Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU SIT IN THAT CELL ALL DAY AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE DONE YOUNG LADY!!!

:rockon:

Since I dont think she is capable of remorse I think she will sit there and think of ways she could have did this crime differently.

Wow - anyone notice Jodi Arias getting the smackdown from the guard while reading something with the MIT Spec or is she JW's paralegal - not sure. JA ends up folding up the document and handing the woman a black and white speckled notebook which she (MIT Spec or Paralegal) walks away with and puts in something away from the defense table.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SWtISPw4rjE#t=88s

But she still took her own sweet time packing her coloring books up.

The paper they were actually reading together she put in the folder she kept at the table. The black notebook is probably her "trial notes for her lawyers", you know, being Enstein and all...

ETA: IMO they should have had a guard right by her the whole trial with all her note passing, pencil hiding, etc.

Ok, that makes sense - just seems weird she wouldn't leave it on the table for JW to take with her rather than give it to the MIT SPEC who walked off with it. I need to check other video footage to observe how this same notebook is handled at the end of court -- if there is any footage -- this was rare.

Yeah, I don't know what's going on but my hinky meter is on high alert - what was in the notebook and why would Jodi Arias hand it to the MIT SPEC instead of just carrying it out herself? This seriously bugs me.

It really doesn't matter any more. Her fate is in the hands of the Jury. She may have been writing some lie in order to beg for her life. She may have written another page in her manifesto. She may have a new doodle she would like to sell. Doesn't matter what it is, she can't do anything now but wait to hear her fate. Please don't let it bug you.

I think it looks bad -- beyond bad -- (bad for her, good for justice) that Nurmi addressed the gas can/Walmart thing in the way he did. This jury has shown through their questions that they are smart and nothing gets past them. She plainly said on the stand that she returned it to the same Walmart. We've seen the video proving such. She didn't want it found out that she bought and kept the gas can because she bought it to fulfill her plan to murder Travis, if it were bought for any other reason, she would have NO reason to lie about it. Furthermore, it proves she lied to them and if she lied about that, she probably lied about everything else, including the abuse and pedophilia. Murder in the 1st Degree. Case closed. :twocents:

I would agree that Nurmi actually made it worse. If I was on the jury I would be insulted that I would not remember what JA said on the stand (when Juan made such a point of asking her where she returned it) and that based on Nurmi's word I would think - gee, maybe she did return it to another Walmart. I would bet a lot of money that the DT checked A LOT of Walmarts on her drive path to see if ANY had that gas can returned for cash. If she HAD returned it, the DT would have gleefully produced proof.

To me, I have always seen little things that happens as a good sign. Finding a lucky penny on the ground or seeing a butterfly are all good things to me. So I have hoped for signs that this case will end in Jodi getting the death penalty.

Well, let me tell you, I got the ultimate in lucky pennies today!! I got a 1890 indian head penny in my change from wendy's. It is 123 years old!!! Come'on lucky penny, bring us the verdict that jodi deserves!

Attachments

• DSCN2229.JPG
    DSCN2229.JPG
    246.5 KB · Views: 39
YOU SIT IN THAT CELL ALL DAY AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE DONE YOUNG LADY!!!

:rockon:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

(unfortunately, we all know she will likely just sit there thinking of how everyone else is to blame!)

The only defense attorney who I like on there is Joey Jackson. He gets it. I can tolerate Monica Lindstrom, but after she gave Juan a C on his rebuttal yesterday, I may have to put her on the mute list.

I think she will be found guilty of 1st Degree Murder and always have. Yesterday when Juan made the comment that if this were not premeditated, why did her paper trail exist in every state except Arizona? That was a powerful statement, IMO and one that cannot be overlooked or easily explained away.

Love me some Joey. If I can't get Juan, I'm going for Joey.

When Nurmi was droning on and on and on producing receipts all over the place to prove Jodi didn't make a stealth trip, I was thinking Ok smartypants, whatcha gonna do when you finally get to Arizona and you've run out of paper.

:floorlaugh:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/05/03/was-jodi-master-manipulator?clusterId=1303#videoplayer

This one is interesting from yesterday .. I agree with the guy at the end that says Jodi is driving her defence and her lawyers have tried to give her good advice but she refused to take it .. Nurmi must haaaate her, I don't blame him or Jennifer for that.

Also I think this trial is a continuance of why Travis called out Jodi in those texts .. I think the reason is before us, she was threatening to use the so called sex call recording to accuse him of being an abuser, a pedophile, and to expose him as sexually active with her .. he countered with threatening to expose HER, and that exposure would ruin Jodi's chances of conning anyone else in PPL or the Mormon church. He knew what she was.

This...is what I believe as well...

Ok, that makes sense - just seems weird she wouldn't leave it on the table for JW to take with her rather than give it to the MIT SPEC who walked off with it. I need to check other video footage to observe how this same notebook is handled at the end of court -- if there is any footage -- this was rare.

I think the few times I have seen her leaving the court she usually takes her "note books" with her. I am relatively certain she wouldn't be allowed to cart them back and forth every night, so maybe she normally gives them to lawyer in the back room?

Love me some Joey. If I can't get Juan, I'm going for Joey.

When Nurmi was droning on and on and on producing receipts all over the place to prove Jodi didn't make a stealth trip, I was thinking Ok smartypants, whatcha gonna do when you finally get to Arizona and you've run out of paper.

:floorlaugh:

No kidding...when it REALLY counts...:facepalm:

I do wish in JM's rebuttal yesterday he would have put her testimony about the gas cans where he asks if she returned to the same walmart and she says yes on the overhead, and then said:
'well we definitely know which table to shine the spotlight of lies on, JA and her Defense Counsel have now lied to you.

The thing that pisses me off is that Nurmi knows she said that. And by objecting to it several times, he's trying to convince the jury she didn't. If anyone has a doubt, they can get the transcript read back to them, but it was a cheap move on Nurmi's part to act like JM was wrong about that.

Shocker, I know!

So I'm watching JM closing argument and I notice JA is frequently making faces at things JM is saying.

I'm just curious if anybody who was in the courtroom that day commented about whether or not the jury was watching JA at all during JM's closing argument.

Is there a time limit for the witnesses that speak during the Mitigation phase? If JA speaks, she doesn't have 18 days again does she?

Somehow, Zuri, I don't think that will be a problem... Somebody in the courtroom would proclaim her guilty, sentence her to death, & kill her right there in the courtroom. Case Closed. lol.

Wow - anyone notice Jodi Arias getting the smackdown from the guard while reading something with the MIT Spec or is she JW's paralegal - not sure. JA ends up folding up the document and handing the woman a black and white speckled notebook which she (MIT Spec or Paralegal) walks away with and puts in something away from the defense table.

Hadn't seen this video. What I got out of it was that Nurmi wanted to be ANYWHERE else but in that courtroom. Absolutely no interaction with him and JA. Conversely Juan looks very upbeat, even laughing. He keeps looking at someone in the gallery--NG? Is the bearded dude in the white shirt JSS' boyfriend?

It really doesn't matter any more. Her fate is in the hands of the Jury. She may have been writing some lie in order to beg for her life. She may have written another page in her manifesto. She may have a new doodle she would like to sell. Doesn't matter what it is, she can't do anything now but wait to hear her fate. Please don't let it bug you.

Thank you Mare - she's as slippery as a snake so I wouldn't put anything past her but like you say - the jurors have her fate in their hands and soon she and everyone else will learn what that is. I just cringe imagining the whole conversation thing being a ruse ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member