Verdict Watch Discussion Thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This verdict watcher will check in again in the morning for any news. The jury can't make a decision tonight. Goodnight all. :)

All MOO.

I think the fact that the jury already had a question(s) for the judge is encouraging. It shows that they're keen to start dissecting and discussing the evidence and especially after a very long day that entailed listening to the judge's instructions.

All MOO.

Yes, but I had to shake my head at the question. Maybe because we have spreadsheets to refer to it's different, but gas? Not even mentioned re: TB. Seems left field. I assume they might have been talking about the truck on the Super Sucker video perhaps. But if that's what they think they missed the part of TB putting his daughter to bed.

Yes, but I had to shake my head at the question. Maybe because we have spreadsheets to refer to it's different, but gas? Not even mentioned re: TB. Seems left field. I assume they might have been talking about the truck on the Super Sucker video perhaps. But if that's what they think they missed the part of TB putting his daughter to bed.

I still think it may have been one or two jurors thinking they heard about a trip to get gas and the only way to get that juror(s) to drop it was to hear it from the judge. IMO.

Well to be fair the crown kept her away for the entire trial. And after that, it hasn't been reported but I'm sure it'd be easy for her to be there since she's like the polka roo and no one really knows what the woman looks like today that I recall

There have been pictures of her posted in the media. Blonde, attractive, thin.

I don't know what was said in response to the jury question, but from the tweets:

Wayne could hear voices approaching down the driveway at the #Bosma house. Sees two men walking. One man just ending a phone call. Feb 01, 2016
At same time, Tim comes out of house, also ending a phone call. Tim greets the two men. #Bosma Feb 01, 2016
- SC

Wayne was the man having a cigarette in the garage with Sharlene when Tim left with the men in the truck. #Bosma Feb 01, 2016
Sharlene says the guys hadn't come yet (to see truck). Then she heard Tim's phone ring. They could hear Tim's voice on the phone inside. Feb 01, 2016
- MH

Seems like they are trying to nail down the timeline to see which SS sighting actually worked the best. If WD didn't hear the phone ring and only heard voices and both hanging up it could be possible that they had begun the conversation well before they actually arrived? They actually could have talked for 10 minutes? Was MS questioned about the phone call at all?

I thought a good trial! We saw good and bad in everything from witnesses, to the accused, to evidence, to the practicing of law... Yup. Happy this one is in the books. I can't wait for the behind the scenes stuff to completely get revealed, pity we have to wait for the trial for the murder of LB, and more of a shame that its been concluded she was a victim.

I think this was a good display of a trial done well. Regardless of the verdict, the jury has the tools to do their job, and I may or may not agree with their verdict, but I will certainly respect it and not gripe either. (my opinion: MS not guilty, DM 2nd degree, expect ruling to be DM 1st, MS mansl)

Agreed to all until I got to the last bracketed part ....and other than that ...you are bang on. MS and DM guilty as hell and are going down for M1. I will hope for the best in the judicial system and prepare for the worst.

I just can't believe this case is finally near the end (hopefully). Lots of people on here who have invested a lot of time reading, discussing, sleuthing and creating files, etc. JMO

Today at the courthouse, I noticed that DM was wearing a ring on 4th finger on his right hand. It was a dark band, it looked black or charcoal and could have been some other kind of material instead of a real ring, hard to determine. (In many other countries it is customary to wear wedding rings on your right hand instead of your right). I did not see him wearing it in the afternoon though. I did observe best as I could and did not see any 'supporters' for him. He doesn't lift his hands that much, and is left handed when writing, hard to notice in the first place.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Mark Smich and Dellen Millard are back in the courtroom. Justice Goodman reading the question. It is about Sharlene Bosma's testimony.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 59s59 seconds ago
Juror's asking about Sharlene's testimony saying Tim went to get gas that night. Judge says he's listened to testimony and no mention of it.

Why would that be significant I wonder to them? Perplexed on this.

Still curious why there wasn't a 'causing an indignity to a human body' charge from LE to the accused. It seems common on other cases where has been tampering with the body.

That is funny!! Just before I read your post, my hubby had suggested a lever be pulled for a panel on the floor to open up and disappear them [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BBC's Graham Norton show has a segment with guests sitting in The Big Red Chair as they tell a personal and hopefully humourous tale. If the story fails to amuse, and it happens regularly....Graham pulls a lever, the chair tips back swftly and dumps the storyteller off set. It is such a silly slapstick routine but the crowd roars with laughter every time. The Chair could really lighten up the courtroom tension and might just move things along a little faster with a chuckle here and there.....

Today at the courthouse, I noticed that DM was wearing a ring on 4th finger on his right hand. It was a dark band, it looked black or charcoal and could have been some other kind of material instead of a real ring, hard to determine. (In many other countries it is customary to wear wedding rings on your right hand instead of your right). I did not see him wearing it in the afternoon though. I did observe best as I could and did not see any 'supporters' for him. He doesn't lift his hands that much, and is left handed when writing, hard to notice in the first place.

I believe it was noted early on in the trial that he was wearing that ring on at least one other day. Not sure if it's an actual ring. Maybe it's the hair tie from his old braid. ;)

Justice Goodman says to everyone's best recollection, there was no time mentioned as to when Tim got gas.
by Adam Carter 8:30 PM

They're wondering about the phone call from De Boer's testimony.
by Adam Carter 8:30 PM

He go for gas with DM and MS with him?

Why would that be significant I wonder to them? Perplexed on this.

AC tweeted that he assumes the jury is just exploring the many different theories whether from the Crown or the defence about what happened in the video.

Does anyone know if it's normal for constables to be watching guard over the jurors rooms? I guess it would be to ensure they are sequestered but would there be another reason?

Yes it is normal. My dad used to do this. They make sure that no one visits the jurors and that the jurors don't leave. They need rooms all on the same floor and the same hallway.

I just can't believe this case is finally near the end (hopefully). Lots of people on here who have invested a lot of time reading, discussing, sleuthing and creating files, etc. JMO
I know. Seems surreal. All the way back to very first day Tim went missing in 2013. So many familiar names here but a lot never made it back for trial who were very active back then sadly...

Only thing I can think of is trying to explain the truck going past Super Soaker the extra times on the video.

Doesn't the jury have access to testimony? Seems ridiculous that they have to go off memory of stuff that happened two months ago.

Things need to be brought up to modern technology. They should at least have the same tweet list we do.

Kinda indicates to me this won't be a 4 hr decision as people thought it would. Good for them.. I think this already proves they are taking this seriously and discussing everything they remember.

i think...4 hours. This has been a long process and they have had plenty of time to think. I just don't think it is gonna take long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper