Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 - part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth K. commented that the jurors looked serious, almost to the point of frustration. I hope the 'tiger/bear' person is not on the jury - they could end up being hung.

I thought she, KCL, and the court goers said they were smiling and chatty. ??

OH NO!!!!! Men in there 60's and 70's are the jurors!!!! BAD NEWS!!! My Dad is 64 and my granddad is 84. They have both watched the trial. Both lost interest in the "experts" testimony. Both said they couldn't put that lil girl to death. Both think Juan is disrespectful. Both say she wouldn't have done all that if she didn't have a reason to!

Im terrfied the jury consultants did there job just like in the OJ trial!

But if they would not put a "little girl" to death,they wouldn't ever be on a DP qualified jury

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OH NO!!!!! Men in there 60's and 70's are the jurors!!!! BAD NEWS!!! My Dad is 64 and my granddad is 84. They have both watched the trial. Both lost interest in the "experts" testimony. Both said they couldn't put that lil girl to death. Both think Juan is disrespectful. Both say she wouldn't have done all that if she didn't have a reason to!

Im terrfied the jury consultants did there job just like in the OJ trial!

Well, if it makes you feel better, my dad's 62, loves Juan and DETESTS JA.

Sorry if this was posted already. It was posted on Facebook on the "The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial" page.

"2011 hand-written letter from Arias to Judge Duncan, concerning the 'precarious circumstances of her legal defense'..." http://twitdoc.com/view.asp?id=9422...u2&doc=139833553&key=key-2gxotllz9sge8erm21fo

She really wanted Nurmi to stay on her case "whether he was first chair, second chair, or tenth chair". It took her a long time to trust him and they have developed a working atty/client relationship.... "He knows the defense strategy and how it needs to be implemented at trial."

Well yeah, Nurmi helped craft the pedo allegations, brought in ALV and RS and came up with the current theory (or should I say former theory since they moved onto "snapped" instead of self defense?).

Also she seemed to lee onto Willmott really well when she joined the team.

There are selected media persons, prisoner family if they choose to attend, victim family if they choose to attend, and possibly a clergy member for the prisoner.
NO video equipment, audio recorders or cameras allowed. The "viewers" are not allowed to take ANYTHING into the room with them.

Yes, that's what I thought and posted. The original poster was objecting to public executions and that confused me. It's not as if Arias will be taken to the town square for a public stoning.

:confused:

The jury took 10 days to decide David Westerfield was guilty of killing Danielle Van Dam....

And another thing. That position paper of Falsity's, traveling under the guise of a motion to the court by Kirk Nurmi. She wanted a guarantee for her offer to plead, or else. Every paragraph was insufferably arrogant and the language was straight from Falsity's lexicon. I guess neither one of them realised how laughable that offer and all of its suppositions would appear to a judge and a prosecutor. None of the "arguments" was in any way legal. Revolting. Nurmi should never have agreed to pen his name to that. No wonder he doesn't like her.

Charging her with Murder 1 does not automatically mean she needs to be sentenced to death. Plus, everyone is different and the jurors who had to look at Travis's autopsy photos and seeing his family cry in court every day might feel differently than regular folks who occasionally watch the trial. I know we are all terrified but putting negative viewpoints out there is not helping so lets try to stay positive. Anyone who paid any shred of attention knows Jodi isn't a "lil girl"

D we even know the ACTUAL ages of the jury members? SAYING someone is in their 70s doesn't mean they're in their 70s.

THANK YOU! I was panicked when I wrote that. I wasn't intentionally being negative, I think I was just needing a little reassurance and I'm sure this is the place to get it. This is so stressful!

Jean c said they looked like there was some conflict,beth k jumped in (thank god) and said they could have reached a verdict and are going home to sleep on it. Katie wick tweeted they were all getting into the same elevator and were chatty.

Personally I will disregard Jean c,I do not like her one bit

Sorry if this was posted already. It was posted on Facebook on the "The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial" page.

"2011 hand-written letter from Arias to Judge Duncan, concerning the 'precarious circumstances of her legal defense'..." http://twitdoc.com/view.asp?id=9422...u2&doc=139833553&key=key-2gxotllz9sge8erm21fo

Thanks for this I hadn't read it. She seems desperate, which makes me smile. I wonder how she feels now that she's seen him in action.

I would think it would be tough to argue ineffective counsel when she begged the court to keep him on. MOO

Beth K. commented that the jurors looked serious, almost to the point of frustration. I hope the 'tiger/bear' person is not on the jury - they could end up being hung.

Jean C said that.
Beth said it could mean they have already come to a verdict and are going home to sleep on it.
The jury isn't reporting until 10:00am AZ time tomorrow.

She did. All the regular court observers said that JC is wrong as usual, not BK btw.

Other observers disputed that claim too. JC is very irresponsible about what she does. Not surprising considering she has Baez on speed dial. :help:

(Hoping to NOT BLOW margins)

Thought I'd share with everyone what was on the front page of the paper on my drive today..

Pulled out paper opened it up & GUESS WHO??

View attachment 33471

It's DrD's Juror Katie! Article written by Shanna Hogan (author Picture Perfect)
Also our sweet KCL also pictured inside the article & quoted about supporting TA's family that they're part of an unfortunate 'club' of sorts etc.

It's The Valley Times May 2013 maybe able to view at website
www.timespublications.com

Awwwwww Katie is so purdy, and a class act too!

But if they would not put a "little girl" to death,they wouldn't ever be on a DP qualified jury

Agreed. She is a grown *advertiser censored** woman. And was so when she met, manipulated, and slaughtered Travis. NO LIL GIRL here!

To the posters who are anxious and nervous wondering why there was no verdict today, its alright. The Jurors sat there from Jan 2 until May 3 and took in everything. Jodi for weeks, ALV, Samuels, Dr G and Nurmi + Wilmott. We know how WE FEEL and we're not on that Jury. They have just begun a task that I bet everyone of them feels is one of the most important things they'll do in their lives. They will do the right thing, I can feel it. And Justice, this time, is coming.

I was thinking all day about these jurors...you know, here in TX I was called for jury duty in a criminal case & I was struck by the nature of the questions they asked to weed out potential jurors. They didn't want anyone who watches CSI, Law & Order, etc and they didn't want anyone who had personally experienced a criminal proceeding before or had a family member involved in one. Basically, they are looking for jurors who are "green" IMO - people who really aren't following crime news, people who don't really care about the levels that sleazy defense attorneys stoop to, people who really aren't versed in how the justice system works, people who don't really know that circumstantial evidence is key in any case...basically, they want jurors who are "wet behind the ears."

Just think what a different world this would be if only Websleuthers could be chosen as jurists...

That would be awesome IMO!

Needless to say, I was not chosen as a juror.

I feel you completely, have always felt that way. You thought your children were in danger but did nothing? It's just so hyperbolic. I don't doubt that he may look back now and think, "My God, she was in our home with our children," as would anyone. But his stories are just a little to self-congratulatory in terms of how deeply and intensely they fingered Jodi as a predator.

CH has creeped me out since his first appearance on DD. Listened to rebroadcast of Tricia's show last night and just don't feel it for him. Interesting to see I am not alone. Praying he is genuine to TA's family.

I implore you all to relax....please...this could go on for days...
and once verdict is in we have a loooooong way to go from there....educate yourselves on the process --you're a websleuther! Most questions are easily answered with a simple Google or Bing.
Its not about which lawyer is cute, or what talking heads are saying--its about facts/evidence. We got this :great:
:grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member