Verdict Watch 05/04/ and 05/05/2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that whole show and did not realize that was Jill. WOW That was a great episode and a well done show. I was first convinced the guy was guilty until they showed more of the interrogation. It is so sad when LE bullies people into admitting guilt.

Not sure how the victim ended up with alleged wounds that looked like stab wounds but those type of police tactics are inexusable. What is really sad is the LE person still thinks he did nothing wrong. The person was obviously not mentally able to handle that and he obviously did not know he could ask for a lawyer it seems. He was bullied into it and it was sad.

HLN is airing it again at 5:30 am on my cable provider on the east coast.
If I am still up... (probably will be.. I feel ill over this verdict watch)
I will watch it. It is rare for me to find one I have not seen!

Not that it matters much by now, but I am appalled by how Jodi and the defense team were allowed to get away with so much nonsense and unprofessionalism inside and outside of the courtroom.

-Weve seen outrageous gestures and actions in the courtroom (laughing, smirking, flipping birds, etc.).

-Weve had friends of DT witnesses laughing and cheering on their witness and even admitted to by the witness.

-Weve had tweets alleged from the defendent with put downs of the prosecuter

-Weve had the defendent working with someone to sell merchandise for profit and she is the one accused of the murder. It seems laws were written to try to prevent this sort of thing.

-Weve had lying on the stand and proven to be lies by both defendent and their witnesses

-Weve had purposeful delaying of the trial (years before it starts, mystery headaches, mystery schedule problems with witnesses, etc.)

-Weve had a ton of taxpayer money spent (milllions) and some would say a very poor job for all that money spent

The list goes on and on. All I can say is I am very disappointed there was not more control of the courtroom and the DT in this case. There was a total lack of control. And even in a DP case, there needs to be a certain level of control. This has been a circus IMO.

it baffles me - even all the TH attys have said they were surprised, and they also included all the non relevant testimony she allowed like w/ jodi's life story and AVL going on so long, they said the ahd never seen a judge allow all that in, plus all the leading question by attys and they even said they don't know a judge that would've allowed nurmi to sit that way - but i guess the bright side of this is when jodi receives her conviction, said the judge allowed EVERYTHING in for the DT, there won't be any grounds for appeal (hopefully) imo

Juries are inherently unpredictable. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Murder 1 but won't be surprised if we see a Murder 2 compromise verdict. I will be pretty surprised if the verdict is manslaughter, and I will be really surprised if she gets off scot free.

:tantrum: I read this on the legal thread a few minutes ago, and now I really can't sleep!!! I don't see how any juror with half a brain can see this as anything but Murder 1, Premeditated. But on the other hand, the CA verdict taught me that I shouldn't ASSUME all the jurors have common sense... Still haven't gotten over that verdict... :stormingmad:

Depending on which part of Aus you are in though ;)

hey now do not confuse me! lol

Australia has more time zones than I realized!

eta: I just should board a plane and fly there...
ya know... to get it right!
(maybe walk the bridge and then head out for parts unknown!)

TxProfessional and ScottishCarole: Here's the blue and elephant story
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9051928&highlight=elephants#post9051928

Thank you so much for finding the thread.

Oh my goodness, how emotional that was to read. A truly amazing story.

Thanks again really appreciate it. I had searched through a lot of posts but just couldn`t find it.

It`s 8.40am here......hoping and praying later on today we get a verdict......the right one of course.

I saw the video of her dragging her thumb in a slicing motion across her throat when JM was talking. Unbelievably scary what must have been going through her evil mind at that point.

Shocking.

hey now do not confuse me! lol

Australia has more time zones than I realized!

Then I won't tell you that Western Australia doesn't have daylight savings but the east coast does which means even in Australia the time difference between the states change. I always google 'Sydney time now' or 'Perth time now' if I want to call relatives.

:

on the other hand, the CA verdict taught me that I shouldn't ASSUME all the jurors have common sense... Still haven't gotten over that verdict... :stormingmad:

I agree.......I have never quite got over that verdict either.

And I never knew about WS site then either.....I wish I had as most people I know never watched the trial like I did, so didn`t quite get it as much as people on here would have.

I would have had somewhere to vent......lol......other than my poor DH.

Not that it matters much by now, but I am appalled by how Jodi and the defense team were allowed to get away with so much nonsense and unprofessionalism inside and outside of the courtroom.

-Weve seen outrageous gestures and actions in the courtroom (laughing, smirking, flipping birds, etc.).

-Weve had friends of DT witnesses laughing and cheering on their witness and even admitted to by the witness.

-Weve had the defendent working with someone to sell merchandise for profit and she is the one accused of the murder. It seems laws were written to try to prevent this sort of thing.

-Weve had lying on the stand and proven to be lies by both defendent and their witnesses

-Weve had purposeful delaying of the trial (years before it starts, mystery headaches, mystery schedule problems with witnesses, etc.)

-Weve had a ton of taxpayer money spent (milllions) and some would say a very poor job for all that money spent

The list goes on and on. All I can say is I am very disappointed there was not more control of the courtroom and the DT in this case. There was a total lack of control. And even in a DP case, there needs to be a certain level of control. This has been a circus IMO.
I would love to see the known perjurers brought up on charges--won't name names, but we know who they are. Nurmi and Willmott have no control over their client inside or outside of the Courtroom. She's running a sideshow from her jail cell and is calling the shots in the case. Though I absolutely despise the defense strategy for this case, I hesitate to say that Nurmi and Willmott did a bad job defending her. They put on a rigorous (albeit chock full of lies because it's all "according to Jodi) defense and she was afforded every opportunity to present her case. What matter's most is what an appellate court would say after she's convicted. I don't want them to point to anything the DT did or didn't do and find that Jodi didn't get a fair shake. Even if they couldn't control Jodi's behavior in court, her attorneys should have been more cognizant of their own behavior, especially considering the gravity of the situation.

I agree with you. I was very disheartened to read the story about Travis's memorial with the headline "RIVERSIDE: Graveside vigil held for man killed by Jodi Arias" That was wrong. Travis is much more then the man killed by Jodi Arias and his name should be remembered long after she is locked up on death row. I hope after the verdict is read and the sentencing is handed down that there is no reason to ever hear that name again but I will think of Travis often and mourn what was lost and celebrate what was and know that he will live forever in the hearts of his family and those whose lives he touched.

i can understand, but honestly i am just glad the even covered it! i live in riverside county and no one knows anything about this case and it is never mentioned in the news whatsoever here and it just amazes me, this is his hometown, and they should be going out of the way to cover TA's story - i just don't understand :(

The stories Chris Hughes is recalling on Tricia's show are absolutely bone chilling! It's one thing when you hear them in court, relayed by someone else or read in an email but listening to someone who was there (Chris) & hearing what happened is really giving me chills!!

Just the one he told now about Jodi busting into Travis' GMail account; Jodi of course said they "shared" each others passwords, yet when Chris was going through Travis' email after his murder, there was one email that said "GET OUT OF MY EMAIL JODI, WE'LL TALK LATER", written by Travis. I've got the heebie jeebies! :scared::scared:

I'm sorry if this isn't allowed, but I thought you all should know about this:

This was on my Facebook wall, tonight:

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial
UPDATE: United we contacted Dior regarding Arias' copyrighted 'art'. Dior responded and are meeting with lawyers to issue a cease and desist notice. If she doesn't comply, legal proceedings will commence.

Well done Team Travis. It was this page who first posted the violations and you all took action - like the time we stood united against eBay. We did it again!

And I never knew about WS site then either.....I wish I had as most people I know never watched the trial like I did, so didn`t quite get it as much as people on here would have.

:Welcome1: :seeya: :Welcome1:

The CA verdict still stings, but I'm cautiously optimistic about this jury.

The stories Chris Hughes is recalling on Tricia's show are absolutely bone chilling! It's one thing when you hear them in court, relayed by someone else or read in an email but listening to someone who was there (Chris) & hearing what happened is really giving me chills!!

Just the one he told now about Jodi busting into Travis' GMail account; Jodi of course said they "shared" each others passwords, yet when Chris was going through Travis' email after his murder, there was one email that said "GET OUT OF MY EMAIL JODI, WE'LL TALK LATER", written by Travis. I've got the heebie jeebies! :scared::scared:

Apologies if this is a silly question and really obvious......but is there anywhere to listen to this outside of the US? I have seen it mentioned a couple of times and would love to listen to it if I can.

:Welcome1: :seeya: :Welcome1:

Aww Thank oooo :seeya:

also how jodi use to wait outside bathroom doors for TA, that jodi would get mad and pout if TA didn't have eye contact w/ her, breaking into TA's accounts and phone and send emails a messages to herself so it looked like TA sent them and sky said in an interview how jodi had to be on TA all the time and stroking him, sucking on his ear (even in church) and would freak out if he walked in another room - and i have a feeling that might be just the highlites imo

I agree with your points. There definitely should have been more control in the courtroom. The defence team got away with far too much and I think the judge should have been much stricter. I understand she did not want to have any reason for a mistrial and the cost of that would have been a factor but look how much it has cost already. I may be old fashioned but I don't believe the defendant should have been allowed to sit there drawing and writing through most of the case. Also the twitter thing is unbelievable. I hope when she goes to prison all profiting from "Artwork" and all twitter postings will end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove