Verdict Watch Discussion Thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They all said Smich surprised them on the stand. He was much smarter than they gave him credit for. He was tough and withstood a lot of pressure from his cross but never deviated from his testimony.

Let's hope she isn't the jury foreman. :thinking:

All MOO.

She may have been staring in disgust and wonder that someone could allegedly do something so heinous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On MB... She was subpoenaed by the Crown but never called.

All the evidence about the prints wiping was all new at the trial since neither MB or CN had told LE about this prior to trial. LE did not know prior to the trial that either of them had tampered with that evidence.

Speculating that she would likely have been a hostile witness and probably why she was not called.

The insight is interesting...even just to hear the feelings of the journalists..

None of them would make a verdict prediction, not surprisingly.

And now that the jury is deliberating, the reporters are allowed to reveal the contents of legal arguments..as opposed to us waiting impatiently in silence through them until the proceedings resumed.

I understand that LH is free to tell us of the cagey antics of Smich and how he used the information he gleaned from those legal arguments.....but she can't give us specific examples even though the jury is now sequestered......What is the difference?

I took it that she couldn't give specifics because she didn't have them ready not because she wasn't allowed. IMO

She may have been staring in disgust and wonder that someone could allegedly do something so heinous

Hopefully she was only trying to get a read or be entertained by his antics.

After following many trials, it's always a concern that at least one juror will form an "attachment" (for lack of a better word) to a defendant. Jodi Arias appears to have had at least one in both of her trials.

MOO

The insight is interesting...even just to hear the feelings of the journalists..

Was trying to get a sense of whether they saw Smich as manipulative or cagey as LH perceived, but they were pretty impossible to read on that. The most we got was that he was smarter than expected, and that he was stubborn and held his own throughout with a certain toughness.

Ewww lets hope she is not "enamored" with DM.

Well DM has some sort of inexplicable "charisma" so anything's possible and it seems that both men and women could fall under his spell. I hope that woman was just intently studying DM to gain insight about an alleged cold-blooded killer.

All MOO.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 4s4 seconds ago
Pillay is asking the jury be corrected on their "misapprehension" that #Bosma went to get gas.

Trying for a mistrial here? As soon as I saw the 2 words legal argument, I knew it was RP.

Wow @ the wiping away of evidence was only brought out at trial. Can additional charges stem from this?

You know what I find interesting about these types of trials? There is no question whatsoever that these two were involved. The question is to what extent. My point is, if after reviewing all of the evidence and climbing these decision trees over and over, the jury somehow finds them both not-guilty, it's not like LE enforcement says, "Welp...better get back to finding who really did it than!" Now in this case I don't think there is a chance that either one of them gets a not-guilty verdict but one or both could potentially get less than 1st Degree. It highlights how important the evidence and how it is presented is in the judicial process. MOO

No one is looking for the killer of Caylee Anthony or Nicole Brown Simpson either. Being acquitted does not mean "not-guilty". In Canada, unlike the US, we do not have double jeopardy and I believe the Crown can appeal an acquittal.

MOO

Wow @ the wiping away of evidence was only brought out at trial. Can additional charges stem from this?

I suppose, but the only evidence they have is CN's direct testimony. What would be the point? ;)

MOO

I suppose, but the only evidence they have is CN's direct testimony. What would be the point? ;)

MOO

Well, I want MB to be charged criminally for her part in all of this. o/t I wonder what RB thinks about his sister for what she has done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member