Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot that the Scott Peterson jury took 7 days... God forbid it goes on past tomorrow, but the thought of Laci ultimately receivng justice gives me comfort. I hope tomorrow is the day!

My fortune cookie a few minutes ago read: "You will soon be sitting on top of the world."

That I like!!! :please:

Poor NG, that's the best backdrop the producers could find?

This is OT, but I wanted to come here to let you all know that 3 girls that were abducted 10 years ago in Cleveland were just found alive -- held captive all this time. Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus and another. I am in shock! (Cleveland native here)

Amazing news!!!!

If i were on the jury, I could easily decide that she is guilty of murder 1. What I would be more uncertain about is whether or not it was a felony murder. That's mostly because I only started following this case a few weeks ago, and I don't understand the definition of it. I do believe it was premeditated. So...if I were on the jury, it would take some discussion for me to decide which way to vote: premeditated or both.

I look at the 10 AM start two ways. The are emotionally exhausted today, and need a good night's rest, or they are very close to a verdict, so why bother coming in so early tomorrow.

The jury instructions are clear as a bell...pre-med M1 or felony M1-either one works. The jury doesn't even have to be United on that one.

Remember this guy...

After many months of testimony, it took his jury nearly 44 hours...

But they got it right....

And look where he is now...

:rose: We will never forget you Laci and Conner! :rose:

I think it's entirely possible that the jury reached their decision today ... And are taking tonight to "sleep on it".
This is a huge decision to make - a life is on the line (even murdering liar Jodi) ... so makes sense to me that they would take the evening to contemplate, make sure they have no lingering doubts, and then announce they've reached a verdict soon after they return tomorrow.

Reported that they left 1/2 hour early today & coming in tomorrow at 10am instead of their previously scheduled 9am. That kinda plays into the "let's go home and sleep on it theory" to me.

Just a feeling I'm going on ... Sure hope it comes true. :)
Murder 1 tomorrow from this jury.

I thought they left on time today. No? Didn't they decide on 4:30?

Radar,

Is your avatar JVM in wilder days? She looks very scary!

SCARY?? Huh? She looks like a blast to me ;)

another round, anyone?

tumblr_ldfxgjYsdZ1qex40do1_500.gif

See you all here tomorrow for the guilty of 1st degree premeditation verdict we will hear around 11:30, after the fsmily , attys and press have had their notice and are in court.

Going now to hug my son, pet my cat, feed my husbsnd, and toast JM with a big glass of wine.

What I have grown to detest about Jean is she is the only one that sees the case one way when everyone else in the courtroom that is actually there and watching closely always has a different observation totally opposite of Jean's.:banghead:

And the way she chased after Cheney Mason. Reminds me of JVM.

I quite like the fact that the jury stated they would not be back until 10:00 tomorrow. If it were me, I'd be laughing about that fact alone. Think of how many times the jury was jacked around in terms of court time. It's about time they get to call the shots. I trust this jury.

Don't worry about the bears and tigers, if you have PTSD, it's a very smart question. Someone on that jury either HAS PTSD or has a family member or friend with PTSD. I have had diagnosed PTSD since 1989.

I will briefly try to explain it:

Bear in the woods attacks you: your triggers for PTSD would be sights, sounds or smells to THAT situation. The smell of the woods, rotten breath, woody dirt, blood, etc. The sights? Woods, bears, claws, and probably that particular time of day. Sounds, growling, snuffling, claws ripping, woofing noises that bears make. Physical, head being touched.

Tiger in the lowlands: Triggers: sight, black and yellow stripes, yellow eyes, water type trees and foliage, teeth, time of day. Smell, blood, large cat smell, water areas, blood. Sound, tiger noises, water bird noises, gnashing teeth. Physical, neck or body being touched.

Both are large animals, but they look, attack, and live entirely different. So PTSD sufferers would have entirely different triggers for either of 2 those events.

Tearing down both of JA's "stories:
Ninjas: afraid of strangers (both men and women), cameras, ski masks, guns, knives, showers, clicks, loud sudden noises, confined spaces, maybe even tile floors, specific bedroom furniture, her purse, TA's house, slasher movies, blood, being touched in the head, keeping her car registration in her purse..

TA attacking her: body slams, UFC, naked men, naked wet men, closets, lying or being touched on her back, someone trying to wrestle with her, floating shelves, someone yelling "I'll kill you, b**ch", cameras...

They're both attacks but the elements are different. Different triggers, different fears, noises, sights, sounds. So I kinda got into the ridiculous there on TA attacking her because the PTSD would be downright silly.

Hope this helps!

:woot::goodpost:

cant believe JC is allowed to speak on air,jmo but she seems to blow everything WAY out of proportion.

With her :dramaqueen: comment that's in stark contrast to Katie W's, JC has made sure that viewers will be glued to HLN for the evening. Not me.

It is possible they spent most of the morning and returned early from lunch because they were going over the jury instructions to make sure everyone understood them. I good foreman would insist, I would think. They also picked their foreman this morning. This is very emotional for many of them so I think they would take their time. jmo

One thing about being in southern California is that occasionally, you might see a celebrity. My brother once saw John Lithgow at a local stringed instrument store that went out of business a month ago, and my most recent encounter was seeing Leah Thompson at an archery range in west LA. She was there learning how to do archery for an upcoming movie, and she was actually really friendly. The first couple of seasons of Dexter were actually filmed on my street, so I got to see some of the actors from that show.

I think we might have a verdict tomorrow. :please: Praying for justice!

I don't care for JC because she is so negative and by inserting her comments about a juror possibly seeing JM outside signing autographs , she singlehandedly could have caused a mistrial and cost the state millions. She should be ashamed.

The one annoying thing about a long verdict watch is the thought JA is thinking she may have a glimmer of hope. She doesn't of course, but I don't want her to even have a thought of it.

I was thinking the exact same thing!

I pray the jurors decide on murder one, as the evidence that was not admitted into trial is over-whelming in itself. They will see this sooner or later.

The jury instructions are clear as a bell...pre-med M1 or felony M1-either one works. The jury doesn't even have to be United on that one.

They also can vote for both pre-med and felony. What I don't understand is the definition of felony murder. So if I were on the jury, I would want to discuss it so I am clear about the meaning before I would cast my vote.

I think there will be a verdict tomorrow. I kind of agree with Beth K that that is the reason they're not starting until 10 tomorrow. I don't give a flip what Jean C says. She always, always leans toward the defense.

My aunt was on the jury of a very high profile trial here in my county about 10 years ago. A group of girls murdered another girl who they were all upset with over a drug deal. They drove her out to a deserted field out in the middle of no where under the assumption they were having a bonfire party. They shot her and left her there. No one found her for over a week. They deliberated for 4 days, but found her guilty of 1st degree murder. My aunt said there were various opinions among them all, but they all pretty much agreed from the beginning that it was 1st degree. They all listened to each other and took it very seriously. In the end they gave her LWOP, not death. My aunt said it was one of the hardest things she had ever done in her life. She said she had nightmares throughout the trial and for months after it was over and said that if you ever have another persons life in your hands, no matter what horrible thing they may have done, you cannot fathom what it's like. I'm not worried at all and won't be until about 3pm Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member