Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But Farm, they did convict her. She is not getting out. She is a convicted murderer of the worst kind.

Right now she is stuck in a cell 23 hours a day. She will only see her attorneys and get a phone call with her mom. Guess what? Her attorneys will not visit every day. She can expect to see less of them until the Alexander family is able to decide if they want to continue. Then, she will only see them as necessary, and once it is all finally over, she will never see them again.

She will go stir crazy with no audience that she thinks she is playing mind games with.

Not to mention talking to deadly scorpions, any other bugs or rats that may visit her cell, oh, and her cat picture to remind her of what she thinks she is.

She is now all alone, for quite some time. Her worst nightmare.

Yes your right, they did convict her of the first two charges. But now the family and everyone involved in this sordid murder will have to go through this all over again. And isn't she still in Estrella until that happens? She is not in her real home??? I don't know, she looked quite elated and with the mounds of evidence, 5 long months, now this.
In my mind all along I was thinking sure case of DP and never thought it would be a hung jury.

Good Morning.

I also do not know what to say. When it came down to brass tacks someone on the jury was obviously not DP certified. It was said on TV last night (which) I shut off as I could not take anymore) that people lie all the time.
Some juror said oh yeah I would have no problem but when it came down to it they did.
Jodi must be doing back flips and head stands because like she said "No jury will ever convict me".:stormingmad:

I'm pretty sure she is feeling quite smug and superior because in her ding-a-ling mind, she's scored a "victory."

Reeeeeally not sure what her definition of victory is because it isn't as if she can go home, kick her heels off and enjoy a bottle of wine whilst cackling maniacally over putting something over on the rest of us.

A victory to me would be the CM having her shackles removed, given an overflowing Sephora bag and walking away thumbing her nose at everyone.

NOT heading back to her teeny tiny cell waiting for a guard to come so she can flip her hair and flirt. :fireworks:

That's the reasoning keeping me sane. lol

But Farm, they did convict her. She is not getting out. She is a convicted murderer of the worst kind.

Right now she is stuck in a cell 23 hours a day. She will only see her attorneys and get a phone call with her mom. Guess what? Her attorneys will not visit every day. She can expect to see less of them until the Alexander family is able to decide if they want to continue. Then, she will only see them as necessary, and once it is all finally over, she will never see them again.

She will go stir crazy with no audience that she thinks she is playing mind games with.

Not to mention talking to deadly scorpions, any other bugs or rats that may visit her cell, oh, and her cat picture to remind her of what she thinks she is.

She is now all alone, for quite some time. Her worst nightmare.

Agreeed. And if nothing else, it will put her out of the limelight for awhile. If the media and the coverage stops and everything dies down, the chances that there is a jury pool that can be found increases with every passing day. While it was a nationwide media blitz, I think it is a great potential to backfire on JA.

Yesterday, Yahoo news did not even make the hung jury announcement until 2 hours after the verdict. It was not a top story yesterday. I got booted from WS while waiting for everyone to get to the courtroom and never got back on. If it hadn't been announced on Justice for Travis FB page, I would have still been waiting.

K

I haven't watched anything yet (I've only read a couple of pages of KCL's thread and a few news articles) but this is a really interesting perspective, thank you. You would have thought they'd try to spread the ages a little more evenly.

I wonder, statistically speaking, whether younger or older are more likely to say "yes" to the death penalty, or if it's pretty even. Theoretically they all were able to give death if it came down to it.

I would have to say "no" to being on a death penalty jury, but those who have given the go-ahead must be able to carry it out!

Good Morning.

I also do not know what to say. When it came down to brass tacks someone on the jury was obviously not DP certified. It was said on TV last night (which) I shut off as I could not take anymore) that people lie all the time.
Some juror said oh yeah I would have no problem but when it came down to it they did.
Jodi must be doing back flips and head stands because like she said "No jury will ever convict me".:stormingmad:

Yeah but she WAS convicted. Of Murder 1. That doesn't change. There is no mistrial on THAT.

Worst case scenario is LWOP. I know the family wants the DP but either way Arias is in jail for the rest of her life.

Good morning. I pray that the Alexander family awoke at peace with what happened yesterday. Jodi will never be free. She may not get death, and there may never be a retrial but it is for sure she will spend her life in prison and for the next several months will be in a lockdown. She will have a lot of time for it to sink in that she is never going home, never going to be free.

I am reminded this morning of when Cain slew Abel in the Bible. God did not kill him but he was exiled. And he told the Lord his punishment was greater than he could bear. Keep that in mind. His great great grandson, Lamech, killed a man and he said, "I have slain a man to my wounding, a young man to my hurt". What the Bible tells us is no one, NO ONE, gets away with anything on this earth. And every Word of God is true. We do not have to take Jodi's life, she did that to herself.

In time, she will know exactly what she has done. She will know she doesn't get a second chance. She will know its over. There won't be any interviews, no one coddling her. No attorneys spewing about appeals. It is over.

The jury did a good job. They convicted her of murder one with aggravation and they did right because she is guilty. Please do not hate someone because he/she could not vote for the DP. That may happen. It may not. But each person has to live with their decision. Once Jodi is over herself, she has to live with what she did.

For Travis, the trials of his life are over. He is with the Lord Jesus. I am just praying his family will now go forward in peace knowing this is over for CFJA.

Yes your right, they did convict her of the first two charges. But now the family and everyone involved in this sordid murder will have to go through this all over again. And isn't she still in Estrella until that happens? She is not in her real home??? I don't know, she looked quite elated and with the mounds of evidence, 5 long months, now this.
In my mind all along I was thinking sure case of DP and never thought it would be a hung jury.

BBM=I am right there with you.

This is unlike me, because my first instinct is the say "stupid jurors, WTH??", but I want to hear what they have to say before I say disparaging things about the jury.

Like I said in an earlier comment, I am confused because they convicted on murder 1 AND found the murder cruel or heinous. Both of those things screamed "DP". And they were "death qualified" or whatever you call it. DID the DT or Arias herself touch a juror somehow?? Seems unlikely, but I sure do want to hear what they have to say.

Originally Posted by deedee21
Please goggle HLN Emai scroll down to email jodi sent to Travis' employer. Did this come out in the trial. I just saw this now for the first time. All I could think was I cant wait for her to go to Perryville.

I did read about this during the trial, it was something along the lines of 'don't believe what everyone is saying, innocent until proven guilty' hogwash.

Edited to add the email:

Quote:
I am writing this letter in regards to Travis Alexander, whose life was taken last June. He was a good friend of mine. Am also, at present, in custody as I am being charged with his murder.

I am not writing this solely to plead my own innocence. That goes without saying -- as Travis meant the world to me and I would never harm him.

It is my understanding that his memory will be honored and recognized in Las Vegas this September. I would humbly remind those who say any different -- that I am innocent until proven guilty.

It is with a spirit of humility that I would ask that if I am in any way referenced during Travis' memorial at the team breakout, that my implied innocence is taken into account.

With humble gratitude,

Jodi Ann Arias

That's just so weird. She thinks about things that no one else would ever think about during being in jail for horrendously murdering someone. Like, I don't know, not being able to live with yourself after doing such a terrible, terrible thing. Oh, I forgot, it was just a "mistake," according to CMJA! :facepalm:

Yeah but she WAS convicted. Of Murder 1. That doesn't change. There is no mistrial on THAT.

Worst case scenario is LWOP. I know the family wants the DP but either way Arias is in jail for the rest of her life.

I thought the jury was deciding life or death. LWOP or possibly of parole after 25 years is up to judge. I could see where some jury members wouldn't want to take a chance that ckja could theoretically be out in 20 years. (with credit for time served)

On June 20th there will be a Status Conference. The County Attorney, after talking to the jury, will decide whether to retry or let her give a plea - according to a discussion on the news on Azcentral: http://www.azcentral.com/live/?event=052313-jodi-arias
They said that if the jury was split 11-1, they would most likely retry, if it was more evenly split, they may decide to cut their losses and not retry and offer her a plea deal.

Not sure they have to offer her a plea. All they have to do is take the DP off the table and then JSS would sentence her to life with or without parole. No plea deal needed. She would only agree to life with parole after 25 years anyway.

I would also like to take a moment and say that just because one does not get the sentence they believe is warranted does not mean justice is not served. It is pretty arrogant of us to sit in judgement of a jury who have given nearly 6 months of their lives for this case to bring Travis's murderer to justice. By all accounts they have taken this job very seriously and worked diligently. According to AZ law the appropriate punishment for murder 1 with aggravating factor(s) is DP or Life. Justice is served. In many states there is no DP so justice can be served with a life sentence. :moo: :moo: :moo: :seeya:

I wonder, statistically speaking, whether younger or older are more likely to say "yes" to the death penalty, or if it's pretty even. Theoretically they all were able to give death if it came down to it.

I would have to say "no" to being on a death penalty jury, but those who have given the go-ahead must be able to carry it out!

It would be interesting to see those statistics. I wonder if they're available anywhere. If I had to guess I would say that older people would lean more towards it, and younger people against.

This is unlike me, because my first instinct is the say "stupid jurors, WTH??", but I want to hear what they have to say before I say disparaging things about the jury.

Like I said in an earlier comment, I am confused because they convicted on murder 1 AND found the murder cruel or heinous. Both of those things screamed "DP". And they were "death qualified" or whatever you call it. DID the DT or Arias herself touch a juror somehow?? Seems unlikely, but I sure do want to hear what they have to say.

I think there was a juror that was not really dp qualified.H
either he/she just didn't understand it, or he/she lied. My understanding of dp qualified is that even if a person has moral or religious objections to dp, that they would have to put those beliefs aside and follow the law.

Question: will the new jury be able to take Jodi's media interviews into account?

jury foreman just on gma (bald guy) was split on penalty from the moment they started deliberating ...Jodi didn't do any favors by being on the stand ... not much more very short interview

jury foreman just on gma (bald guy) was split on penalty from the moment they started deliberating ...Jodi didn't do any favors by being on the stand ... not much more very short interview

I just read (missed the interview) that he felt TA was mentally abusive to JA.

K

I think there was a juror that was not really dp qualified.H
either he/she just didn't understand it, or he/she lied. My understanding of dp qualified is that even if a person has moral or religious objections to dp, that they would have to put those beliefs aside and follow the law.

Question: will the new jury be able to take Jodi's media interviews into account?

I had understood if you have a moral or religious objection to the dp then you would not be able to be dp qualified as you would not be able to render that verdict if need be.

Interesting that it does not work that way!

K

Which one was the foreman? We only have local news on right now.

I just read (missed the interview) that he felt TA was mentally abusive to JA.

K

I hope he hears the story about how Travis told Skye Hughes that he couldn't break up with Jodi because she would kill herself. When Skye laughed and said she is not going to kill herself, he said, "you don't know that. And I could never live with myself if she did."

Travis was not abusing her. She was mentally abusing him.

Thank God they got murder 1 right.

So the jury has started giving interviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostlyDarling