Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me the 'Law of Attraction' has worked EXACTLY as it should for Jodi.

Everything she's put out has come back to her.

Good morning :seeya:

Now I've had time to sleep on yesterday's non verdict, I've made peace with their decision, kind of.

Its a mix of emotions.

I'm not mad at the jury, they gave us first degree premeditation and extreme cruelty. To me it is clear they took their duty seriously. I don't think 12hours is very long though but I guess the ones whos minds couldn't be changed stood strong in their convictions and I applaud them for that.

I guess I'm just a little upset and disappointed, not in the jury though for the Alexanders and travis' friends. I can't imagine how they are feeling, having to go through this all again but I know they will be there standing strong and united for their wonderful brother.

Justice is coming, we have just hit a little road bump.

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

It's that time again, so as my DW's ancestors once sang .........

[video=youtube;o48aZ_C52wc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o48aZ_C52wc[/video]

I don't know what ticked me off more…the non-verdict or the smile on Wilma's face. :banghead:

Its strange to put faces to the jurors, I thought I spotted Alan from the hangover :floorlaugh:

Its strange to put faces to the jurors, I thought I spotted Alan from the hangover :floorlaugh:

Are there photos in MSM? There are over 160 pages of posts for me to read through since I left for work this morning! I'm never going to catch up!!

I saw the video on AZcentral of jurors getting on the bus. And even though I had read it in the courtroom watchers' descriptions, I was just struck by how many older people there were. Middle-aged and older. I only saw about 3 younger ones...the two guys in the back and the girl in the middle with the blue jeans on.

I really think age played a factor in this. Think about it...some of these jurors probably have kids Jodi's age. And they know how long life can be...they thought Jodi still has a long life ahead of her, even if it is in prison. I really really feel in my gut this played a big part in the death phase. Yes, it's true that that also means that Travis' death would strike them even harder b/c he was young...but for once I agree with the THs who said they might have formed some connection with Jodi after spending 5 months with her in the courtroom. So sad, makes me think was the defense trying to drag this out on purpose? was Nurmi talking so slowly on purpse? I now think it was done on purpose in the hopes of this "connection" with Jodi, even if she was lying the whole time. Guess lying doesn't mean anything anymore, even if it about a little thing like slaughtering another human being.

Looking at the jurors filing in on the buses, I kind of see why there were 4 holdouts. They've probably never in their whole lives encountered someone like CMJA before, so sweet and innocent-looking, yet evil. They just couldn't wrap their minds around that, I believe. I will be very interested in seeing who these holdouts were and what there ages were.
I haven't watched anything yet (I've only read a couple of pages of KCL's thread and a few news articles) but this is a really interesting perspective, thank you. You would have thought they'd try to spread the ages a little more evenly.

I found a video! It has probably already been posted but I'll post it again in case anyone else is in the same boat as me (ie 3 months behind, which seems impossible because it's only been 12 hours. HEY! I thought Australia was meant to be ahead in time!!)

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2405490606001

After watching the video I didn't think there was such a heavy bias towards older people, to be honest.

I posted in another thread, but will add my thoughts here. I wonder if the attorneys knew what the verdict was prior to the public announcement? The absence of Jodi's family could then be a strategic move to show how little they care for their daughter in the new penalty trial. The Judge was able to immediately provide dates for the new procedures, so she would seemed to have been prepared for this verdict. I know very little about the legal procedure, so this may be very common.

Are there photos in MSM? There are over 160 pages of posts for me to read through since I left for work this morning! I'm never going to catch up!!

There is a video of them getting onto the bus and one of what I assume to be a reporter following one along the sidewalk. The links are on the state vs jodi arias Facebook page. I can't copy and paste them from my apps, its on azcentral.com so you may be able to find them on there.

Well....

After hearing the non-verdict yesterday, I came here, made my comment and decided not to watch anything more. HLN and NG were getting on my nerves. JVM was screeching. I did tune into Dr. Drew for a second...but quickly turned it off. Besides being sick for real (and still not feeling good-and not going to work again today), this whole thing is making me sick in a different way.

For whatever reasons, 4 on the jury just couldn't put her to death. I am very surprised it wasn't more like 11-1. I am just as confused as everyone else as to how they can convict her of Murder 1 (premeditated) and convict her of cruel/heinous and not come back with the DP. Someday we will hear from the jury.

I feel very bad for the Alexander family. This really needed to be over for them. They not only had to endure 5 months of this murderer, but also her diva interviews. I sure hope the Sheriff puts a damn stop to allowing this murderer to do these interviews. All it does is make her feeeeeeel and seem relevant where she spews her BS about DV and still trashes the VICTIM who was brutally murdered by her.

I cannot believe this is not over yet and I pray for the family.

Well....

After hearing the non-verdict yesterday, I came here, made my comment and decided not to watch anything more. HLN and NG were getting on my nerves. JVM was screeching. I did tune into Dr. Drew for a second...but quickly turned it off. Besides being sick for real (and still not feeling good-and not going to work again today), this whole thing is making me sick in a different way.

For whatever reasons, 4 on the jury just couldn't put her to death. I am very surprised it wasn't more like 11-1. I am just as confused as everyone else as to how they can convict her of Murder 1 (premeditated) and convict her of cruel/heinous and not come back with the DP. Someday we will hear from the jury.

I feel very bad for the Alexander family. This really needed to be over for them. They not only had to endure 5 months of this murderer, but also her diva interviews. I sure hope the Sheriff puts a damn stop to allowing this murderer to do these interviews. All it does is make her feeeeeeel and seem relevant where she spews her BS about DV and still trashes the VICTIM who was brutally murdered by her.

I cannot believe this is not over yet and I pray for the family.

BBM: Sheriff Joe has said Jodi will be in a cell by herself for 23 hours a day and there will be NO MORE INTERVIEWS. I guess if there was any GOOD NEWS today, that was it. :seeya:

After the non-verdict I noticed JA wiped her eyes...with tissue! I could have missed it before but that's the first time I've seen her wipe tears from her eyes. It was when she was talking to the mitigation lady.

BBM: Sheriff Joe has said Jodi will be in a cell by herself for 23 hours a day and there will be NO MORE INTERVIEWS. I guess if there was any GOOD NEWS today, that was it. :seeya:

I don't know why the he!! he let her do any interviews at all!!

She's prisoner, convicted of 1st degree murder for cryin' out loud!

I hope those jurors that couldn't finish their job as instructed by the law slept very peaceful & that they have a Wonderful Memorial day weekend! Forget the grieving family that they saw every day for 4 months, the heart wrenching pleas to let this be over for the them. Yes I hope they have all the peace if mind knowing they did the right thing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone know if the new trial will be televised??? I still want to watch the new trial, never know this may be just a lull in the waiting game of Justice.

Jodi is not bipolar or whatever , Some in the jury let themselves be manipulated. MOO!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

See, ponytail could have taken this bus and went home with out being "bothered" by the media. I still don't get why he walked right out, right by the media then of all things, bought a bus pass and waited for the bus.

This jury has me stumped the more this goes on.

Perhaps it was Ponytail, who was the hold out?

I don't know why the he!! he let her do any interviews at all!!

She's prisoner, convicted of 1st degree murder for cryin' out loud!

Let's hope those post conviction interviews were seen by the potential jurors. Her smug attitude and flip remarks tell who she really is.

If "Loose Lips Sink Ships" she's headed for the briny deep.:twocents:

What a shame. Jodi has two kidneys. Her father only needs one. She has better things to donate. HAIR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV