Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. Nurmi was going for manslaughter, which involves provocation. what provocation? the only person who says he went all incredible hulk on her, naked, from a sitting position in the shower, is HER. there's NO other evidence of provocation except from her mouth that would cause her to 'snap'.
that's not ever going to fly. she came armed to do what she did. i feel confident they get it.

Same here. I was reading most of the night last night and had HLN on in the background and the defense attorney on there, Darren something or another (I can't recall his last name at the moment), he said that the fact they didn't come back with a verdict last night was a small victory for the defense. Huh? They deliberated for less than an hour and I wouldn't be surprised if they did no deliberating at all. The bailiffs had to take them back there and explain things to them, like picking their hours and such, then I'm sure they picked a foreperson. There was likely no time to deliberate. The only defense attorney who I like on there is Joey Jackson. He gets it. I can tolerate Monica Lindstrom, but after she gave Juan a C on his rebuttal yesterday, I may have to put her on the mute list.

I think she will be found guilty of 1st Degree Murder and always have. Yesterday when Juan made the comment that if this were not premeditated, why did her paper trail exist in every state except Arizona? That was a powerful statement, IMO and one that cannot be overlooked or easily explained away.

Yes. And then when she met Travis she researched the Mormon Church and the Blood of Atonement ritual. Too bad she can't receive the same punishment meted out in the Salem Witch Trials!

[video=youtube;zrzMhU_4m-g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g[/video]

Same here. I was reading most of the night last night and had HLN on in the background and the defense attorney on there, Darren something or another (I can't recall his last name at the moment), he said that the fact they didn't come back with a verdict last night was a small victory for the defense. Huh? They deliberated for less than an hour and I wouldn't be surprised if they did no deliberating at all. The bailiffs had to take them back there and explain things to them, like picking their hours and such, then I'm sure they picked a foreperson. There was likely no time to deliberate. The only defense attorney who I like on there is Joey Jackson. He gets it. I can tolerate Monica Lindstrom, but after she gave Juan a C on his rebuttal yesterday, I may have to put her on the mute list.

I think she will be found guilty of 1st Degree Murder and always have. Yesterday when Juan made the comment that if this were not premeditated, why did her paper trail exist in every state except Arizona? That was a powerful statement, IMO and one that cannot be overlooked or easily explained away.

I am with you and kscornfed on this...

Just watched Juan's closing again.

Did he really say the only word in the English language she doesn't understand is "no"?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Wow - anyone notice Jodi Arias getting the smackdown from the guard while reading something with the MIT Spec or is she JW's paralegal - not sure. JA ends up folding up the document and handing the woman a black and white speckled notebook which she (MIT Spec or Paralegal) walks away with and puts in something away from the defense table.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SWtISPw4rjE#t=88s

When that cellphone went of when Nurmi was speaking it got me thinking...
(dangerous I know!)

I believe FIRMLY that the jury will find JA guilty of Murder 1.
IF a cell phone were to go off right after the pronouncement of guilt, what would you hope the ringtone is?

Here are a few of my ideas to get you started:
Killer Queen
Another One Bites The Dust
Time by Pink Floyd
Tainted Love

or for Travis and family:
Calling All Angels
We are Family

Obviously I don't want anyone in the courtroom to do this... just for fun.

Add this one to the list, just for the twist of irony. The stalker will now be watched by the State of Arizona:

[video=youtube;pFKCGnkR8Xw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFKCGnkR8Xw[/video]

BTW, if you're a fan of Sting, this concert in Berlin is magical.

I agree, especially since Sky Hughes said on Dr D that when she encouraged Travis to break up with JA Travis told her JA said she would commit suicide if he did.

ETA: It may have actually been after they broke up and Sky was encouraging Travis to cut contact with JA because of all the hassles she was causing him.

If I remember correctly, it was when she encouraged him to break up with her

Just watched Juan's closing again.

Did he really say the only word in the English language she doesn't understand is "no"?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

She couldn't use that word.

It violated The Law of Destruction, or Execution... or something like that.

I agree.

Plus I keep in mind that JA covered the BIG things (gas, cover story of Utah, no receipts in AZ) thinking that would be enough to never be suspected.

If no one ever looked at her for the murder, the other things would have never come to light - hair color, gas can, receipts for more gas than the car could hold, etc.). JA thought she was SO SMART she would never be suspected. If not for the photos and handprint in blood, she may have been right.

Juan was right "THANK GOD Travis had that camera!" (which earned him a scathing look from JA! :floorlaugh:

Any guess on what Jodi will have Donavan tweet for her after she gets her M1 conviction?

If she asks for the Death Penalty now I'd say she was trying to manipulate the jury into giving her LWOP. I don't care what she says .. put her to death. Every single word out of her mouth is a manipulative lie designed to hurt as many people as possible and to continue her own ability to play her little games. Put her down, in the meantime isolation is the only way to stop her.

Also, Donovan .. come on girl! Enough.

She's allowed to waive the mitigation portion of the trial if she choses. If she opts for a mitigation hearing to tell the jury she wants death then I say give it to her. She apparently missed Christmas when the commissary cart passed her by and this could make up for that. :rockon:

I believe she was kicked out of a friend's place before she moved to her grandparents. Also, during the police interview with Jodi's mom, she told the detective that Jodi has mental problems and they had to convince her to come back home to be close to the family. Yet, Nurmi is allowed to tell us that she left Messa solely on her own free will to get away from Travis.
If I were on the jury and for some bizarre reason we arrived at a verdict other than murder one, I would be infuriated that this information was kept from us.

Wow - anyone notice Jodi Arias getting the smackdown from the guard while reading something with the MIT Spec or is she JW's paralegal - not sure. JA ends up folding up the document and handing the woman a black and white speckled notebook which she (MIT Spec or Paralegal) walks away with and puts in something away from the defense table.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SWtISPw4rjE#t=88s

TOTALLY missed that! Thanks! I think he wants to take her to the cell and after she gives back the papers she just sits there and pours a cup of water
:stormingmad:

And what expression or reaction will Jodi have when the M! sentence is handed out? I will be watching her face very closely. I hope she goes bonkers and they have to use that taser belt she is wearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member