**Verdict Watch** 3-2-2012; deliberations started at 1016am

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Know of any that are just a text when the verdict is in?

That would be extremely helpful!!! Anyone??? I once texted fellow WS'ers in the Chris Coleman trial, but I can't do that today. I'd be more than happy to do it for other WS'ers if we're waiting next week.

If it comes in today, I won't get to see/hear. Half day for the kidlets and we're going to lunch and to see the Lorax since it's Dr. Seuss' birthday.

With the 'acted in concert' possibility, I can't see how they could possibly settle on 2nd degree. A juror that has doubt because of the 10 shoes, prints, DNA or Ms. Beaver will be reminded that is not reasonable doubt, as long as you believe JLY was also there.

And let's hope the jury is questioning that too! Why the need for the change?! It's bed time! I wouldn't be so suspicious if he was in pajama pants & a sweat shirt (yeah I've done that a time or two at hotels to sneak a cig late at night).

Glad you didn't say cigar...:floorlaugh:

Ok WS friends....what is your prediction? If guilty, first or second?

I'm confident he will be convicted, but am trying to decide if I think jury will go for first or second.

Justice for Michelle Marie Fisher Young.....and baby boy Rylan.

Honestly, I will be quite shocked if they don't find him guilty, 1st degree.... Even post Anthony....

JMO

I pray for a 1st Degree Murder conviction as I firmly believe that JY premediated and carried out this act of murder. I am concerned though, perhaps because I'm still gun shy from the mess this past summer in sunny Florida!

I will not be shocked if it comes back NG or hung. There are so many confusing pieces of evidence (look how many posters here, including myself, have had to ask clarification about the shoes, the palm print, CY's diaper, gas mileage/distance, eyewitness confusion, etc.). Many WS'ers have been on this case since it happened and have had YEARS to dissect it, understand it, and obsess over it. These jurors haven't.

I agree.... I just watching it... I have read everything that I could also... And I have many many many doubts....

I pray for a 1st Degree Murder conviction as I firmly believe that JY premediated and carried out this act of murder. I am concerned though, perhaps because I'm still gun shy from the mess this past summer in sunny Florida!

Does anyone know how long the jury was out in the first trial? tia

ITA! At least hes practicing safe sex....

With who? MM & JY's emails back and forth thought it would be funny if the baby she was trying to conceive with her husband ended up being Jasons. That tells me they didn't use a condom.

Anyone know if MM & her husband are still together? I really feel sorry for him that he was duped by his wife and JY.

My bet is they were packed to use in out of town opportunities that presented themselves when he traveled. Wonder if there are others out there that encountered JY that we just don't know about.

Once again IMO the condoms are irrelevant to the murder of Michelle.

12.5 hours mck

(I posted an article on it upstream)

at ten hours they came out to the judge at 6 and 6 saying they were hung... judge sent them back and two and some odd hours later they hung at 8 and 4

12.5 hours mck

(I posted an article on it upstream)

at ten hours they came out to the judge at 6 and 6 saying they were hung... judge sent them back and two and some odd hours later they hung at 8 and 4

And was it 8 to acquit or guilty? tia

Does anyone know how long the jury was out in the first trial? tia

I saw somewhere only 12 1/2 hours... that didn't seem too long, IMO, with the amount of evidence to go through. But hey, the CA verdict was less than that:maddening:

Can someone let me know what part of the testimony contained that voicemail recording that JY left MY on the morning of Nov. 3rd. I haven't heard it yet and I saw some discussion about it. Was it in closing? I want to hear it! THANKS!!

And let's hope the jury is questioning that too! Why the need for the change?! It's bed time! I wouldn't be so suspicious if he was in pajama pants & a sweat shirt (yeah I've done that a time or two at hotels to sneak a cig late at night).

ITA MOO is that he wanted to be seen on camera as late as possible or was checking the monitor in the lobby to make sure the door camera was still disabled. He changed from casual clothes to casual clothes, not into jammies, but from a white shirt to a dark shirt. I don't think he planned on all the blood so he had to ditch the dark shirt, another pair of jeans or pants and his HPs. JMO.

The problem for me all along has been the trip timeline and gas.

DT did an excellent job of breaking down the math and making it easy for a juror to understand IMO.

1) To believe he made the trip from Raleigh to Hillsville to Raleigh to King JY would of had to get way better than 20 mpg or have to run tank to empty (22.5 gallons) to get his normal 20mpg avg.

2) There is no record of him getting gas after the King visit (theory), so he would of had to get 30 + mpg to make it to the gas station he actually stopped at later that morning.

3) He would have risked being caught on numerous traffic cameras on I40.

4) He would have risked stealing gas in King.

5) He would have had to average 65mph (risk speeding in portions of trip) to make the trip in around 2.5 hours.

6) If he makes trip in 2.5 hours, JY had 1 hour to strangle and beat MY to death, tear apart closets, throw around ebay and progress papers, grab jewelry, put CY in bathroom, probably get dog out of the way, change clothes, bag all dirty items, clean CY, drug CY, tie up loose ends at scene, and discard dirty clothes somewhere between Raleigh & Hillsville.

Combine all this with the fact that LE has NEVER been able to find a corroborating witness from King gas station (even though there was supposedly a regular customer present that witnessed the entire scene) and it adds loads of doubt.

ITA!!! I asked hubby if there was anyway he could have gotten 30+ miles in the FE and he said no.. 20 at the most....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmberHolland443