Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about some updates for those of us who can't tune in to the show?

After Skye told Jodi off and told her to leave the house, Jodi sat at the Hughes' kitchen table and kept talking for an hour. Jodi then finally left with Travis and Travis is torn between the Hughes and Jodi. The Hughes were afraid of Jodi so she was not allowed at their house. The relationship between the Hughes and Travis was strained after that.

Next...the stalker email.

After Skye told Jodi off and told her to leave the house, Jodi sat at the Hughes' kitchen table and kept talking for an hour. Jodi then finally left with Travis and Travis is torn between the Hughes and Jodi. The Hughes were afraid of Jodi so she was not allowed at their house. The relationship between the Hughes and Travis was strained after that.

Next...the stalker email.

Sky to Chris: "Get this thing out of my house!"

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Jodi gets an anonymous stalker email.

"You are so talented and I have been watching and following you. Travis doesn't deserve you. Travis takes you for granted. Travis can't protect you from Arizona. You will be mine."

Skye laughs after hearing it. Travis believes it is a real email. Skye tells Travis that Jodi wrote the email to try to get Travis's sympathy.

How about some updates for those of us who can't tune in to the show?

He is telling the eavesdropping story in great detail. EVeryone listening in the chat is utterly chilled. I hope you can hear it later, because it is in details that he could never get out in the 3 minute snips on Dr. Drew. Sky Hughes threw JA out of the house that night. They actually thought that JA might have set the house on fire that night. Went and got the kids. He has never seen evil like he saw that night. After Sky said they had to leave, it hurt their relationship with TA. JA wouldn't leave thst night, sat in the kitchen for an hour. Just so bizarre and evil.
Then JA later came up with the fake stalker email that JA supposedly received saying someone was stalking her, that Travis didn't deserve her. Travis believed the email, Sky Hughes burst out laughing. TA couldn't believe JA would make that fake stalker email up.

Jodi gets an anonymous stalker email.

"You are so talented and I have been watching and following you. Travis doesn't deserve you. Travis takes you for granted. Travis can't protect you from Arizona. You will be mine."

Skye laughs after hearing it. Travis believes it is a real email. Skye tells Travis that Jodi wrote the email to try to get Travis's sympathy.

OMG. He was so naive. Poor guy. And poor Sky too. She couldn't save him from Jodi.

TB, if you were a betting woman....how long do you think it will take for them to reach a verdict?

tumblr_mm9p9urh8F1s6lq96o1_500.jpg

I don't think it is going to take them long at all.

Keep in mind one of Juan's death penalty cases came back guilty of 1st degree in 15 minutes.

I would say before lunch but a lot of juries seem to like to come back shortly after lunch.

If they decide to go over the evidence before taking a vote then it will take longer. It all depends on the jury, nobody really knows.

A clue from previous juries is coming to court dressed up on the day the verdict is read.

Chris Hughes says tires slashed Dec 2007 twice. Then Lisa's tires get slashed. Lisa was freaked out, asked TA to stay. Next morning anonymous email to Lisa: "You're a *advertiser censored*, You had a priesthood holder in your house overnight, you call yourself a Mormon" all very freaky stuff.
Says Travis said "hey guys, if I ever turn up dead one day, Jodi did it"

Is this anonymous letter verbatim?

No. I can't keep up with the exact words. We need Mike! Ha!

Lisa gets an email that was most likely from Jodi. Travis says he didn't want to sit across the table (on a date) from an axe murderer. He also tells the Hughes if he turns up dead that it was Jodi.

No. I can't keep up with the exact words. We need Mike! Ha!

Lisa gets an email that was most likely from Jodi. Travis says he didn't want to sit across the table on a date from an axe murderer. He also tells the Hughes if he turns up dead that it was Jodi.
I just tuned in then.

Jodi is so pathetic with throwing herself a "prayer vigil" knowing that people who love Travis are having one now. Well there is a HUGE turnout for Travis along with prayers pouring in from all corners of the earth.

As for Jodi, well I'm praying for her too, praying she gets the death penalty. She is thoroughly despicable!!

Quite the contrary. That thing is an evil seducing spirit and needs not any make up or even use words to speak in order for it to do what it does. JA was throwing that thing off all while she was on the stand. Heck, she's been doing it sitting at the defence table. It's a spiritual thing.

It's not a spiritual thing. It's a BRAIN thing. Jodi Arias is missing a crucial "microchip," for lack of a better term. She is lacking the neurological connections that permit humans to form real attachments with other humans. She cannot form empathy. She cannot form remorse. For her, the closest she can get to relating to another human is via sex.

Please don't give her more power than she has. Most people---particularly those now deciding her fate--are NOT taken in by this mysterious trait you seem to believe she possesses.

She's not a magical enigma. She is an evil woman, and most sense this. The jury has a particular advantage: she TOLD them she killed Travis Alexander. They heard her ridiculous defense of the indefensible. They saw the horrendous photos of her handiwork and her duper's delight as she looked at them through her fingers and hair. They observed her in court, day after day, not only showing NO remorse, but showing disdain---for her victim, for the prosecution, for the family, for HER family, for the jury.

She is not a seductive siren. She's a now-homely woman who managed, for a short time, to conceal her personality disorder sufficiently to form a handful of superficial relationships in which she exploited others. She no longer has her platinum hair and waxed brows and glowing tan and makeup, Brazilian, and mani-pedi. She no longer has the ability to transform herself, chameleon-like, to complement the people she wishes to be with. (Many found this to be very creepy; but you're right that mirroring can be flattering and draw some--the vulnerable---in.)

Don't sell the jurors short. She's nothing special. She's just a garden-variety psychopath. And when this brand of evil is revealed, MOST want nothing at all to do with it. (She may have a cadre of followers; many on Death Row or with LWOP do. It doesn't mean she's special; it means they have holes in their own souls they don't know how to fill---and sadly, are looking in the wrong place.)

It just means that the jurors who've seen the vast weight of evidence against her---who've heard her OWN admission she slaughtered Travis Alexander and seen the horrendous, monstrous photographs---deserve more credit than you seem willing to offer. They don't need to be led by anything other than good common sense.

He's about to give his interpretation of the May 28 texts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams