Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His interview didn't upset me either. I also don't get a vibe from him that says *I voted for life* I understand that he was surprised by looking at her that she could commit such a cruel crime. I understand how he thought some of Travis' words were verbally abusive(some of TAs words made me cringe) and I understand how he thought there might be some emotional abuse (having sex with her after the tire slashing, the stalking etc). He also said none of it was an excuse for what she did. I don't understand why he's getting so much backlash?

You mean JA abused and controlled Travis because SHE had sex with him after slashing his tires and stalking...

I respect your opinion and understand where you're coming from.

But I think it would be hard to let go the fact that with LWOP, she will be allowed some sort of "life" in prison. She will be able to interact with others and have many more freedoms than she would if she was on DR.

So I think that's maybe where people have a hard time letting go of the DP option and just "letting her be." In some way, she sort of wins, ya know?

True, but with how backwards this country is with people who are on death row (appeals, delays, etc), LWOP may not be that much different.

I can't see how she wins though, either way I can't ever see her leaving prison.

it's dicey ground re: his rant. looking at it that way lends looking at travis' murder the same. "she almost cut his head off? what did he do to her to deserve that?"

JMO. i do take issue with people refusing to look at this case with shades of grey. it's the defence and prosecutors job to paint it as black and white as they can, not ours.

jodi is conniving, manipulative and dangerous. but that doesn't excuse all of travis' flaws. however, it's important to note that harsh words ≠ physical abuse.
I understand what you are saying and Travis' words may be considered to be abusive if they were to stand alone, however, there are many texts and emails that are were either sealed as they were too prejudicial, deleted could not be recovered or could not be extracted from JA damaged hard drive, so we will not know the extent of their discussion.

Also, the abusive language was in a short period in May. There is testimony and facts that Travis never spoke to any other person/woman like this nor is there any corroborating evidence to support the contrary throughout their relationship except for the aforementioned period in May 2008.

I would like to see them make a deal and just agree to her having LWOP, but I don't think the killer would agree to that anymore. I bet she would hold out for LWP now.

BBM: Yes she is -- especially when she hears the jury foreman "bought" her LIES about "domestic abuse" ...

In her "warped mind" she fooled him and she will be able to fool some more ... sick ... :puke:

Unbelievable ...

I am still shocked ... stunned ... and sick ...

:moo:

I disagree. It's not a complicated case at all. The jury didn't find it complicated either. She planned to kill him and did. What's complicated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing this Jury did is make it as sure as possible that she gets life without parole as a minimum.

She really doesn't have much to look forward to, DP or no DP.

IMO

But I think it would be hard to let go the fact that with LWOP, she will be allowed some sort of "life" in prison. She will be able to interact with others and have many more freedoms than she would if she was on DR.

So I think that's maybe where people have a hard time letting go of the DP option and just "letting her be." In some way, she sort of wins, ya know?

I disagree. She is nothing like the vast majority of the other inmates. They will hate her. Despise her. Women in prison are far more brutal than men. IMO

I would like to see them make a deal and just agree to her having LWOP, but I don't think the killer would agree to that anymore. I bet she would hold out for LWP now.

Yep, I bet she would, too. I think she thought all along she would not be convicted of 1st degree and would get 2nd degree or manslaughter. She probably figured she would be out in 20 years. I think there's a 1% chance she ever gets parole. JSS would/will sentence her to LWOP if the next jury is hung or votes for life.

Exactly, these twelve people in their collective wisdom decided to go with murder one and hang the DP phase instead of hanging the case in chief.

I'm even thinking they hung the last phase to make sure the family knew how strongly some of them felt about the DP for Jodi.

Because the logical thing to do would be to compromise on Life, but the DP people were unwilling to do that for some reason.

IMO

Have you seen the autopsy photographs by chance?? If so, you can easily see *reason* why there would be jurors who would not settle no matter what. They strongly believed that if anyone deserved the death penalty it's her and were (rightfully, imo) unwilling to compromise even knowing I'm sure how badly the family wanted closure. They would rather hang and hope the next jury delivers the death penalty then give her life where she can work down to medium security and get to have some freedom. I commend them for making such a tough decision and sticking with their convictions. jmo.

Perhaps jury foreman thinks that this telling interview will help the defense strategy during next phase, he could very well have been for life.

Don't keep CM on the stand too long,
and some of us jurors believed the emotional abuse.

Guess what the DT will put much focus and energy on in the next go round...

IMO

I also agree that trying to get her to plea to LWOP and dropping appeals is the best direction since there really is no guarantee she'll get the DP. But ultimately it should be the family's decision and if they want to continue on, so be it.

Disagree totally.
It really should NOT be the families decision.

I disagree. She is nothing like the vast majority of the other inmates. They will hate her. Despise her. Women in prison are far more brutal than men. IMO

Boy, I was just thinking about that. In prison unless segregated from the general population, she is put at grave physical risk.

What a shame if she were say...repeatedly beaten up, attacked, robbed and perhaps killed at some point.

Yep ... and now, because of this jury foreman, it unfortunately gives for some sort of validity to her BS ... :puke:

I can't wait for jury foreman and jurors to see that video where she felt "betrayed" by the jury for the 1st degree murder conviction ...

I can't wait for the jury foreman and jurors to learn that JA purchased a 9mm before she was arrested -- oh, and was "on the run" with knives in the car as well ...

Oh there's more ... y'all know the rest ...

I'm the nosiest person I know. It would royally cheese me off to find things out afterwards that somebody else decided were too prejudicial. For instance. Kicking doggy boy would have been a deal breaker for me. I'm sort of kidding.

She admitted to self defense. That's what she admitted to finally.

It's a complicated case. That's all I can say without writing a book.

IMO

As Linda said, how on God's green earth is this a complicated case? You have a woman to admitted to the killing, pictures of it, forensic evidence, etc.

Am I missing something? Or do you work for the defense?

Yep ... and now, because of this jury foreman, it unfortunately gives for some sort of validity to her BS ... :puke:

I can't wait for jury foreman and jurors to see that video where she felt "betrayed" by the jury for the 1st degree murder conviction ...

I can't wait for the jury foreman and jurors to learn that JA purchased a 9mm before she was arrested -- oh, and was "on the run" with knives in the car as well ...

Oh there's more ... y'all know the rest ...

I'm sure that it is comforting to fantasize that once the jurors know everything that you know that they will surely agree with your conclusions.

As we can see by the wide array of opinions even on this forum, that's simply not the case.

You mean JA abused and controlled Travis because SHE had sex with him after slashing his tires and stalking...

Look, I'm on YOUR side. I wanted her to get the DP yesterday. I hate her, I think she's a cold blooded killer. But the fact remains, Travis could have EASILY walked away from her numerous times and chose to continue on with the sexual aspect of their relationship long after the stalking behaviour started. Yet he didnt. Is that an excuse for what she did? NO, absolutely not. But I can totally understand why some older generation people can see why that is considered emotionally abusive.

At this point, I think the best thing is for them to work out a deal of LWP with no appeals. Both sides get a concession there.

Why? Because she would serve 20 more years at a minimum, and wouldn't be any real danger to society at that point, IMO. Before Travis, she was a normal law-abiding citizen with perhaps a minor personality disorder. Being jealous, snooping, and perhaps lying a bit more than the average person are not really all that horrible. She was not a serial killer, or someone who snatched and killed a child for fun. Something just went really wrong in her after she got involved with Travis .

That said, I wouldn't have had a big problem with a DP verdict, either

Oh yeah. Hitting your brother with a baseball bat and kicking a dog (no one ever saw the dog again) is just a minor personality disorder.

Oh, things went ' really wrong' after she got involved with Travis! Oh I get it! Of course it's not her fault! Travis must have done something to turn her into a crazy woman! And I can see now that she won't present a danger to society after 20 years. Thanks!

HopefulOne, I agree with your post. It is just my thought but I believe (and I could be wrong, lord knows I have been many times) that Alexander family is steadfast in this because not only did she viciously murder their brother three times over, she threatened to victimize him yet again if they didn't take a "settlement" to 2nd Degree murder--and when they refused her "offer" she slaughtered him again in a court of law. JMO

She admitted to self defense. That's what she admitted to finally.

It's a complicated case. That's all I can say without writing a book.

IMO

It's really not all that complicated. She slaughtered him, and planned to do so. Murder One. End of story, imo.

There was another case involving a woman going on a long freeway ride from Colorado to I think AZ?? death spree where she hid gas purchases etc. to kill her ex and his new wife also featured on 48 HOurs. I have been thinking Jodi possibly got ideas from that case. The woman almost got away with that crime and without her daughters testimony against her may never been convicted.

Maybe this will help. Think of that list we made (that is somewhere) of all the things this jury does not know about Jodi. And how "duped" they will feel when they find out.

Very true. It's easy to forget about all of the stuff they don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadstrangepod