VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd hate to think the victims family, in any case, would be the reason to vote one way or another. It's actually pretty manipulative for the A's to move from the witness room to the hall just to be seen by the jury if that was their motivation for moving there and I'm not saying it was. A murder victim with no family members to fill seats in the courtroom or give tearful victim impact statements is just as entitled to justice as a much loved victim with a large family. The jury should be considering the cruelty inflicted on Travis and weighing that against the mitigators and nothing more.

Please don't throw tomatoes :) If the Arias clan (was even there lol!) moved from their holding room to camp out in the hallway so they could be seen by the exiting jury, we'd be losing it right now. You know it's true. xoxo MO

No, their job is to deliberate. Think about it. They were first told the retrial would be over in mid-December. It's almost March. They were provided a one week review of the first trial waaaaay back in October. Many posters here have forgotten what was covered in that week it was so long ago. Why would the jury be expected to not only remember, but to agree on what 12 jurors may have heard or remembered differently?

And that was the last normal week of this thing until a few weeks ago. They saw the defendant appear on the stand in an empty courtroom, start to tell a story, then came back the next day after a lunchbreak to find her off the stand, the room full again, all without any explanation whatsoever. They STILL don't know what happened on that one. I bet most if not all expected to see her back again and are baffled why she poofed, mid-story.

Think about what they must make of the weeks and weeks and weeks of computer *advertiser censored* stuff. I mean, WTH. We could barely make sense of it or why it was allowed to go on and on, and again, they didn't and don't yet have any context for that. Only guesses.

Toss in weeks and weeks of psych experts talking about tests and diagnoses and diagnostic impressions,and the hints and suggestions made by both the DT and State to investigate or discuss. And not least, consider that they have to sort out lies and maybe not lies by JA- on the stand, in prior testimony, in her journals, and in every communication she had with Travis.

Time consuming, all of it. And their responsibility to sort it out enough to understand the mitigators, decide individually and and as a group if they're mitigating, and reach a decision.

Thank you! I believe this jury will get it right.

AZlawyer, I asked this on last thread, right before it closed.

What's your guess? Life or death?

I think this case would naturally and normally end up with a life sentence. I think there was absolutely a way to present the mitigation phase so that a life sentence would have been the result. But I think the pedo lie, the child *advertiser censored* lie, the suggestions that even adult *advertiser censored* and sex in general are deviant and disgusting, the rude and insanely biased experts, the failure to present any explanation whatsoever for the murder consistent with premeditation (which the jury was told to accept as true), and Jodi's utter inability to express any remorse whatsoever now make death the more likely result.

I did not think I could have more respect for Travis’ family, but when they walked out I took that as a huge FU to nurmi, and when they wore the ribbons, another huge FU to the murderer and her family. Travis’ family has shown only true dignity through all these years. The murderer’s family, well I believe they do not even know the meaning of the word, I wonder if they have ever heard the word?

Grammie- when did the Alexanders wear the ribbons? And you're right...good for them.

I agree with you. I think they are leaving and laughing because they decided to let JA sleep on the suspense a few more nights. She put this jury through a lot of wasted time. I think they settled. I think Monday they will come back with the DP and laugh all the way out of the courthouse at JA. After seeing Travis autopsy pictures they are fighting for Him. They are happy he will rest in peace after all this time. I picture the jury looking at TA family members seeing their pain and they are not blind to what this evil Woman not girl did to him and continues to do to him. Prayers for the Jury all weekend. The young ones can identify with a 27 yr old woman and know they would not do to a human being what she did. The older ones know they would not want to lose one of their children to a stalking, jealous, manipulating person man or woman.

I'm so bummed. But maybe because they're smiling it's a good sign. Hope they just want the weekend to sleep on it. They pick out nice clothes for Monday and that will be it.

I'd hate to think the victims family, in any case, would be the reason to vote one way or another. It's actually pretty manipulative for the A's to move from the witness room to the hall just to be seen by the jury if that was their motivation for moving there and I'm not saying it was. A murder victim with no family members to fill seats in the courtroom or give tearful victim impact statements is just as entitled to justice as a much loved victim with a large family. The jury should be considering the cruelty inflicted on Travis and weighing that against the mitigators and nothing more.

Please don't throw tomatoes :) If the Arias clan (was even there lol!) moved from their holding room to camp out in the hallway so they could be seen by the exiting jury, we'd be losing it right now. You know it's true. xoxo MO

The jury did not know they were there. Read up thread.

Inapropriate to arrive with a stew and cake, and leave smiling. I cannot wrap my head around it. I am all about bonding for the jurors. But give me a break. This IS a life/death decision, not some afternoon slumber party. Sorry, I am a bit upset. MOO at this point. After watching this whole fiasco for yrs

I think it's awesome they did that. They've really bonded.

I think this case would naturally and normally end up with a life sentence. I think there was absolutely a way to present the mitigation phase so that a life sentence would have been the result. But I think the pedo lie, the child *advertiser censored* lie, the suggestions that even adult *advertiser censored* and sex in general are deviant and disgusting, the rude and insanely biased experts, the failure to present any explanation whatsoever for the murder consistent with premeditation (which the jury was told to accept as true), and Jodi's utter inability to express any remorse whatsoever now make death the more likely result.

Oh, AZL...thank you for making me feel better. I can now leave the thread and go back to RL. :)

I agree with you. I think they are leaving and laughing because they decided to let JA sleep on the suspense a few more nights. She put this jury through a lot of wasted time. I think they settled. I think Monday they will come back with the DP and laugh all the way out of the courthouse at JA. After seeing Travis autopsy pictures they are fighting for Him. They are happy he will rest in peace after all this time. I picture the jury looking at TA family members seeing their pain and they are not blind to what this evil Woman not girl did to him and continues to do to him. Prayers for the Jury all weekend. The young ones can identify with a 27 yr old woman and know they would not do to a human being what she did. The older ones know they would not want to lose one of their children to a stalking, jealous, manipulating person man or woman.

I will just say I will be shocked if it's not the DP. I am just so happy it will be over soon. Family needs for Jodi to go away.

Up thread, it appears this "jurors walked out in front of the Alexanders laughing" report is bogus.

See AZL Post #406 (above). (I'd be cool by doing multiple posts, but ... whatever. I'm an idiot :) You can figure it out, I hope?)

QUOTED POSTS IN #406:
Originally Posted by ~Lyric~ View Post
Real Truth ‏@hardtruth4real 4m4 minutes ago
@kinseyschofield Was the laugher from those #jodiarias jurors in front of the family?

KINSEY SCHOFIELD ‏@kinseyschofield 3m3 minutes ago
@hardtruth4real NO, around a corner

AZL # 406 Response: That makes sense. There's a little hallway from the jury room before they would have come out and seen the family in the elevator area. They would have had no reason to expect the family to be there as there was no verdict announcement.

Thank you for this! :D

I hope the jurors don't start thinking that the Alexanders are there to influence/manipulate their verdict though. That could be bad

I sure hope the jury comes to realize that CMJA not only killed TA 29x over but she has continued to kill his reputation over and over and now is slowing killing the souls of his family.

Jurors laughing and smiling......I feel sick. So sorry for the family....must feel like stabs to the heart watching this.

IMO them bringing food to work through lunch and bonding is a positive sign

Thank you. It's so good to hear from a legal professional. All those things are what made me fear getting a life sentence. :). But then I always come back to the premeditation, the sheer cold bloodedness of the way she butchered him and the calls afterward to cover herself. And going to make out with Ryan. A normal person wouldn't do any of that. And I do not mean she is sick, as in poor Jodi. I mean she is sick
like Ted Bundy. Scary stuff.

AZL could JM have decided not to retry the sentencing phase?

not a legal expert here but as I remember it the state could have not tried it again and JSS would have decided the sentence and the same options minus death would be on the table....the family was a big factor...they wanted this second phase...unfortunately I think JSS may have the decision now

Even the jury deliberations are a farce in this trial. If they want to deliberate tomorrow, all weekend, and half the night each day, I don't see where it is unreasonable to let them do just that. They've earned it.
I haven't read (by Tweet anyway) that the jury has been told they can't deliberate tomorrow, all weekend, and half the night each day. Therefore I have to believe it was their decision to take a 3 day weekend. [sigh]

One of the reasons I was hoping they would finish today is I continually worry that the DT is going to dig up some sort of stupid excuse to again either delay or derail this trial.

Another weekend is another chance for the DT to come up with some idea.
Its just too risky with this DT and a judge that has been wishy washy on some things.

Remember last trial. I think we lost a juror for a DUI. I sure hope none of the jurors even get in a car this weekend. There could be an accident or something and they end up in hospital or something bad like that.

I wont rest until the verdict is read to the demon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela