**Verdict Watch** 3-2-2012; deliberations started at 1016am

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge:

to find for murder 1,

1- JY intentionally & w/malice killed victim with a deadly weapon, if State proves JY intentionally killed victim with a deadly weapon and malice, then meets criteria.
2- State muct prove JY act was cause of victims death
3- State must prove JY intended to kill victim
4- State must prove premeditation - intent formed prior to act
5- State must prove JY acted with deliberation (a cool state of mind, fixed purpose, passion nor excitement nonwithstanding)

I got sidetracked when he went beyond this into "acting in concert" and murder 2 - what did he say?

ap_michelle_young_jp_120208_wg.jpg

:rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

Thank you for posting that. Over the past couple of days trying to catch up on this trial and finishing Ashton's book "Imperfect Justice" I realize that through all the evidence and all of the arguing, lost is the very reason this case is playing out in the first place....lost, somewhere in all of the legal maneuvering is a beautiful woman, Michelle, and her unborn baby Rylan. Hopefully, they aren't lost on the jury.

OT a bit, it's one of the things Ashton said in his book, through all the tricks and all the talking, people may have lost sight of the only reason they were in court those weeks, baby Caylee Marie.

May they all RIP :rose:

Will abc show a live courtroom all the time or just when something is happening?

fwiw I just checked abc11 and they are covering the other case currently (not sure about what they will cover as per this trial?)

A little twist on this, JMO the mere fact that JY chose not to testify at this trial, after hearing Ms. Holt point out that his only statements about the entire crime came after he had access to all the evidence, certainly would make me wonder as a juror why he couldn't bother to testify again. I know the judge says it can't be held against him, but a reasonable human is still going to wonder why. Seems to be a glaring issue to me, rightly or wrongly.

Well hi there Charlie!

I think some of the jurors will believe he did not testify because they already played his entire testimony from the prior trial.

While some jurors may have wanted to hear from him again I think jurors uphold their oaths and will not let that be a deciding factor when deliberating the case. Jurors do really take to heart what a Judge tells them they can do and not do. They try to put aside issues they are not suppose to discuss.

JMO though

Anyone know of a verdict-text available just for when the verdict is in? (I don't want a hundred tweets about anything and everything going on, just one text for the verdict!) TIA!

JMHO the condoms in the suitcase don't mean a dang thing about the events of November 2nd & 3rd and have no relevance in the murder of Michelle Young.

JY traveled several times during October... to Orlando to have sex with MM, then onto Denver, then Winston-Salem for the wedding, and then somewhere else right before MY was murdered. When you travel so frequently, you do tend to have certain things packed in your bag that you don't remove. He just happened to have things at the ready for having sex outside his marriage. I think HC just mentioned it to reiterate that JY was no longer emotionally involved or physically involved in his marriage. MOO.

JMHO the condoms in the suitcase don't mean a dang thing about the events of November 2nd & 3rd and have no relevance in the murder of Michelle Young.

JY traveled several times during October... to Orlando to have sex with MM, then onto Denver, then Winston-Salem for the wedding, and then somewhere else right before MY was murdered. When you travel so frequently, you do tend to have certain things packed in your bag that you don't remove. He just happened to have things at the ready for having sex outside his marriage. I think HC just mentioned it to reiterate that JY was no longer emotionally involved or physically involved in his marriage. MOO.

I suspect you are right about some things just being left in a travel bag. It is infinitely more interesting and informing, in this case, the items that were not found in his travel bag. :)

My thoughts and prayers are with Linda and Meredith Fisher and Cassidy. I can only imagine the anxiety and stress they are dealing with waiting for Justice for Michelle and Rylan. I hope the jurors understand the instructions and can look at each piece of evidence and circumstantial evidence and they can connect the dots and they find Jason Young "Slayer" Guilty of Murder in the First Degree.

I suspect you are right about some things just being left in a travel bag. It is infinitely more interesting and informing, in this case, the items that were not found in his travel bag. :)

Absolutely!!! A dark sweater with a light stripe, those darn elusive hushpuppy shoes... and of course jeans! Where are those pesky things?! Probably blew off in the 20+mph wind when he was smoking his cigar and checking day old sport scores in USA Today :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx