Verdict Watch Discussion Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for clearing this up. The OP was saying it happened today, and I thought that must be yet another juror gone as of today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes a juror left today. Two have left previous to this. 3 jurors have left in total now. They have spares I guess.

That's the way I recall it as well. I'd sure love to know what that pact actually entailed though, and which lies were told by whom, about what.

Maybe the jury heard more then what was tweeted for us?

What do you mean no???? Was it yesterday??? I thought it was today? Yes a juror left.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 7s7 seconds ago
One of the #TimBosma trial jurors has been discharged for personal reasons that will remain private and were not read into the record.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 7s7 seconds ago
Goodman says he has received a note from a juror, and due to some "personal circumstances," a juror is being excused. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 19s19 seconds ago
The jury is back. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 23s23 seconds ago
Goodman tells jury he received a note from one of them, respecting their request for privacy. Juror #4 is discharged. Now 12 jurors

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 29s29 seconds ago
Jury is in at the Tim #Bosma murder trial. Judge has received note from a juror. "Due to personal circumstances of that juror..."

Those were from the first day of the Judge's charge which was Friday, June 10th. Which leaves 12 jurors.
First juror left earlier due to the death of her brother. There are still 12 jurors deliberating.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 17s18 seconds ago
The jury would like to review his testimony about this pact and the toolbox. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 26s27 seconds ago
Judge says best way to deal with it is to play portions of the audio recording of testimony. It will take some time to find those clips.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 27s28 seconds ago
Specifically, the want to review what Hagerman said about the toolbox, and about the "pact" Hagerman made with Michalski. #Bosma #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 37s38 seconds ago
Justice Goodman is back and says the jury's question is about Matt Hagerman, and his comment about a pact with Andrew Michalski. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 40s41 seconds ago
Hagerman got the locked toolbox from Millard 4am the morning Millard was arrested. Smich says it held the murder weapon. #Bosma

Here you go boys and girls,

"He hasn't spoken to Michalski since May 2013. "We had come to an agreement related to this case and lies had been said" Hagerman says #Bosma Apr 06, 2016" - AC Tweet

Maybe the jury heard more then what was tweeted for us?

I'm sure we've missed a LOT that was actually said in court if just go by the tweets. But, thankfully many of these tweeting reporters were also doing daily articles that expanded on what was said that day. Even if things were said during legal arguments that added to this "pact" - neither the jury would have heard it nor would the media have been able to report on it.

Thinking about Inspector North's post last night ... Still laughing about it ...

Perhaps their question might be:

Was the truck filled with gas or diesel?

good one,lol

Leave the religion and rudeness out of posts and discuss the case, not each other.

:tyou:

My goodness ... It sounds to me like there is a possibility that Justice Goodman is going to have to tell the jury once again that there was no testimony regarding their question. [emoji848]

There really wasn't any testimony detailing the pact between Hagerman and Michalski, was there?

MOO

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 10s10 seconds ago
Jury is in now. Justice Goodman is thanking them for their request. Jurors look very tired. #Bosma

Poor Jurors :(

I have always said I'd like to be on a jury...but that was before I realized that deliberations require talking/listening/arguing for 8+ hrs (?) a day, 7 days a week...having to be with people almost all the time...that would be like torture to me...I'd need more time to myself to recharge so I could be productive/effective there. Guess I should be glad I haven't been chosen :p

How long has the longest deliberation in Canada been?

On to day 3 of the verdict watch tomorrow. Justice is getting closer.
Have a good night everyone. I'm off to get some shut eye! :bedtime:

All MOO.

Still, one of the reporters said MS was creepy--his eyes were hollow--even now 3 yrs later.
IMO, MS rarely looks out towards anybody, but yesterday I was about the last one leaving court. (After judge and jury left, loved ones and most of the crowd.) I thought to myself why rush out, maybe I should just be 'brave' and observe, non self consciously. At that point MS was moving right before me leaving and looked and we had eye contact. I did not find his eyes hollow personally.

Here you go boys and girls,

"He hasn't spoken to Michalski since May 2013. "We had come to an agreement related to this case and lies had been said" Hagerman says #Bosma Apr 06, 2016" - AC Tweet
Thanks for reposting. Was anyone in court for Hager man's testimony? I wonder if more was said than what made it into the live tweets. Maybe he said more about the past and who had told lies. JMO.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

My goodness ... It sounds to me like there is a possibility that Justice Goodman is going to have to tell the jury once again that there was no testimony regarding their question. [emoji848]

There really wasn't any testimony detailing the pact between Hagerman and Michalski, was there?

MOO

We were not given details of their "agreement." And they're not to speculate, so who knows.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 10s10 seconds ago
Jury is in now. Justice Goodman is thanking them for their request. Jurors look very tired. #Bosma

Poor Jurors :(

I have always said I'd like to be on a jury...but that was before I realized that deliberations require talking/listening/arguing for 8+ hrs (?) a day, 7 days a week...having to be with people almost all the time...that would be like torture to me...I'd need more time to myself to recharge so I could be productive/effective there. Guess I should be glad I haven't been chosen :p

How long has the longest deliberation in Canada been?

Here is an article about longest jury deliberations in Canada. Apparently, the longest isn't known for certain, but this article discusses many of the longest ones.

http://www.nationalpost.com/pickton+deliberations+among+longest+ever/149568/story.html

And everyone had to be recalled to court for that?? Really?? Jury couldn't send message to judge and he respond in turn? Or video conference? Wow.

Everyone is already at the courthouse during the time the jury is deliberating AND this is part of the process.

I still can't believe they are doing this by memory.
They have their notes and all of the exhibits, of which there are well over 100 if I recall correctly, that the judge said were being brought into the jury room for them to review as they see fit.

And his teachers said he was a good student who was a pleasure to work with. We all bring a certain bias to our assessments. Teachers, posters, reporters, Alex Pierson..

AP definitely has it out for MS. She was rolling her eyes during his testimony while I was there and scoffing. No ***** that a man who has been in jail for 3+ years looks dead in his eyes. That's probably a pretty normal thing for someone who is incarcerated.

Very interesting question IMO considering the inconsistencies between the testimony of MH and AM. MH story sounded more like they were dropping the toolbox on MS while AM made it sound like MS asked for it. I think they are deliberating on MS but have agreed already on DM. Was the pact to tell the truth and AM ending up lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
31Deeds