Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know my opinion isn't popular, but I think the best outcome for the family -gods bless them- is to agree to a LWOP plea/no interviews. Let her be away away away and quiet.

Heal, honor your lost and beloved brother by living the best life you can, adhere to your faith, be loving to each other and know that your God loves you. Always and unconditionally.

Peace and coffee y'all.

Couldn't agree more, seattlechiquita! After watching the Perryville video, I am convinced LWOP in that hell hole is worse than death. If this can be achieved, with no parole or appeals, it would be a great victory for the Alexander family. The vagaries of a second mini-trial are too risky - everything loses its luster the second time around.

Mark my words, the murderess will be begging for the DP after a couple of years in Perryville~

Look, I'm on YOUR side. I wanted her to get the DP yesterday. I hate her, I think she's a cold blooded killer. But the fact remains, Travis could have EASILY walked away from her numerous times and chose to continue on with the sexual aspect of their relationship long after the stalking behaviour started. Yet he didnt. Is that an excuse for what she did? NO, absolutely not. But I can totally understand why some older generation people can see why that is considered emotionally abusive.

That ^^^ is how my DH feels. He thinks she should have gotten the DP or at least LWOP, but he also feels that Travis was in the wrong for staying involved with her after they broke up. He feels that Travis knew how cray-cray she was, and he should have cut it off totally, no more contact. No more 'friends with benefits', and should not have called her so many vile names, because that only added fuel to the fire.

There was another case involving a woman going on a long freeway ride from Colorado to I think AZ?? death spree where she hid gas purchases etc. to kill her ex and his new wife also featured on 48 HOurs. I have been thinking Jodi possibly got ideas from that case. The woman almost got away with that crime and without her daughters testimony against her may never been convicted.

that victim was a friend of mine from high school. it took 10 years and her father's ENDLESS efforts to bring that case to trial---and he managed to get it on '48 hrs' which helped in that effort immensely.
her daughter would have testified years earlier if given the chance. the DA in topeka didn't think the case could be proven, and it took a new DA to finally decide to go with what they had----and he was successful.

karen's dad just died about 2 weeks ago. her mother died of alzheimer's several years ago and never saw justice for sweet karen, but harold did. he was a real hero for his daughter.

Although it would be in my 'entertainment' interest to be able to watch some additional weeks of trial, I really think they should just work out a plea. I would say LWP with no appealing of the verdict. Both sides get something there.

Why LWP? She would serve at least 20 more years, maybe more. With no significant history of violence or criminal behavior in her past (before Travis, of course), there is no apparent reason to think she would be a danger to society at that point. The posters that say she is just a bad seed, an evil killer, and was probably headed out to kill someone else when she was arrested are basing that on very little, IMO. Until she met Travis, she was just a normal person with perhaps a mild personality disorder. Having some jealousy issues, having trouble breaking up and letting go, perhaps telling more lies than the average person--this is not the stuff of a psychopath. She was not a serial killer, or someone who tortures and kills a child for fun.

That said, I also wouldn't have had a big objection to a DP verdict, either.

You won't get many to agree with you. She is a danger to others. She was asked if she was let out would society need to worry, and she basically said as long as you don't abuse me you have nothing to worry about. We know Jodi's definition of abuse is so liberal, anything negative is perceived as abuse. She still won't even admit she committed a crime!

All things considered, today I feel kinda like sparring and :waitasec: and :slap: and :pullhair: and :bigfight:

Can someone talk me out of this, please.:facepalm:

Is Molly33 going to share even one reason why she feels premeditation wasn't proven?

Another thing I've been wondering about, was June 4 the first time Jodi was violent with Travis? Clearly this is all speculation but I have to wonder.

NO, they were not. it was like TA was ranting to nobody at all. which even made him sound worse.

there was much, much more to that string of texts than we saw in court, i believe. and we never saw what SHE was saying. why?

it's the same as those emails between TA and the hughes. no context whatsoever and yet they were allowed in.

Thank you for your reply, KS. My thoughts exactly. The whole conversation should have been allowed in or nothing at all. They are 'conversations' and value-less without context.

Will they be contained within the unsealed documents?

but the "abuse" by Travis was fictional and there was no evidence to support it.

There was the problem of the many vile and disgusting names he called her. That is a problem for the state, imo. I totally understand WHY he called her those names, but it still is 'proof' that he was very rude to her at that point.

You and I both know that she did something horrible to make him react like that, but the jury was never shown what she did to make him call her those things. And that was a problem for Juan, imo.

Do you think this murderer would agree to LWOP and waive appeals ? For some reason I do not believe she would.

I dont see her agreeing to anything that offers her something that she can never walk on. I do think KN and JW will try to convince her to accept an offer if its given to her because I doubt they want to go through this again with the hideous one either.

I disagree. She is nothing like the vast majority of the other inmates. They will hate her. Despise her. Women in prison are far more brutal than men. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? You think so? I tend to think if she were in the general population JA would have a whole entourage people who would be "almost famous", making her bed for her, and doing her laundry. Carrying her journals for her, listening to her BS.

But I don't think she will be in the Gen. population for quite sometime. Isn't she basically in solitary?Not in the hole- but- I wonder if she got any demerits for her media junket?

JM is going to HAVE to find a way to frame those emails and text messages in context including what SHE did to deserve it.

ITA, otherwise TA could appear very volatile for no reason in these messages, and her responses to his attacks were syrupy passive/aggressive.... There is DEFINITELY a reason TA was so furious.

All things considered, today I feel kinda like sparring and :waitasec: and :slap: and :pullhair: and :bigfight:

Can someone talk me out of this, please.:facepalm:

Me too! Me too! I am feeling all sorts of emotions today. :stormingmad:

Hear that?.......That's the sound of silence. The convict is isolated in the slammer and the world sounds and looks beautiful again.

Ahhhhh.......

Disagree totally.
It really should NOT be the families decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously if you think about it, the Alexander family has already received more than a vast majority of victims of murder. People are murdered every day, many never receive any closure. Hey I know, I had a best friend murdered in 1983, no one has ever been charged. This stuff happens all the time. You are right when you said Jodi is holding power over them, they need to just let go, otherwise it will destroy their lives even more. The looks on their faces yesterday, only one word comes to mind and that is vindictive. And before I get slammed for that choice of word, here is the definition

vin·dic·tive
/vinˈdiktiv/
Adjective
Having or showing a strong or unreasoning desire for revenge.

Really, other than the defense being horrific, Jodi most likely would have got off with better council. Mathew Winkler was shot in the back but Mary got off.

that victim was a friend of mine from high school. it took 10 years and her father's ENDLESS efforts to bring that case to trial---and he managed to get it on '48 hrs' which helped in that effort immensely.
her daughter would have testified years earlier if given the chance. the DA in topeka didn't think the case could be proven, and it took a new DA to finally decide to go with what they had----and he was successful.

karen's dad just died about 2 weeks ago. her mother died of alzheimer's several years ago and never saw justice for sweet karen, but harold did. he was a real hero for his daughter.

WoW cornfed...JUst WOW unbelievable how screwed up that case was!
So glad the dad saw justice!!

I think Jodi got ideas from that case and thought she could get away with it!

There is no evidence of abuse, only blowups...

I don't care what the jury foreman said...

I tend to say done and never put a question mark where God has put a period.

No one has said it's done, only postponed. So I am not sure how God has spoken through any Jury.

The Alexanders have said on TV that they want to watch her be executed. I supposed I come from a family that doesn't want to support a killer on their dime, and believe fully in Capitol punishment for a crime as heinous as this.

After this long of an uphill battle by the Alexanders, caving for LWOP, as you suggest would not be just and his family does not seem like they will back away from ANY challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove