Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JVM top lip is numb... IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's probably celebrating the fact that he no longer has to deal with Jodi.

He has to complete this whole thing with her. So he is stuck dealing with her and her dealing with him through another penalty phase. That's OK before this even happened he put in for a 200k pay raise.

I'm disappointed! Every single one of those jurors said they could impose the death penalty. Here is the only thing they had to look at:

Aggravating Factors are any relevant circumstances, supported by the evidence presented during the trial, that makes the harshest penalty appropriate, in the judgment of the jurors.

Mitigating Factors are any evidence presented regarding the defendant's character or the circumstances of the crime, which would cause a juror to vote for a lesser sentence.

Somebody lied! What mitigating factors were there? Character? Circumstance of the crime?

Ok .. I'm going to play devils advocate, so please don't stone me to death ..

Mitigators could be: the text Travis sent Jodi calling her a sociopath, or her BPD or other aspects of their interaction for example .. the jury wasn't limited to mitigators put on by the defence at the end, they could take in the whole trial .. they were also instructed that voting for death was a personal decision .. they really don't have to give an answer at all, just that personally they thought that was the right sentence.

JVM hunted down juror #9 like a vulture. She, and other reporters, followed him for 3 blocks.

after some time away doing mundane things.....

I know some are upset and feel that only after 14 hrs or so they gave up....on the surface, it seems that way.

but I truly believe that someone on that jury told the others: "I absolutely refuse to budge and give her the DP". and the other jurors absolutely refused to give her life (which is good because they truly believed she deserved to die based on the horrific thing she did). so with the hold out, there was nothing else for them to do. I bet they talked till they were blue in the face. I bet they got angry, maybe yelled, cried, and pleaded. there are some things that you cannot change people's mind on...and I believe that was the case. did that juror(s) lie on their form way back when? maybe. maybe not. did Jodi manipulate that juror(s) so well like she has done so many others? maybe. maybe not. but that juror(s) were not budging no matter what the others
said....no matter what they witnessed in the trial. they were firmly planted in their verdict.

I find it courageous that the jurors who refused to go for a lesser sentence held their ground. I am very disappointed that the juror(s) that believed she
deserved life did not see that she deserved death resulting in the situation we have now. but at least there is a 2nd chance she will get the DP.

im mostly upset for the alexander family that they will continue to suffer. it is hard not to be mad at the jury (I get that) when you know the family is severely suffering. not just upset like us, but in some dire straights....but
hopefully people will throw whatever they can at the alexander family in way of support including financially so that they can get through this as best as they can.

there IS still hope she will be put to death. there really is....

Excellent observations.
I agree with all you've said. This is NOT a victory for JA in anyway.

Now, if Sheriff Joe and/or the judged will hold true to the words that JA will be held in isolation until the next penalty phase in July - I will be grateful.
No more media contacts.
She needs to be shut-down and not allowed back in jailhouse general population with her pod mates to admire here over inflated ego.

I hope the Alexander family can return home now to their families, friends, and a somewhat routine lives for the time being.
They need to rest up and gather strength for the new jury phase in July.
God Bless them.
I fear for Steven especially ... his victims impact statement just broke my heart.
He is truly an example of someone with PTSD.
So wracked by nightmares and having to know that he must once again face his brothers murderer.
I hope Steven and the rest of the family are getting support from MD's, psychologists, or support groups - whatever they need to get thru this torturous seemingly never-ending trial.

Especially the one in which she said they were making chit chat during the shower, and his anger "was not instantaneous" after she "dropped the camera" -it developed over several minutes!?!? Direct contradiction to her version of events.

OMG. She SAID that??? Did she get so excited about being on TV and forget that 62 second thingy?

As long as we stay within TOS, I think it is ok for sleuthers to post their thoughts and feelings. If we are angry, we are entitled to be so. If we are sad, same deal.

No one should feel that they dont have a right to express their anger, disappointment or frustration. Or opinions, for that matter.

:seeya: Thank You for this clarification ...

My opinion is not very popular here tonight and I understand ...

BUT, I am trying to look at today's outcome in a more positive light ...

But I don't see it -- YET ...

I have total faith in Mr. Juan Martinez ... but I just don't have faith in juries ...

Sorry ...

MOO MOO and MOO !

I am again calling these jurors heros..My current thought is to come from to keep ontop of the murderess..I shall also be catching up on the IRS scandal, bengazi and other issues that I am also passionate about.....These jurors need some time to decompress and absorb all that they have missed..including their lives for 5 months..I will be here when they decide to speak..Peace to all of you...and God Bless the United States of America and all of you..In memory we celebrate this coming weekend....And ,the murderess JA, is not part of my weekend or celebration of our military heros... may she sit quietly by herself and suffer from her own conscience...or boredom from lack of....

OMG! I can't believe JVM chasing down ponytail juror! Airing his face on video!

That shouldn't be legal IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vinnie...."Every trial with JVM ends with a Chase" LMAO

Also, I don't know if this has been addressed. What about the judges pause? Was she getting emotional, or was there a distraction in the court room?

i think she was extremely emotional for the Alexander family, I HAD TO LEAVE AND GO TO THE GROCERY STORE WHICH IVE NOT DONE IN AGES.
I needed to get away from my computer:banghead: and tv

Thank you for that.

No matter what she is still guilty. That does not change.

I want to thank the jury they found her guilty of premeditated first degree murder that was extremely cruel, the only thing they couldn't agree on is whether she deserves life in prison, or the death penalty. To have to sit there and listen to her lies not only about Travis but then she lied to the jury. How disrespectful can you get. I think they did a good job but unfortunately couldn't agree on her final punishment. Either way she will not have a life anymore, no matter how hard she tries.

I am sure that this has been said before but I have to say it. My heart breaks for all of the Alexander family, but Stephen worries me the most. The look in his eyes and his facial expression was of an overwhelming sense of loss, anger and devastation so great that it has taken hold of his soul. I grieve for all of them but he has a special place in my heart. My thoughts and prayers are with the Alexander family and friends.

In addition, I am worried about the diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder that the defense used as a mitigating factor. I think it will rear it's ugly head if there is a new penalty phase. I am afraid that jurors did and will see Jodi as an individual with mental problems that are so severe as to be a legitimate mitigating factor. A way out for Jodi. However, if the entire evaluations are entered into evidence, it may show the sociopathic traits Jodi has that can never be "rehabilitated." JM may need to distinguish much more between mentally ill in the eyes of the law and mental illness. I also think that JM should proactively say that the jurors DO NOT kill anyone - the sentence is a just consequence of JODI'S actions.

I had to leave for a few minutes, so I've missed several pages, but my 2 cents worth:

Jodi did not look smug or happy to me when the verdict was read. She knows that some (hopefully the majority) of the jurors were pro death and refused to settle for Life, even if it meant a hung jury. She may also be aware that her post verdict interviews will be allowed to be admitted if the penalty phase is retried. I'm sure her attorneys told her that, but I think she was convinced that this jury was going to give her Life and she didn't give a second thought about doing them. I've seen lawyers on three different networks say that her interviews will be allowed in. I think she knows she's scr3wd if the state retries the penalty phase. What upset me the most today is that it isn't over yet for the Alexander family, but eventually, Jodi will be where she belongs. It also makes me happy that she's locked down for 23 hours per day with no interviews (per Sheriff Joe), at least until the status hearing on June 20th. Justice is delayed, but won't be denied.

Oh, I agree. She was very unhappy. Her fam chose a scenic drive to the Grand Canyon over waiting near court to find out if she lives/dies/jury hangs. Wow. That must have hurt, even she-who-has-no-feelings. But of course, now she can hold this over Mom's head in punishment til the day one of them dies.

A borderline's worst fear -abandonment.

On AC, they just showed some footage of juror #9 according to Anderson...grey pony tail and beard.

They were running after this guy, asking him all kinds of questions...and he just kept saying "no comment".

RIDICULOUS! JVM is beyond annoying!!

Thanks to everyone here, who I've witnessed care so much about justice and who feel such deep compassion for the survivors left behind.

I've heard so many of you crying throughout this trial and have felt for you. For me this is the first time I've lost it. I believe Mormon Attorney that there is a greater purpose and that all will be well, but for right now all I can do is cry.

I read some of the jurors were seen crying. I bet this wasn't an easy outcome and I'm sure some of them are feeling horrible about this mistrial.. After hearing Steven Alexander speak all I can think of is how this is not over for them yet. And they will have to sit there and listen to it all again. I think that's the most tragic thing. On the other hand, I am glad they were deadlocked so that JM can have another go at JA. While she's in jail, locked up 23/24.

It's 4:11 am over here. I'm going to sleep lol. And tomorrow, I'll walk outside and go get some starbucks. #Freedom #NaNaNaJodi #ShowingMyAge :p

JVM, maybe that juror wanted to be free to walk around as a free man not having to hide from the press. He wanted to do things his way not the way of the courts or have to hide so he is not bugged by you. What that juror should have done was turn around to them and said asked and answered.

I need to step back and catch my breath.......today was a huge disappointment....but I have no doubt they will retry and WIN. Look at all the new ammunition Juan has this time around. I take great pleasure in knowing ja will be in that concrete cell 23 hours a day...that has to be torture for her:floorlaugh: ...no more TV interviews, eating her meals in her box, noone to talk to....just a taste of what's to come.

She can relish her "win" in a concrete room smaller than Travis' closet, poor dear, for 23 hours a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
safetycircle