verdict watch 5/8/2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laura08 posted about the CNN coverage on Smart's comment that women should be told they are still valuable even if raped.

What convert Jodi didn't realize is that she has zero value as a prospective wife in the Mormon single adult world.

I didn't want to get a TO, so I couldn't really mention this before but Jodi never had a chance for the very reason that Elizabeth Smart has commented on yesterday and expanded today. (link below)

She says she didn't cry out for help because she had been taught --clearly while very young--that losing her virginity meant she was like a used piece of gum. Totally worthless and disposable. In this article, others in the Mormon faith speak of the analogies which were used to persuade young women to avoid premarital sex.

I myself heard the bandaid analogy--how many times can you rip off the bandaid and still have a bond? If you google duct tape and Mormon, you will find an analogy on the web right now which compares losing virginity to peeling off duct tape again and again.

Many have posted regarding a "licked cupcake" comparison being taught right now in Young Women's classes. When a returned missionary goes to choose a wife from the cupcakes on the shelf, will he choose one with a big lick mark on it?

Jodi's inappropriate behavior shows that she was completely ignorant of the morays of the subculture she joined. What was viewed as being cute and seductive in her lower class dormitory-living underclass is viewed as being repulsive by virtually all Mormons. She might as well have been wearing a tattoo on her forehead "Not Marriage Material" and an arm bracelet saying "Keep Me Away From Your Husband."

The only reason Ryan Burns would have anything to do with her was because he was a JACK MORMON and didn't care so much about maintaining his reputation.

This is also the reason that Travis felt so bad about Deanna. He apologized to her and she suggested it was because she was ready for marriage "then" and is no longer so interested. The truth is he felt responsible for taking up her time and her virginity, leaving her less desirable and past the prime age. Now she's in a married ward and has zero chances of marrying anybody but a divorced man or a widower.

And I can tell you from personal experience, most of those divorced men/widowers in their thirties and even forties are also wanting those twenty-something virginal naive Mormon women with no kids.

I totally understand what Elizabeth Smart was saying because of her unique situation. I absolutely agree with her in the context in which she is speaking. I don't agree that Jodi would have been a used cupcake. At all. Having gone to BYU for years and for my juris doctorate, I have years and years of experience in the Mormon dating world (and loved it!, but I digress!). Just because someone has had prior sexual experiences doesn't make them "used goods." Absolutely not. The thing that would have been particularly shocking about JA, however, is that she did not seem to ever have any intent to live the commitments she made. There is a difference.

Bottom line for me is that this is not a religious issue. Murder is murder - no matter what your sexual persuasion, even if someone is a pedophile (although not true). If people could see through her, JA would have been shunned in any group - and it would have nothing at all to do with cupcakes or her sexuality. It would have to do with her slaughter of an innocent man.

Seque...The verdict will be right in time for our happy hour!
rose...dig out your dancing shoes.....
OMG!!!!

Wow!!
The cat litter worked...hehe....

Please let everyone know. We don't want anyone to miss this verdict being read out live.

Of course my son has a track meet that starts at 4:30!!!!!!! Grrrr

I have a Drs Appt at 2:30 Phx time !!!!!!!!!!!

But they all know I've been watching so if I'm a little late they won't be upset because I'll give them the update ;)

The Lord has made Himself known: He works judgment; the wicked man is snared by his own devices. (Psalm 9)

Justice for Travis Alexander :please:

Img ogm omg omg kmg

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

I am sitting in the same living room, on the same couch, watching the same tv, as I did on July 5 2011 . Do I need to go to another room? Just read on here? I'm praying for a different outcome. PLEASE jury. What do you guys think it'll be? Murder 1?

Oh please God let it be First Degree Murder!!! PLEEEEAAASE!! I want to see that smug little face have that evil smile wiped off permanently!

I was posting on a completely different forum and we started to hang up-I knew RIGHT AWAY there was a verdict, lol.

I am counting on you guys not to crash the board for the rest of us who have errands between now and then.

:grouphug:

OMG...seriously, I just got a FCA text!! No text from WAT or ABC..just FCA. UGH.

SO MUCH FOR THE WAT TWEET I WAS COUNTING ON! Fortunately I had my tv on HLN with mute and walked by and there is the glorious red banner!

I am so excited--- time to make up some fresh coffee. I am staying IN...

WSrs, I love you all, let's hold hands.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karen Simmons Guinn