Verdict Watch 05/06/2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took it that way too, but still such an off thing to say; he should have never said it, considering the case was built on making Jodi the victim of an abusive peadophile who was only defending herself. I get what Nurmi was trying to do, but it would have been better had he said some thing like, 'look, you don't have to like her etc etc etc...'

I'm not a lawyer of any sort, but I would have left the 'nine out of ten days i don't like jodi' sentence on the cutting room floor due to its subtext.

All IMO, of course

JA's response was perfect. Some people like ALV, ALV and ALV could have seen that comment as abuse. JA proved to the jury she could take comments like that and even found them funny.

I may have to sue HLN for causing me to get PTSD. They are showing "shocking outcomes to high profile trials". (Think O.J.)

We don't need this right now! :furious:

:grouphug:

Continued prayers for the family of Travis Alexander and all who knew and loved him.

Prayers for a righteous verdict, hopefully today.

I just had a thought - acually one of SO many today!! You know how we all hoped Juan would use JA's words that if she had done this, she would beg for the death penalty? Could he use that in the penalty phase, when proving she does deserve the death penalty??

I cannot see how televising trials is beneficial to anyone involved except, possibly, to the the narcissistic, sociopathic defendant.

It allows citizens to see the judicial process. If there were no televised trials, most of America (even the rest of the world) would know NOTHING about how our judicial system works.

Look at how many questions have been asked thruout this trial on the workings of a trial....that is not something we learn about in school unless you go to law school. I took a lot of criminal law classes, but have never sat in on a proceeding such as this. I actually have learned a lot by watching this trial. For example: I never knew that during a closing argument, the other side could "object" to anything!

I fully support televised trials for this purpose!

I really want DP. I want it because jodi will have to be locked up 23 hours a day with no human contact except the guards. She will sit on death row for 10-20 years. This will give her time to think and dwell on the life she could have had, which will make her miserable. If she gets lwop she will still have human contact and get to rule the roost while in prison. She will still find her glory one way or another. I am praying for DP. Anyone agree? Disagree?

There is a solar eclipse ahead, opposite 19° Scorpio, dead bang on the Ascendant of the Murder chart, 19° Scorpio. This helps to explain why the civilised world is watching, the very broad interest. This degree is independently notorious as well, known as Serpentis the pest & terror to society. It characterizes the murder and the one committing it. Eclipses act ahead of the date they fall due; we are under the influence now.

Today, the Moon will conjoin Uranus, the disruptive factor discussed in the Submission to the Jury chart. It has shock value and it is also acting on the nerves of the defendant because it is found in her First House of self. She may be tranquilized but she feels the tension.

Thanks Tuba!! I don't always understand your posts exactly but I always feel better after reading them!!!! Love to read what you write!!!!! Thank you!:seeya:

I would love nothing more than a swift verdict. There's an old saying that a quick jury = a hanging jury, so I hope that after four months our jury doesn't need much time to reach a decision.

There won't be a basis for appeal based on the length of deliberations provided that the jurors adhere strictly to the Judge's instructions...so let's put this puppy to bed!!

I feel like I need a sedative and normally I hesitate to take even an aspirin!

I wish that was my problem! I just ate a handful of dried pasta noodles because I'm a nervous eater and needed something crunchy. WTH!

Oh you should have laid in provisions honey! :floorlaugh: I have barbqued chips, soda, grapes, cherries and frozen peanut butter cups. I'm working on growing another roll. :floorlaugh:

I took it that way too, but still such an off thing to say; he should have never said it, considering the case was built on making Jodi the victim of an abusive peadophile who was only defending herself. I get what Nurmi was trying to do, but it would have been better had he said some thing like, 'look, you don't have to like her etc etc etc...'

I'm not a lawyer of any sort, but I would have left the 'nine out of ten days i don't like jodi' sentence on the cutting room floor due to its subtext.

All IMO, of course

Some TH lawyers were saying that they have (or would) say that about an unlikable client. They don't want the jury looking at the defense lawyer and wondering "how could he defend that evil beast?" they want the jury to know it's a job and that the attorney probably doesn't feel a whole lot differently than they do about the defendant.

However the same TH remarked about Nurmi's complete lack of compassion for his client or his job during closing. They said for the the most part any decent defense lawyer can muster some compassion or even plain old passion for the jury, something Nurmi completely failed to do.

Probably because he just can't stand her, job or no job. And given the comparison to JW and the sorority sister BFF act I think I have more respect for Nurmi and his "I don't have it in me to pretend on this one" than JW's behavior.

Morning y'all...

Like many of you, not really sure what to do with myself. It's amazing how I can get so involved in something like this, and then when it's over...I forget what I was doing before! LOL!!

I am bored with pogo. I am bored with gossip sites. I am just BORED!!!

It would be nice to have a verdict today. Just for the closure for the family!!! I won't panic until say Thursday though. After that, it's gonna be like OK, who's the holdout? And what side are they on?

Anyway, will be watching my phone and reading here occasionally!!

Hope you all have a blessed day...you know, one blessed with a guilty verdict!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member