thinking process and what went wrong. And when a juror starts talking to the media he becomes a public figure and what he says is fair game.

Not aimed at you, but enough with the oblique self-righteous ad hominem attacks on posters. Criticising someone's reasoning is not the same as attacking the person. This isn't high school. I guess the convict would call us all "haters".

Dr drew saying he has a member of the jury..hope it isnt the foreman.

Dr Drew says he has the only interview with a juror.

dr drew said he was going to have a juror on - didn't say if it was this same guy or not

I haven't really seen the interview, but if everyone is saying is true.. I am scared he just opened up a can of worms for an appeal.

Do you think the retrying of the Penalty Phase will be televised?

If not, CMja would be THWARTED. She actually said she had her attorneys fight against allowing cameras in the courtroom.

:floorlaugh:

When I heard that in the interview I did this: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I haven't seen a single interview and I'm going to keep it that way. I endured the trial, that's enough torture for me.

Don't watch! I wish I hadn't. Dear Heavens! I'm taking a complete Jodi break until Tuesday!

Have a great, decompressing, light-filled Memorial Day Weekend, folks! Hug your spouses and kids (or, if you're like me your dogs!) Call somebody you haven't talked to in a while just to tell them you love them. And pray for the Alexanders! :seeya:

She didn't seem all that upset when the verdict was read. I actually thought that the little emotion we did see from her (the slightly open mouthed gasp), was her telling herself that she should react...especially if the Alexander family had.
I've watched that clip over and over. I believe she heard Samantha's gasp, and then decided she too, should react. Hence the slightly open mouth immediately after Sam's gasp.
She's an imposter through and through.

I'm at a loss for words.. I'm still trying to get through the many emotions I feel. I was stunned. I can't imagine how Steven and the Alexanders feel. They are the ones betrayed. Jodi will feel justified in killing Travis now. She'll hang on to those who believed she was the victim. How if you found you her guilty of murder one, how can you not give her the death penalty for what she did to Travis.

The only upside to yesterday was I saw my son on CNN.

Respectfully Snipped:
When you look at the crime, then look at the young woman sitting at the table it doesn't wash. (It doesn't wash? Her looks should NOT matter. The law and the directions provided matter. She indeed did and admitted to it, you have photos of her doing it and you even have photos of the after effect. You have the most evidence of one persom commiting a murder then I have ever seen in my life. It's inked in pretty thick, not a wash.)

You are do right, what she looks like has nothing whatsoever to do with the crime. I was convinced her being "pretty" (imho, she really isn't more than average, but that's me) wouldn't be a factor in any serious jurors deliberations. Someone's appearance doesn't give you a clue into who they are or what they did in this criminal case (and in most others imho), their actions do, their body language does, their words do, their emotions do, but no their physical appearance does not. This juror seemed to be swayed by the visual, but his own primal instincts rather than the instincts of an evolved human and their high level thinking.

Using those primal instincts will get you hurt or end your life...just because the berry looks delicious doesn't mean it isn't poisonous and will kill you if you consume it!

Ok I don't mean to get all zen on you or something, but sometimes things happen for a reason and although I hate to be told that myself, It can be comforting. This 8 for Death is quite a feat. It's very hard to get 12 people to Vote to put someone to death. 8 for is better than 3 for Death and 9 for LWOP.

This happened for a reason and we may never know why, but it might become clear to us why the family was forced to endure just a couple months more. I try to say to myself, keep that in mind and believe it and all of a sudden everything will fall into place.

Such an incredible Prosecution win for Travis. The entire Jury voted with no problem she WAS guilty of 1st Degree Murder, with Premeditation, with Aggravation. Thats Incredible! Keep that feeling we all had as EACH of those stages came to a Verdict. We were so nervous and yet each step of the way Mr Martinez scored a huge victory for Travis.

I am also not as hysterical today should she get LWOP. After the incredible YouTube Video of what life really will be like for her, that is horrible.. as it should be! I'm so glad he made that, I was thinking, crap, if she got Life yesterday, that is not bad, this shows she will NOT be at the Holiday Inn that's for sure!

So even though I have always been fine with LWOP for her, I wanted to fight for what Travis' family wanted! They are alive, they are the primary victims left and we were fighting for them, they were fighting so hard for their brother and it has been a big victory so far! SHE could have walked. And nothing of the sort happened and won't.

I have full confidence that should the next Jury not pick death, this Judge will give her "natural" life. No parole. That should be an easy one. I have always liked her very much through the trial. I know she has taken some criticism, but when I see her at the bench, I find her soothing, I feel comforted just by her voice? I feel she knows the room, she is very dignified and had a lot of class. I just don't have one criticism of her at all. And then her last words that sounded like she was so tired, I felt horrible for her. This was a huge trial and everyone is exhausted.

I just hope they focus on how much they got right and what a great victory for Travis and his family this has been so far. I want to focus on what happened right and that she is convicted! I am letting go of the few that think she is a victim of anything, I pay no attention, they don't touch me emotionally or other wise, those people are insignificant to me.

It's a battle that is already won. The last step is a win win for Travis either way. I do prefer it goes how the family wants so I will continue to support their wishes. Just put yourself in their shoes for 1 second if this was my sister dead and slaughtered, the killer would not make it into custody and you'd never find his body...

Now for a touch of trial humor to lighten the mood...
http://www.stephaniehart.com/jodi.htm

Thanks rose..I wish I could say how I really feel about this but I do like being here...I wish I hadn't listened to these clips cause now my blood is boiling again. What in the hell did he think was going to happen when they said they could come together on a verdict??? I am sick of hearing what the Arias family is losing.....a butcherer, a murderer.....Travis' family lost their loved one....a good man who was taken in by an evil, evil woman and murdered in the most horrible way.....sorry no sympathy for them from me. My sympathy is reserved for Travis' family. :stormingmad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB