Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So disappointed that we haven't heard anything. And to someone else's question/discussion upthread, CA verdict destroyed my faith. I'm terrified....

I disagree on both points. I don't think ANYONE thinks the DOG wrote that message himself.

And I don't think the owner is exploiting his dog. Guide dogs go everywhere with their owners and they wear identifying signs anyway. It wasn't a highway sized poster board. I'm sure that dog is his life. Dog owners(pet owners) know that bond is special and unique, others don't understand and it may not be possible to understand. But it's not exploitation at all, IMO.

But it does add to the circus like atmosphere around this trial because if I were the family of the victim I do not think I'd think it was funny or even cute. Maybe it's just me. I'm sure the person meant well but sometimes the media has to use their common sense and draw the line somewhere. We are on a forum and stress reducers are welcome here because we really need it sometimes but when the media is constantly accused of a circus-like atmosphere why help contribute to it.

Still no verdict? I think they might want some of the testimonies read back to them.

No, I haven't. I will look for the interviews by Tricia here.

Truthfully, Travis Alexander's murder broke my heart, made me afraid for the "boys" in my life that I love, made me fearful for young men in general.

I do no think that I have made it past anger (in the five stages of grief). Travis Alexander was brutally murdered. He was butchered to death - in a manner that would not be an accepted form of killing in any realm (for instance, our military could not murder a person that orchestrated the killing of innocent people in the savage manner that Arias murdered Travis Alexander, a person guilty of the most heinous crime would not be subjected to the merciless, brutal, and savage slaying that Travis Alexander was decimated with at the hands of Arias).

I think that it is wonderful that Travis Alexander has so many people that want to talk about the kind person he was. Sometimes I feel as though Hughes used Travis Alexander in life. I get the impression that Travis Alexander wanted to please people - even if it meant that he made himself uncomfortable. I do not know how comfortable Travis Alexander was playing "Eddie Snail," but I think that if Travis Alexander had a mother - Eddie Snail would have been different. Travis Alexander as Eddie Snail, to me, looks like a person that has no idea how to be raunchy or mean - but is trying really hard to please (others).

We all need people in our lives that love us - want the best for us - have our best interests in mind - protect us - help us.

I'm angry that Travis Alexander was murdered - as so many people are. Not only was her murdered - he was tortured and slaughtered.

Thank you for the suggestion. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to reply to my post, and, for the suggestion. - I will listen to it.

Yes listen to it Thurston, you may come away feeling a little differently, I know I did.

I agree I don't get the Eddie Snell alter ego , either.

I go to a local Mexican market and get a brand of whole jalapenos called Embasa. They're pretty hot, not thermonuclear hot but hot enough.

I make my own - jalapenos and vinegar are cheap, you can make lots for a few dollars. They seem hotter to me because they aren't as "cooked" as the canned kind. I make candied jalapenos too.

OK, so every verdict I've ever been waiting for has come while I was in my car...I have to go out tonight @ about 6:45 ET, so you can expect a verdict around that time.

That's what happened with the CA verdict for me and I almost drove off the road in shock!

I'm trying very hard to work from home today and tomorrow, but I can't do it every day, which is why I want a swift verdict (I know, selfish reasons, as everyone has a different schedule they are working around) - I definitely don't want to be with a client when the verdict comes in.

All weekend, I've been watching videos on YouTube of people getting convicted. LOL. Every time they read the name, I just mentally replace it with Jodi Ann Arias. I'm officially insane now.

Even if as a juror, I was completely convinced of guilty, I'd like to review evidence....videos, videos, texts, transcripts.

BBM

^ So glad you said this RadarLuv. I often think of Deanna and how hard it will be for her when Napolean passes away. I know because, following the death of my mother, I inherited her beloved chihuahua. When he passed away 6 years later, not only had I lost a dear pet that I loved and adored, I felt as though I had also lost the last remaining piece/part of my mother.

JMO ~

Can you just see travis talking sweetly and calmly with caylee as she skips thru heaven chasing butterflies.

So last night in honor of Cinco de Mayo I cooked tacos. I ate nearly a half a jar of jalapenos on them and they still weren't hot enough! I guess I just haven't found the right brand of jalapenos.

The brand I use, which is hot :hot::hot: , is Trappey's jalapenos. Now I am hungry for some nachos.

I know this is a dumb question but....

I'm trying to sign up for text alert at WAT but every time I enter 33733 into the text number to call, it auto-inserts a hyphen after the 7 (like if it was storing a 7 digit phone number) and then it can't be sent. I don't have a smart phone, just the old kind.

Does anybody know what I mean and if there's any way to do it or any email verdict alerts?

Thanks!

I sent to both WAT and CBS. I got a text back confirming my CBS request, but nothing from WAT. Maybe try the CBS one?? Maybe someone else can be of further assistance to you. Text BREAKING to 23765, even if it add the - I would try to send anyway.

I hate the thought that if it doesn't happen today, we have to go through all this wait again tomorrow. Time is ticking away.... :(

It was wonderful last night to hear Chris Hughes say that he and Sky got into Travis' email and read, every single exchange between he and Jodi, thousands of them, and over the years, NOT ONE, not one mention of abuse, pedophilia, etc. He also said that in all of the years of exchanges the only time Travis ever spoke to Jodi in the manner he did that Nurmi has quoted and ALV used as her proof of abuse, was on the one day, the day he was done with her.

He read that Jodi told Travis in an email she denied stealing his journals and she denied to him that she is the one who slit his tires. So we know that he did accuse her of those things.

I wonder, since it was Gus that gave Jodi that phone, the Helio that the sex was recorded on, if indeed Jodi told Travis, that perhaps since it may be on his account, too, that although she physically lost the phone, she worried that Gus may somehow have access to the recording, if his account backs things up, etc. We do know from his interviews that Gus was telling her, look Travis is just using you for sex, while he is dating the Good Mormon Girls who are marriage material. You are being used, etc. I also noticed that he seemed to loathe the Hughes and Travis. It would not surprise me at all if he told her, why don't you record him , and share it with the potential future wives. Since Gus worked with him, Travis would consider Jodi having gone to stay with him for a weekend and discuss a Travis, in any way, quite a betrayal.

I agree with Chris, it was some sort of blackmail about the phone sex. I think the jury, gets it.
Now, that's what the jury needed to know. :banghead: ( your first 2 paragraphs)

I made dinner. Teriyaki pork and fried rice. Now MR Red is on the phone lecturing my oldest DD. She is a mess.

While we are all hanging out posting here, Juan is back in his office working on his other cases!

I'm sure he appreciates the jury giving him a break for the defendant for a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rose2024