DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are going down Jodi!!!!

I feel it!!!

Prayers to Travis & his family!!!

So...what will Jodi's reaction be? Will she sit there and stare stoically? Will she flip that mop of hair over her face? Will she cry? Will she charge JM and get her azz zapped (one can hope) :giggle:

Can't wait to see her reaction but I fear it will be anti-climactic. :crazy:

I've got my DirecTV set to record so I can watch it again and again... praying it will be Murder1 ! :please: Justice for Travis and all the Alexanders, also all of his friends, like Deanna Reid for one, and Napolean too!

OMG! I haven't felt this way since the Laci Peterson case. I am crying and having an anxiety episode, but I don't want to take my xanax yet.lol

While the verdict was announced a song from Adele came on-Skyfall, the first verse is especially meaningful for this trial/verdict. Parts of it remind me of Travis and his family.

"Skyfall"

This is the end
Hold your breath and count to ten
Feel the earth move and then
Hear my heart burst again

For this is the end
I've drowned and dreamt this moment
So overdue I owe them
Swept away, I'm stolen

Let the sky fall
When it crumbles
We will stand tall
Face it all together

Let the sky fall
When it crumbles
We will stand tall
Face it all together
At skyfall
That skyfall

Skyfall is where we start
A thousand miles and poles apart
Where worlds collide and days are dark
You may have my number, you can take my name
But you'll never have my heart

Let the sky fall (let the sky fall)
When it crumbles (when it crumbles)
We will stand tall (we will stand tall)
Face it all together

Face it all together
At skyfall

[x2:]
(Let the sky fall
When it crumbles
We will stand tall)

Where you go I go
What you see I see
I know I'd never be me
Without the security
Of your loving arms
Keeping me from harm
Put your hand in my hand
And we'll stand

Face it all together

Face it all together
At skyfall

Let the sky fall
We will stand tall
At skyfall
Oh

When the skyfalls it will fall on JA

please can someone give a good live link. I'm at work and having a real hard time.

I'm so nervous, I'm shaking. Please PM me. Thanks!

I Juander what missycakes will be wearing this fine afternoon....

Perhaps something in blue?

:juanettes:

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 21s

Jurors deliberated for 15 hours in this guilt phase. Unless there is a not guilty verdict, jurors remain for an... http://fb.me/2ZL3CMa1J

With our luck, JA will read her manifesto outloud during the penalty phase

But how do I keep up with new posts without refreshing? If I lose the board, just know my thoughts are here and I will be back when iI can.

And will it help to make fewer posts? I can just read along and let the "regulars" have the floor if that would make a difference. Let me know.

Thanks to all WS for having such a nice place to share the ups and downs of trial life with. I am sooo glad I finally stopped lurking!

:seeya: Hi Spellbound, I have my threads set to 200 replies per page. this helps reduce refreshing too often. hang time isn't too long, and if you need to catch up, I like to hit the reply button, and then I can quickly read all the posts in condensed form. There are no avatars,, links or thanks button, but if you're 4 pages behind, it helps breeze thru quickly.
:scared: Less than an hour!

Does anyone remember why Ms two tone hair was dismissed from the Jury?
Misconduct of some sort, but we haven't heard the specifics. Supposedly made a comment that was deemed inappropriate. It was discovered when the judge questioned the jurors about whether they had seen JM signing autographs/taking pictures with people outside the courthouse. Not saying that her comment had anything to do with that, only that whatever she said was mentioned during the questioning.

Any verdict returned which is not unanimous for felony AND premeditated first degree murder will be unjust.

Can anyone give me instructions to a friend on iphone. She wants to watch it, but I have an android and still don't know how to watch on my phone. She obviously needs it quick. Anyone?

I just gave this info to my brother too. She can download the 3TV Phoenix Mobile News app, there's a live video link. hth!

Is it possible to gain 10 lbs in a couple of hours? Esp. If chocolate is involved?

Me toooo. I keep worrying it's Murder 2, then I think....no, the jury is too smart, then I think ...maybe the jury isn't that smart.....maybe they do feel sorry for Jodi....then I think.....no, the evidence is overwhelming.....then I remember my 75-year-old Hispanic male friend who thinks the men on the jury will be bamboozled by Jodi.....then I think....well, I think I'm getting nutso here. AAAAARRRRRGGGGG!

If you were a M1 juror would you change your mind to a M2? I doubt it.

Stay strong friend!!!! We're almost there!

Is it wrong that I'm strangely comforted by the sound of NG's voice right now? Weird.

I don't think I have ever posted on this thread, but have been watching the trial from "afar." I have told my husband that if this woman gets off, I give up!!! I did see the closing where he stated that Travis was naked in a shower-no threat whatsoever to explain away 25 stab wounds, a slit throat and a bullet to the head. Murder 1.

OMG! I haven't felt this way since the Laci Peterson case. I am crying and having an anxiety episode, but I don't want to take my xanax yet.lol

While the verdict was announced a song from Adele came on-Skyfall, the first verse is especially meaningful for this trial/verdict. Parts of it remind me of Travis and his family.

"Skyfall"

This is the end
Hold your breath and count to ten
Feel the earth move and then
Hear my heart burst again

For this is the end
I've drowned and dreamt this moment
So overdue I owe them
Swept away, I'm stolen

Let the sky fall
When it crumbles
We will stand tall
Face it all together

Let the sky fall
When it crumbles
We will stand tall
Face it all together
At skyfall
That skyfall

Skyfall is where we start
A thousand miles and poles apart
Where worlds collide and days are dark
You may have my number, you can take my name
But you'll never have my heart

Face it all together

Face it all together
At skyfall

[x2:]
(Let the sky fall
When it crumbles
We will stand tall)

Where you go I go
What you see I see
I know I'd never be me
Without the security
Of your loving arms
Keeping me from harm
Put your hand in my hand
And we'll stand

Face it all together

Face it all together
At skyfall

Let the sky fall
We will stand tall
At skyfall
Oh

When the skyfalls it will fall on JA

That's the song that was on the radio today as I was driving to the doctors office!!

Love it and so appropriate!!!

It's only 12:45 here, but I'm going to have a bloody mary while we wait to calm my nerves. I'm not going anywhere today, nobody needs anything from me, and I'm among trusted friends... why not? :drink:

Justice for Travis! Guilty, Murder 1!

Oh lord running around trying to finish housework before 4:30

My son said "I wonder if I have lacrosse practice this afternoon?" And I said, "that's gonna be a problem!!!!"

Will have a verdict reached thread?

If that female juror is in fact very emotional, wiping her eyes, this may have been a hard thing to do, very cathartic though.

I know it's hard to find a person that looks like you and me guilty and know they could be put to death, it goes against our human nature to put another person to death.

However if they just keep looking at the crime scene photos, the bad ones, the really bad ones, this will keep things in perspective. She put him to death, she may not look like the average monster we picture going on a killing spree, beard, not showered, dirty clothes, missing teeth and a shot gun...but she is a monster and what's scarier is she walked among us just like any other person we know in our circle of friends. That's the part we can't sometimes reconcile, someone sitting in a room laughing and talking with us, can kill us and nearly decapitate us.

I really hope this verdict reflects how evil she is.

After a rather brutal day on the board yesterday, with lots of pot-stirring, sniping and complaining about the jury in this trial, I was very depressed.

I was up very late and wrote the following thoughts to post today. Although a verdict has been reached, I am still going to post it with an update at the end.

Here it is:
I know many of us are tense waiting for a verdict. I’m sure the Alexander Family is even more tense than we are.

I truly believe the jurors are just doing the very serious job set before them. We have to remember that we have had daily debates, exchanges and conversations to dissect every piece of evidence, witness, and piece of testimony. I know there were many times that I didn’t catch an important point until someone else mentioned it on the boards. There were also many times that I thought I understood a certain thing about the trial and then someone else’s post would show another angle and cause an AHA moment for me. We have had time to discuss testimony, it’s validity and/or believability, it’s relevance, etc.

The jurors have been completely silent for four long months. They have been taking in massive amounts of information without any ability to process it with others or discuss it. They are just now having some of the same discussions we have been having for months. (not to mention the poor alternates who STILL can’t discuss it!)

It is going to take time to sort through WHAT to believe and WHO to believe (thanks to some of the questionable characters that have testified in this case). They may want to discuss the almost 700 pieces of evidence, the photos, the witnesses and their credentials and credibility, JA’s behavior on the stand and in the courtroom, the testimony, the journals, the text messages/emails/online chats, the relevance of certain things, the timeline, premeditation, the layout of the bathroom/bedroom, the sequence of events on June 4, the gun, the gas cans, the trashing of Travis, and on and on…. Just like we did.

I think it is totally unfair to guess at: the motives of the jurors, the intelligence of the jurors, the reasons why the jurors are laughing as they leave the courthouse, whether or not they “should” be laughing as they leave the courthouse, IF there is a hold up or WHO is the hold out, the ability for male jurors to reach a decision without their testosterone getting in the way, or compare them to the CA jury.

Other than the Alexander family, I can’t imagine anyone who wants this trial to be behind them MORE than the jurors. Although they haven’t been sequestered, their entire lives have been altered during this trial. I think we should commend them for resisting the urge to rush a verdict, get to the next stage (if there is one) and get this over with.
They have the weight of this decision on their shoulders. Many say they wouldn’t think twice, M1. I am sure it is very different when you REALLY have this decision in your hands. No matter what JA did, these jurors have to live the rest of their lives with the decision they make. They have the responsibility and the RIGHT to take the time to be comfortable with their vote.

Lastly, after this trial is over the jurors may read the posts here. Although
the LARGE majority of WS posters are respectful of the task the jurors have taken on (even if anxious for a verdict), there are some posts that would really TICK ME OFF and offend me if I was a juror. WS is a victim friendly site. We support those looking for and working toward justice. These jurors are working hard to find a fair and just verdict. They deserve our support and respect, not to be picked apart, insulted and judged.

Sorry for the length of this post, just really needed to get these feelings out of my head and onto the board. All IMO.

(stepping off the soapbox now)

PS I trust this jury. I trust they are going to come to the verdict the majority of us feel she should receive.
Take a breath. Get some sunshine. Hug your loved ones. And know that this will all work out in the end.
Justice for Travis (and all who love him) is on its way!

Now that a verdict has been reached I think the bolded section is particularly important. Even IF we get a verdict we don't agree with (which I DO NOT believe will happen) we OWE these jurors the respect they have earned by being willing to take on this large task and interrupt their lives for this search for justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13