Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason, that video made me realize how mad I am at them.

I take back most of what I said before.

Well, holy moly, with the exception of a few this jury is old !!! I wonder what part of this jury is a jury of CMJA's peers?

Maybe jurors should have to take IQ and logic tests before being accepted.

Thank you for your reply, KS. My thoughts exactly. The whole conversation should have been allowed in or nothing at all. They are 'conversations' and value-less without context.

Will they be contained within the unsealed documents?

Well, see this CMJA creature is very, verrrryyyy sneaky...and what she did was she kept most of her side of the story verbally OVER THE PHONE, so there is no record of exactly went on and what started it and what the conversation was. That's pertaining to the May 26 text. Didn't she say that it started over IM on the computer, then it went to phone, and then finally I think what happened was that Jodi went into stubborn mode, got off the computer, prob. hung up on him over the phone, and so he was resorted to letting her know his side and unleashing on her thru text. That is the story there.

As far as the e-mails, I don't know why those weren't allowed in.

Look, I'm on YOUR side. I wanted her to get the DP yesterday. I hate her, I think she's a cold blooded killer. But the fact remains, Travis could have EASILY walked away from her numerous times and chose to continue on with the sexual aspect of their relationship long after the stalking behaviour started. Yet he didnt. Is that an excuse for what she did? NO, absolutely not. But I can totally understand why some older generation people can see why that is considered emotionally abusive.

Generational or not, a lot of people equate sex with emotion, and some might also be persuaded by the DT's argument of "abuse".

I think that aspect of their relationship shows that there was some emotional "exploitation" going on with both of them. Not emotional abuse though, at least not on Travis's side. But I can easily envision the murderer using a lot of emotional blackmail tactics with him.

Perhaps jury foreman thinks that this telling interview will help the defense strategy during next phase, he could very well have been for life.

Don't keep CM on the stand too long,
and some of us jurors believed the emotional abuse.

Guess what the DT will put much focus and energy on in the next go round...

IMO

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that they won't be retrying the whole case... just the penalty phase.

All things considered, today I feel kinda like sparring and :waitasec: and :slap: and :pullhair: and :bigfight:

Can someone talk me out of this, please.:facepalm:

I feel the same way....like someone finally hack sawed my last nerve! I need to go work outside but even that's not cooperating because it's raining again. All I've done today is let the dog in and out and frankly, that's asking too much today. Sometimes I think I need a doggie door, but then I remember folks come through those unannounced. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I'd take knock knock jokes or anything to help get me out of this foul mood.

She admitted to self defense. That's what she admitted to finally.

It's a complicated case. That's all I can say without writing a book.

IMO

Self defense, by stabbing him in the back over and over and over again!

Well, holy moly, with the exception of a few this jury is old !!! I wonder what part of this jury is a jury of CMJA's peers?

The answer to that is this was not a jury of her peers. This was a jury of people who could have been her father or mother. I don't understand why that is allowed.....shouldn't it be a fair mix of ages?

The defenses goal going in was only to spare her life. They reached it. In their line of work LWOP is a huge victory!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose that's true, although I didn't speak to that one way or the other. I'd argue, however, that LWOP was their fallback position. The defense they chose was more suited to a Murder2 verdict, and that was their real hope until their witlesses :giggle: came unglued.

For Jodi, I have no doubt that she was certain she could captivate at least one juror and there would be no conviction. She probably believed that there was a chance for acquittal, but that the most likely outcome would be the state's acceptance of her original offer.

I think it is very fortunate that they got M1 and extreme cruelty.Glad they didnt hang in those stages. I hate it this happened but thankful it got as far as it did. Karen Swift and others remains were discovered over a year ago and no one has even been arrested. At least they have the perp and brought her to justice. And a murder1 conviction is justice. That seals her fate. Dead or alive.

Kimster's Pet Peeve #2:

Calling our fellow members trolls, or insinuating they are trolls.

If you are guilty of this, better edit or remove your post before I see it because you'll be on the outside looking in REALLY fast.
:saber:

Hear that?.......That's the sound of silence. The convict is isolated in the slammer and the world sounds and looks beautiful again.

Ahhhhh.......

Has the Sheriff offered any explanation as to why Jodi is in seclusion? I'm surprised that she isn't fighting this. Will this last until the end of another trial when she's finally carted off the big girls' house? I don't think she'll like it there. :moo:

It SHOULD matter because a jury should be allowed to see ALL THE EVIDENCE, IMO !

- She just SLAUGHTERED Travis 29 times, slit him throat from ear-to-ear, and shot him in the head --

-Then she buys a 9 mm, is preparing to "go on the run" and is found with a 9 mm and KNIVES packed in the "getaway car" --

- And the jury is NOT allowed to see or hear this ?

:waitasec: "Our legal system" is BROKEN and needs a SERIOUS FIXIN' !

It favors the murderer and NOT the VICTIM !

:moo:

The reason they try to control the evidence is because they don't want a Jury that is so inflammed, biased, and corrupted it can't think clearly about the evidence.

There was a time when those types of pictures would not even be shown to a Jury because they were too inflammatory. They would just be described by the ME to the Jury.

Now the whole world sees them, and the whole world wants someone to pay--including the defense witnesses.

It will be a sorry world if we can't call witnesses in our defense because they fear for their careers and their lives from an inflammed public.

i think what has to be changed is no more televised trials.

IMO

Really? You think so? I tend to think if she were in the general population JA would have a whole entourage people who would be "almost famous", making her bed for her, and doing her laundry. Carrying her journals for her, listening to her BS.

But I don't think she will be in the Gen. population for quite sometime. Isn't she basically in solitary?Not in the hole- but- I wonder if she got any demerits for her media junket?

:seeya:not to jump in the middle of your conversation, but have you ever been around teenage girls!! They can be very brutal, women can be brutal.

She is going to be in a crowd of people just like her, immauture, and no conscience of right and wrong! They all want to dominate. Watch some prison documentaries, this wont be easy peasy... now that she has made a name for herself, yes there will be some followers, but she will be a target for the ones that want to make a name for themselves...

You know how when people get degrees, and get knighted, or get oscars and their name changes with their new title?? Oscar Nominee... or Oscar Winner.....
for example Presidents always keep their titles. And, JA will always keep her title too- Convicted Murderer JA. :jail: Doesn't that sound great?

For now justice for travis may have to wait. :banghead:

God bless the Alexander family, and Travis, JM and DF
and god bless -The 8 poor jurors who voted DP who are now most likely putting more and more pieces of the puzzle together. :-(
I hope they start sharing.

and on another matter...can you believe the family in the grand canyon? wow too weird. really.

Did you watch the same interview I did? he said NOTHING about domestic abuse. NOTHING!!!

This is JMO and MOO :

He bought ALL of JA's lies, IMO ... he may not have said that exact "word' -- but he BOUGHT IT ALL, imo !

The jury foreman DOWNPLAYED IT when he was interviewed because he knew what kind of backlash he would get ...

And he ought to be ashamed of himself !

:moo:

I know my opinion isn't popular, but I think the best outcome for the family -gods bless them- is to agree to a LWOP plea/no interviews. Let her be away away away and quiet.

Heal, honor your lost and beloved brother by living the best life you can, adhere to your faith, be loving to each other and know that your God loves you. Always and unconditionally.

Peace and coffee y'all.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I agree completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3