**Verdict Watch** 3-2-2012; deliberations started at 1016am

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confident that this jury will find JY guilty of first degree murder. I thought last night the verdict would come today after reading the judge asked if they wanted to start earlier than 9:30 and they declined..I really hope for my tummy's sake and for the Fisher's that there is a guilty of first degree verdict and that it's today. :)

I doubt this jury comes back with 2nd. I really do doubt it.

My gut tells me Guilty of 1st. But then again, my gut told me NG for Cooper. So, we'll see how good I am about predictions this time around.

Don't be offended but I'm hoping your prediction meter is way off. ;)

I'm trying to figure out how anyone can lose a shirt in the space of a few hours, contained in a hotel room - a shirt they were wearing, no less. What did he do, take his shirt off, clothes his eyes and throw it. Seriously, WTF?

LMAO!!! Maybe JY lost the shirt in one of those blinking moments!! OMG .. this is just too much for me, some refuse to use a little common sense Turadot!!

And it's his first sales call for this company, which he has just joined. Thirty-five minutes late. That's insane. No one does that if they care about keeping their job.

Which just shows that JYs priority in life was to kill Michelle. Who needs a job when you expect to collect $4M? After all, he was at the Hampton Inn in Hillsville sleeping. He thought this would be a slam dunk.

Yep! I agree to all of your post.

I think I may have solved our "getting lost" dilema...

Camera at HI is flipped up to the ceiling at 6:35. JY goes into the room, showers & changes into his dress slacks, white shirt & tie, and goes downstairs to get into his vehicle. He didn't eat breakfast there as he claimed during his testimony... IIRC he said it was continental, but the hotel said that day it was bagged breakfasts. The first phone call he makes is at 7:40 a.m. If you take that phone call as being made as soon as he gets into the car or shortly thereafter, which IME is pretty typical of a salesperson.. the moment you get into a car you start making calls... that's the time he was leaving the HI parking lot. According to googlemaps it takes 2 hours & 56 minutes to get from Hillsville to Clintwood. His appointment was at 10 a.m., he didn't make it. He showed up at 10:35.... 7:40 to 10:35 is 2 hours & 55 minutes... He didn't get lost!

They impounded the entire Explorer, which included his suitcase that his momma said never left the vehicle when he got to Brevard. Inside the Explorer was also the suitcases of his mom, sister & bil. No sweater or shoes to be found that were on the CB video & HI photos.... hhhmmm....

Thanks for this...as I said the other day I am new to this case but following along....can you please tell me why other folks' luggage was in his car? TIA

I doubt this jury comes back with 2nd. I really do doubt it.

My gut tells me Guilty of 1st. But then again, my gut told me NG for Cooper. So, we'll see how good I am about predictions this time around.

You said yesterday you would have to vote NG.
Would you hang the jury on 11-1?

Has it occurred to you that people might retrieve left behind articles of clothing just as you retrieved an item?
Yes, and the evidence of this is that the slacks are hanging in my closet. Where's Jason's shirt?

Has it occurred to you that people might retrieve left behind articles of clothing just as you retrieved an item?

Did you read my entire post? "I'm not saying people don't leave things like clothing behind from time to time, I just think in this particular case it just didn't happen. "

Oh goody, the foreperson is female.
I need to put a face in the #8 seat.

Anybody know the box configuration and how numbered?

Jury box is set up like this:
A1, A2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
A3, A4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

So, with the A's gone, it should be second from the left on the front row.

I personally would. But I don't think others, not so intimately acquainted with the jury system, would hold out.

The fact the foreperson is a women doesn't mean that much cause there are 8 women on the panel.

Do you think the Anthony verdict would have any effect on a Raleigh jury? If i were on the jury I would be concerned about coming back too soon regardless of the verdict. Maybe the average person in Raleigh isn't aware of the flack they got for not deliberating.

My opinion is that no, the CA verdict won't have an effect on the Raleigh jury. These people are not trial watchers, or they wouldn't have been selected for the case. While a huge thing for the justice system, and those who pay attention to it, the majority of the public just shrugged their shoulders and went on. Everything back to normal, and their lives aren't affected. *That's* why I don't think it will come into play for them.

I do think they'll deliberate for a while though. I think if they thought they'd be done today, at all, they would have come in early to try and get an early Friday, in my opinion.

Did you read my entire post? "I'm not saying people don't leave things like clothing behind from time to time, I just think in this particular case it just didn't happen. "

iow, you're just guessing without an basis of fact because neither Jason nor his defense team suggested he left anything in the hotel room.

Watching a verdict is kind of like watching for ice on bridges, you know it may be there but you are really not sure. I can more believe you can hear a verdict, rather than see one? Must just be me.

I noticed Klink this morning fanning, wiping his brow, adjusting his tie. It looked like he couldn't sit still. Even though I'm hoping for a G vote I feel for the lawyers on both sides. I wouldn't want those death images in my head or the weight on my shoulders.

iow, you're just guessing without an basis of fact because neither Jason nor his defense team suggested he left anything in the hotel room.
So then where is it? Where exactly did he lose it, in just a few hours time? I mean, it didn't walk off on its own and it's never been seen again. He misplaced it somewhere. A brothel, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966