**Verdict Watch** 3-2-2012; deliberations started at 1016am

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally understand your reasoning but I really hope they dont do that. Jurors are expected to remain neutral and look at the evidence submitted only to determine if the case was proved BARD.

If they come back with a Guilty verdict I am going to believe each and everyone of them did so because the evidence entered supported that verdict. I am not going to believe the women found him Guilty based on their personal feelings or emotions as women or mothers.

IMO

I certainly understand what you are saying.....I agree and have said previously that I want him found guilty based on the facts. But I am hoping that because there are more women on the jury that they will fight harder in their belief that he is guilty because of their maternal instincts. Hope that makes more sense.

If I were on the jury, the thing I just couldn't get by was JY not having any contact with LE, especially his conduct that Friday night. The months turned into years and he NEVER once inquired about the investigation.

Also his giving up Cassidy would be HUGE for me as it points to guilt IMO. Why else would he want to avoid PE and questioning? There simply is no other answer than he is guilty as h*ll.

I had trouble sleeping last night.....I am a bundle of nerves.....I can hardly bring myself to eat..........I can't even fathom what Linda and Meredith are going through.

Please, please God, let there be justice!!

Yep! I agree to all of your post.

I think I may have solved our "getting lost" dilema...

Camera at HI is flipped up to the ceiling at 6:35. JY goes into the room, showers & changes into his dress slacks, white shirt & tie, and goes downstairs to get into his vehicle. He didn't eat breakfast there as he claimed during his testimony... IIRC he said it was continental, but the hotel said that day it was bagged breakfasts. The first phone call he makes is at 7:40 a.m. If you take that phone call as being made as soon as he gets into the car or shortly thereafter, which IME is pretty typical of a salesperson.. the moment you get into a car you start making calls... that's the time he was leaving the HI parking lot. According to googlemaps it takes 2 hours & 56 minutes to get from Hillsville to Clintwood. His appointment was at 10 a.m., he didn't make it. He showed up at 10:35.... 7:40 to 10:35 is 2 hours & 55 minutes... He didn't get lost!

Maybe it's not that he was lost but that there's time that was lost....you know, looking for a place to dump evidence.

I certainly understand what you are saying.....I agree and have said previously that I want him found guilty based on the facts. But I am hoping that because there are more women on the jury that they will fight harder in their belief that he is guilty because of their maternal instincts. Hope that makes more sense.

Makes perfect sense NCE. Good to see you by the way. I remember posting with you during BC. Women have a passion about these types of crimes and hopefully can bring that person to the forefront along with the evidence and make the men understand why they believe what they do. I agree 100%.

Is it normal (in other states) for a jury to go home for the weekend during deliberations? If I was a juror, I would want to get it done and behind me, especially while things are fresh in my mind.

The process is so artificial. "OK, now think." "OK, now stop." "Now start." "Stop!" And why can't they have the evidence in the jury room? They have to come out in public and ask for it and have the defendant and gallery watch them as they review evidence? I would not want people staring at me while I am reviewing and thinking. It's pressure that could intimidate them.

These rules are stupid. IMO

Would someone please, give me a recap of the message JY left for his wife. I cannot find it and I promise I have looked. Thanks.:please:

It was toward the end of the Defense's closing argument. Video was on JY alot during the playing of that message....if that helps you locate it.

I agree and as a woman and mother I think it would be hard to keep those feelings at bay. Those are natural instincts. jmo

It was toward the end of the Defense's closing argument. Video was on JY alot during the playing of that message....if that helps you locate it.

Thank you and I did find it. The message seemed to me to be pretty benign. I don't know why they bothered to play it. jmo

Off topic, But does anyone remember which Crackle Barrell Jason ate at?

If I were on the jury, the thing I just couldn't get by was JY not having any contact with LE, especially his conduct that Friday night. The months turned into years and he NEVER once inquired about the investigation.

Also his giving up Cassidy would be HUGE for me as it points to guilt IMO. Why else would he want to avoid PE and questioning? There simply is no other answer than he is guilty as h*ll.

I had trouble sleeping last night.....I am a bundle of nerves.....I can hardly bring myself to eat..........I can't even fathom what Linda and Meredith are going through.

Please, please God, let there be justice!!

But if you were a juror you have been given instructions by the Judge that you cannot hold it against JY for not talking to the police. Everyone has a constitional right not to speak with the police.

That is one of the problems of what can be weighed and what cannot. And I find 99% of jurors follow the Judge's orders.

IMO

On Insessions before, Sunny Hosten said she thinks there's not enough for a conviction. OK so now I KNOW I'm on the wrong side of the argument..LOLOLOLOL

But if you were a juror you have been given instructions by the Judge that you cannot hold it against JY for not talking to the police. Everyone has a constitional right not to speak with the police.

That is one of the problems of what can be weighed and what cannot. And I find 99% of jurors follow the Judge's orders.

IMO

And this is the biggest problem with the case. Telling the jury to disregard reality! I hope the jury comes through to tell the world that, in fact, the emperor is bare-naked, IYKWIM.

If he is found not guilty in this trial, he cannot ever been tried again....double jeopardy applies. He can get on tv or write a book and tell exactly how he committed the murder and they can't touch him.

They could get him on perjury b/c under oath in the first trial he stated he did not kill MY.

I missed the call ins by the two women. What did they say? Thanks.

I thought the man made a lot of sense but I sure hope the jury is not thinking that way but they may be.

IMO

The one woman the NG said she had followed both trials. Said she was watching the live stream in her area. She felt there was not enough evidense presented by PT. I was interested in why she felt the verdit should be NG so I listened to her more than the other lady who thought G. I agree with hoping the jury does not feel like the man's reasoning of NG.

They could get him on perjury b/c under oath in the first trial he stated he did not kill MY.

If they find him NG, which I dont think they will, but if they do, then he would not be susceptable to perjury charges.

IMO

IMO

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution protects a citizen's right to refuse to answer questions of the police during a criminal investigation. The exercise of that constitutional right may not be used as eVidence against that citizen later at trial to create an inference of guilt. Therefore, the defendant's decision not to answer questions by law enforcement officers during the criminal investigation may not be considered against him as evidence of guilt to the
pending charge.

However, that same fifth Amendment does permit the jury to consider the defendant's refusal to answer police questions to the extent that the evidence surrounding that refusal bears upon the defendant's truthfulness if the defendant elects to testify or make a statement at a later time. The evidence presented in this case tends to show that the defendant elected to testify at a prior trial.

Therefore, I instruct you that you may consider evidence of the defendant's refusal to answer police questions during this investigation for one purpose only. If, considering the nature of that evidence, you believe that such evidence bears upon the defendant's truthfulness as a witness at his prior trial, then you may consider it for that purpose only. Except as it relates to the defendant's truthfulness, you may not consider the defendant's refusal to answer police questions as evidence of guilt in this case.

I also instruct you that this fifth Amendment protection applies only to police questioning.

He has a right not to answer questions. So they can't hold it against him that he didn't answer questions of the police.

There is no instruction on the fact that he made absolutely ZERO inquiries about the case. He could have ... SHOULD HAVE ... called LE every freakin' day to see if they were any closer to finding his wife's killer .... imo

Just sayin'

Thanks for this...as I said the other day I am new to this case but following along....can you please tell me why other folks' luggage was in his car? TIA

Sorry to bump my question but have to go to work soon and wondered if anyone can answer this>? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeonGhostWolf