**Verdict Watch** 3-2-2012; deliberations started at 1016am

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw somewhere only 12 1/2 hours... that didn't seem too long, IMO, with the amount of evidence to go through. But hey, the CA verdict was less than that:maddening:

Never mind my earlier question. I found it. thanks.

Based on the state's evidence 2nd degree by definition is not a valid choice for the jury.

Take the variation in sentencing b/w 1st, 2nd and NG, it falls as a compromise.

The jury is more likely to forget, or even happily disregard, the strict definition of 2nd when such a nice tidy compromise is in clear sight.

I think the Judge allowing 2nd indicates to the PT this is the last try. If hung JY walks forever.

I think G of 2nd degree. Now I have no logical reason to say this, but it could be a compromise for jurors if they are undecided. There is a reason JS has added the 2nd degree charge.[/QUOTE

I agree.....the jurors who think he's guilty, yet don't want/can't (for whatever reason) vote for first will have another option. I think second as a "middle ground" will aid/help some of the jurors vote guilty.

I think after Casey Anthony, they want to leave room. In Casey Anthony trial, they would have voted guilty on lesser charges, but our world has changed and people don't feel comfortable sentencing someone to death or life without parole. I also believe the CSI syndrome is real and there's a real problem where circumstantial evidence is nullified and they expect a smoking gun with a videotape to convict for first degree.

Can someone let me know what part of the testimony contained that voicemail recording that JY left MY on the morning of Nov. 3rd. I haven't heard it yet and I saw some discussion about it. Was it in closing? I want to hear it! THANKS!!

It was played yesterday in the DT closing. I forget which one, trying to make the point that he sounded like "normal Jason".... If you go back through the posts and can figure out the time people started talking about it you can go back to the closings with a pretty good idea when/where to look. I did that with a few other things.

I want the jury to see thru his deceitfulness, and lies and a GUILTY verdict for first degree...........

:seeya: Good Morning,

I see the jury is deliberating -- but is there any "live coverage" on the TV or net ?

TIA !

And let's hope the jury is questioning that too! Why the need for the change?! It's bed time! I wouldn't be so suspicious if he was in pajama pants & a sweat shirt (yeah I've done that a time or two at hotels to sneak a cig late at night).

I wouldnt give it a 2nd thought... I've traveled more times than I can count from RH, SC to Myrtle Beach, SC... Its a 3 1/2 trip.... Once I got there I always changed my clothes.... Everyone did....

I wouldnt give it a 2nd thought... I've traveled more times than I can count from RH, SC to Myrtle Beach, SC... Its a 3 1/2 trip.... Once I got there I always changed my clothes.... Everyone did....
Same here, and I change my clothes too once I reach point B, because I want to get out of the "car" clothes asap.

I don't follow your logic. Certainly highway mpg is better than city, but the numbers still don't add up. I'm actually quite impressed with the 20mpg. I once owned a 2005 Explorer and never averaged close to that. I agree with you though, I hope there are smart people on jury.

What the defense didn't add was that the Explorer would not have made it to Duffield from Raleigh either, especially with 30 minutes of drive time added because the poor boy got lost. The prosecution should have, maybe they did, pounced on this simple fact.

I should be doing something. Like cleaning the bathrooms. But here I sit, hitting refresh.

Yeah when I get to the beach I usually throw on my swimsuit, coverup & sandals and head down to the beach to soak up the sun and drink an adult beverage...

But when I arrive at a hotel at almost 11 p.m. in the evening after a relatively short drive and have to be up in the morning for a first time appointment with a new client that you shouldn't be late for, I don't go to my room and change into an outfit remarkably similar to the one I just had on and then go outside in inclement weather to stink up fresh clothes while smoking a cigar. MOO!

Speaking of being late to first time appointments... his googlemap or yahoo map or whatever was found in his car. He had the directions to the hotel clearly printed for him... how was he possibly 35 minutes late due to being "lost"?!

Why would you change your clothes that late at night? Important meeting next morning, oh yeah, he was late for that meeting, 30 minutes? Impressive and very interesting, don't you think.

Yeah when I get to the beach I usually throw on my swimsuit, coverup & sandals and head down to the beach to soak up the sun and drink an adult beverage...

But when I arrive at a hotel at almost 11 p.m. in the evening after a relatively short drive and have to be up in the morning for a first time appointment with a new client that you shouldn't be late for, I don't go to my room and change into an outfit remarkably similar to the one I just had on and then go outside in inclement weather to stink up fresh clothes while smoking a cigar. MOO!

Speaking of being late to first time appointments... his googlemap or yahoo map or whatever was found in his car. He had the directions to the hotel clearly printed for him... how was he possibly 35 minutes late due to being "lost"?!

Roads sometimes have detours that aren't seen on maps.

There is no evidence Jason changed his clothes. He may have added a sweater because he was going outside but nothing indicates he changed his clothes.

JMO

But everyone does things different.... Have you ever driven up in those mtns? I see nothing wrong with him changing clothes or getting lost... MOO

I am hoping the jury does not compromise. There is nothing to support a second degree. How would they justify doing that? I know they dont have to answer to anyone but it will leave the community wondering how in the heck they came to that decision.

I think it will be either be Guilty-Murder One or a hung jury.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member