Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vinnie...."Every trial with JVM ends with a Chase" LMAO

I'm still sitting here laughing. Her producer is still on a subway train stalking/following the poor juror. She ordered the producer to follow the guy on the train.

I shouldn't have used the lol button, but my stomach has been acting up enough lately for the hurl button. I just seen a clip of this guy (don't know what the 'reporter in the know' looks like) and it was disgusting. The only reporter that interviewed Arias that showed her the respect she deserved--and he should have been rougher, was Ryan Owens.

Wonder if Arias was bawling too cause the Jury is going to find out now about all the lies she told, the lie she is!...everyone is finding out the real Jodi. To a BPD-Sociopath-Narcissist that has conned people all her life since a young age, manipulated everyone and would not take no for an answer, just lied/manipulated/mirrored her way through...wow, can you imagine? The mask is getting peeled off like a skins of an onion and it is black, molding rotten to the core.

LOL Nope, fine to use the button. I was just kidding!

After the Casey Marie Anthony trial, and now the Jodi Arias trial - I AM DONE. I will not be here for a long while. I need to get my life back, and realize that no longer in the USA justice is not served. I have been an advocate for justice -- but I am broken.

Best of luck to all of you. May we meet again someday.

Melanie

:seeya: Oh no Mel ... but I truly understand ...

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I am disappointed big time that CNN chooses to use Jose Baez as an annalist - what is up with that?????

I could argue it either way. Life or death.

Have you ever watched a women's prison documentary? Jodi actually does have much to offer the prison population. Just the fact she can read and teach others to...is huge when so many inmates cant, inmates that one day WILL be out.

Does it out weight the aggravating factors?
That's up to the individual jurors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except her whole plan is a pipe dream, she won't be around any other inmates, let alone teaching them to read or anything else, for several years, if ever, if she's given life.

I skipped many pages - I wonder if it is feasible for the Alexander family to start their "Civil Suit" to stop CMA now.

JVM hunted down juror #9 like a vulture. She and other reporters followed him for 3 blocks.

She even sent a producer on the train thingy with him!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I agree. She was very unhappy. Her fam chose a scenic drive to the Grand Canyon over waiting near court to find out if she lives/dies/jury hangs. Wow. That must have hurt, even she-who-has-no-feelings. But of course, now she can hold this over Mom's head in punishment til the day one of them dies.

A borderline's worst fear -abandonment.

to me that just shows the families disconnect
i mean who does that? unacceptable considering the situation. they put their needs above their daughters life or death.

Statement by County Attorney Bill Montgomery

"We appreciate the jury's work in the guilt and aggravation phases of the trial and now we will assess, based upon available information, what the next steps will be. As of this point in time, the Court has set a Status Conference for June 20 and we will proceed with the intent to retry the penalty phase. Because, for purposes of a jury determination on punishment, this is still a pending matter, there will be no further comment."

Statement by Sheriff Joe Arpaio

"Because the jury in the Jodi Arias murder trial was hung, Arias will remain as a closed custody inmate in the Maricopa County Sheriff's Estrella Jail. Arias has been in Sheriff Arpaio's care and custody for five years and will stay with MCSO until the judicial system renders a final conclusion as to her fate. As a closed custody inmate, Arias remains in her 7x11 cell for 23 hours a day and Arpaio will no longer permit Arias to give media interviews."

Comments by Former Maricopa County Attorney Rick Romley

Romley has said the case could drag on for several months as the new jury reviews evidence and hears opening statements, closing arguments and witness testimony in a "Cliffs Notes" version of the trial.

However, if the prosecutor decides not to pursue the death penalty a second time, the judge would sentence Arias to one of the life term options, and the trial would conclude.

------

Under Arizona law, a hung jury in a trial's death penalty phase requires a new jury to be seated to decide the punishment. If the second jury cannot reach a unanimous decision, the judge would then sentence Arias to spend her entire life in prison or be eligible for release after 25 years. The judge cannot sentence Arias to death.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22403815/jury-in-jodi-arias-trial-resumes-deliberations

Ignore if Donavan answer has been answered... Donavan was asked how the family felt... There was some banter... Donavan said her family was upset that they were not in the court room... NG was enraged and told Donavan i appreciate what you are trying to do for this family BUT court isn't a curbside drive thru that waits on you... In a nutshell. Donavan must be a glutton for punishment...:seeya:

I strongly believe that if, if, if, if the problem/dilemma/hang-up/dissent came from an inability to consider the death penalty because s/he or they began to sympathize or empathize or just feel badly for CMJA's family to the extent that it became a moral issue, that person or persons should have let the judge know that.

But we don't know what the issue was.

The other thing that really bothered me about the jury today (and it is not bashing or slamming them) was articulated best by someone I know:

Why would a juror would put the family through more turmoil by mouthing, ”I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.”
How is the family to take that? That that person is the one who hung the jury? That that person tried to give the death
penalty but was opposed? Don’t they have enough to go through without carrying the juror’s guilt/remorse/
conflict?

THAT pretty much sums up how I feel. Not the fact that they couldn't reach a unanimous decision

My Thoughts: After the OJ Simpson verdict - I don't think I ever 'recovered' from that shock and abuse of juror power. Almost 20 years have passed - I can't count the numerous other murder trials I have since followed. I learned from the Simpson verdict to expect the unexpected, so I 'numbed' myself in many ways to assuming whether a verdict will be guilty or innocent. The Robert Blake trial, Phil Spector trial, Michael Jackson trial, and of course Casey Anthony trial to name just a few did not bring the outcome everyone else predicted (and I secretly hoped for which was guilty). I have been very cautious in posting my predictions the jury would bring back a guilty verdict. I held my breath, but remained eerily calm when this jury brought back premediated 1st degree. Then I could breath - knowing now the next phase would begin as to death or life (hopefully without parole). This specific murder case grabbed me from the first time it became public on tv in 2008 - through the years, I feel honored and privileged to have been able to learn so much about Travis Alexander through the enormous amounts of social media access we all now have. His family which never missed a day in that courtroom - and the psychology of a deranged purely evil murderer. I am a mother - my son is only a few years younger than this demonic creature in jail right now, but the exact age Travis was killed at. In learning of Travis with an objective mind - he became 'my son' in many aspects. He became the 'son', 'brother', 'friend' of millions of us who've never met him. His spirit and soul has touched us all. During this 3rd phase - death or life - I've kept myself calm - because I believe in God and that everything absolute happens for a reason absolutely.

It is easy to get caught up in the hype of media out there - but to remain focussed is more calming. Twenty minutes after being found guilty of premediated murder - the butcher held an interview. This week after final statements - she held more interviews - I heard today 5 hours worth. I thought to myself - how unfortunate the jurors would not be able to hear this outrageous act on her part in all it's aspects. I knew in my deep faith - that some how - some time - some where - these interviews will come back to 'bite the evil unremorseful murderer. Today....the answer was evident - an undecided jury has enabled the brilliant Prosecutor an opportunity to enter those interviews into evidence to the new jurors - the blatant unremorse - the continued lies - the disgusting demands of makeup, etc. God's Plan Works - Ours Doesn't. I believe the Plan is to bring in the absolute just verdict for this extremely frightening species of a butcher - we are forced to label 'human', when she is absolutely INhumane.

There is a saying someone once told me - "Time is to ensure that everything doesn't happen at once". Thus - "time" has been given to ensure a just verdict, which I believe now will be death.

On Death - and how this specific trial has affected or 'changed' me personally . This is the first time I will ever acknowledge this. I am a Canadian - in Canada as most know we do not have the death penalty - so our juries don't have this option. HOWEVER, that is not the MAIN' point'. I am raised in a Christian religion - the utmost and ultimate foundation of my specific faith is that we are pacifists - we do not believe in death of another human being, we do not encourage it in any form whatsoever. This is a foundation I have been raised with, followed and been ingrained with and upheld for 56 years of my life. Until Now. There are those who come onto this Earth in pure forms of Evil. Perhaps they are here as an example to the rest of us humans, that Evil can exist, but GOOD will always prevail and always overpower. Though OJ Simpson disgusted me beyond profound belief - in his case I wished to see him spend his life in jail - because he was arrogant in his wealth - and to me the justice would have been to have his Armani suits and Bruno Maglis ripped off his pathetic body and xchanged for strips and a tiny prison cell where he would rot alive till his death - no mansion. Years later that thought has come into fruition. BUT - Jodi Arias - has no wealth - so her only asset would be her 'mouth' from her prison cell - and we have all learned without a shadow of doubt the lowest planarian form she stoops to for her voice to be heard. It is in this context that I absolutely and unapologetically, beyond a shadow of doubt in my pacifist raised mind - feel that she should get nothing short of the Death Penalty. Her voice, her existence MUST end - she would taunt the Alexander family through the rest of time - and our Higher Power out there - will not allow it.

So,,, rather than parrot my lifelong upbringing and belief as a pacifist - I wish her DEATH and make no apology in saying so.

Juan Martinez's dedication and commitment will not be in vain - Justice for Travis Alexander.

I am grateful to the jurors who gave their lives for 5 months, and clearly the majority of them gave their best to 'do the right thing', and they did - Premediated Murder in the 1st. Their work will be finished by 12 others now.

:seeya: Thank You for this clarification ...

My opinion is not very popular here tonight and I understand ...

BUT, I am trying to look at today's outcome in a more positive light ...

But I don't see it -- YET ...

I have total faith in Mr. Juan Martinez ... but I just don't have faith in juries ...

Sorry ...

MOO MOO and MOO !

I am very frustrated because I think they should have tried for more days if they were deadlocked. Too much invested at this point. They could have kept tyring to convince the holdouts and maybe after 4-5 days of trying, maybe the juror would have finally come around.

The scary part for me is that now a plea deal is a definite possibility, and the family may not have a choice in the matter. My understanding is the state DA may elect to offer a plea due to the huge insane amounts of money already spent on this trial. And what is even worse is the DT may want LWP as the deal. The state may consider it because of money.

I am terrribly disappointed

juries like the defendant even less than the first jury that convicted them of 1st degree murder and aggravating circumstance(s) did. But it seems somewhat easier when they are convicting men and I think there remains a general bias against sending young and relatively attractive women to death row. Hopefully the new jury will feel even less for her than this one obviously did in some regard. I do think the DP continues to be unfairly applies in this country. I have no doubt if the genders were reversed the DP would have been more easily applies.

Me, I see this as entirely iornic (yep). Her best shot was with this jury, having been beaten to death with boredom, stupidity, amateurish lying, and obfuscation. This was the jury Einstein needed to hang her hat on for any hope of a "life" sentence and the possibility of the judge granting a parole option. That's gone now. Thanks to her own defense (IMO), a new jury will come in and have little difficulty sending her to the injection table. Way to go, Einstein! Oh, Magoo, you've done it again. You're brilliant!

OMG. She SAID that??? Did she get so excited about being on TN and forget that 62 second thingy?

Someone asked me for a link of that interview earlier when I posted it but I heard on TV. I didn't watch all of it, so grateful someone else posted about it too. Thanks, I was getting paranoid. Why would they be chit-chatting about deleting pics as last words? I hope Martinez and Flores are all over that tape. Her time-line never has worked anyway. She lured him in that shower, focus her camera lens on target zones, waited for the right time to stick her knife in him. Rotten murderer!

I keep reading about some people wanting JM to bring in the new interviews?
Would he be allowed to do that?

(I'm hoping someone knows or can point me in the right direction. I try to use AzLawyer as a last resort, lol. She's so patient and answers all those questions. Is my e-crush showing? lol)

I wonder if it would be the same. AZ said JM could only use the post verdict interviews in the penalty phase to rebut something. And there was nothing to rebut since she allocuted and there were no witnesses.
I want those interviews, all of them, to end up getting her the needle. And I'm so afraid somehow they'll be kept out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog