***VERDICT WATCH*** Jimmy Rodgers Trial Thread (livestream) Days 1-11 2019.10.10-22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking they are going back and forth on the premeditation of JR knowing about the murder beforehand.... or just going with CWW for robbery, or as accomplice but not intending on first degree.... I think the readback on Taylors testimony is that her attitude TO ME, changed with defense. I didn't watch it, just listen the first time, and she came off as 'snotty'.... WATCHING it though, i could tell she was scared in the beginning, so maybe that was it. But she was caught up in some lies and i think that makes you question her whole testimony unfortunately. ALL IMO

I'm thinking they are going back and forth on the premeditation of JR knowing about the murder beforehand.... or just going with CWW for robbery, or as accomplice but not intending on first degree.... I think the readback on Taylors testimony is that her attitude TO ME, changed with defense. I didn't watch it, just listen the first time, and she came off as 'snotty'.... WATCHING it though, i could tell she was scared in the beginning, so maybe that was it. But she was caught up in some lies and i think that makes you question her whole testimony unfortunately. ALL IMO

Here's what I don't get. Even if the jury decided that JR was just going along for a robbery, since there was a murder during the commission of the robbery, isn't he then guilty of murder as well?

Last edited:
How are we on verdict watch already?? I've been wayyy to busy to follow this trial properly :eek:
It was an excellent trial to watch. You should catch up with the videos when you have time. This judge has been wonderful! Moved things along, quick rulings and didn't allow either side to bog the court down with a bunch of minutiae. Mark's is just around the corner.

Murder 1 and conspiracy for sure. I'm on the fence about burglary, but guilty of trespassing too.

Nothing really matters past murder 1 and conspiracy, IMO.

I would say guilty of Murder 1 with premeditation (it only takes a second to premeditate) and guilty of both burglary and trespassing. I'm not sure exactly how the judge defined both but the below website states that:

"Burglary is typically defined as the unlawful entry into almost any structure (not just a home or business) with the intent to commit any crime inside (not just theft/larceny). ..No physical breaking and entering is required; the offender may simply trespass through an open door. Unlike robbery, which involves use of force or fear to obtain another person's property, there is usually no victim present during a burglary.

Burglary Overview - FindLaw

Last edited:
What lies do you think she told?

Julia Jenaé‏ @JuliaCourtTV 1m1 minute ago

Close to 6.5 hours. That’s how long the #JimmyRodgersTrial jury has been deliberating.

No notes or questions from them in the past 2.5 hours.
1f4dd.png

#trialcoverage #deliberations #teresasievers

What lies do you think she told?

I think she was being deceitful about the California trip. Other than that, nothing specific. It bothered me she did a lot of the i dont' remembers for defense but had ALL the answers for Prosecutor. Just those little things. But if they bothered me, they probably bothered someone on the jury, because i KNOW how guilty JRR is and all the backstory... and they don't. To me he looked smug and just annoyingly 'smarmy'. But i know whats under that tie. They don't. I could see someone thinking he looked young and innocent and/or naive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff