VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't want to deliberate on Friday. Only days court is open.

Court is open Fridays it's just normally reserved for hearings on motions.

I had written to the author of the blog Jodi Arias copied. He wrote me back to thank me and let me know he submitted a copyright violation to Google and expects they will take it down straight away. It is very small in the big picture but I just hate to see her getting by with the selling of other people's art, etc. http://t.co/w1anvpfxex

I think no verdict today means no DP.... :twocents:

I hope I am very wrong.

Thinking that the longer they go, the more likely DP. They have a lot of material to go through. It will take them some time to get the
whole story of what Jodi did & how she did it together.

Either way it goes CMJA is done. Juan & his crew did the very best they could do. Really glad this trial is done as I am sure is everyone.

I support the death penalty ... but I don't know how I would react if I was a juror on a death penalty case. It would be difficult. The first trial I watched it and was ... death penalty to Arias. Now I have arrived at, just make her disappear if they can't arrive at the DP I just hope JSS will put her away forever.

Random thoughts...

Borderlines can cycle through mood swings very quickly - sometimes several within the same day. But someone who is a psychopath is largely feigning the extent of their emotions. For her to cycle so quickly reeks of manipulation to me. Was she looking for attention? Was she trying to unnerve Troy Hayden? Or was she hoping he'd tell the whole world how 'ill' she appears to be?

I think her not allocuting is really a testament to how deviant she is. I'm not entirely certain she cares if she gets death or not - she is convincing herself that her conviction will be overturned on appeal regardless of the verdict. Unfortunately, ever allowing Jodi to testify in a sealed proceeding fed into her narcissism and sense of entitlement. She's certain she should have had the right to allocute in private. She's willing to bet she knows the law better than the judge. Something we see a lot of with psychopathy is them moving the goal post and blaming everyone else. It's the attorney's fault she was convicted, the jury let her down, the judge was wrong in her rulings, and eventually it will be the appeals court made a mistake upholding her conviction. ;) She'll go down as a martyr until her death.

Jodi's perception is that she is a victim. It almost doesn't matter what Sandy did or Travis didn't. She feels justified in killing Travis because he rejected her but is sane enough to realize that reason can't justify his murder to society but is then deluded enough to blame Travis for her having to kill him in the first place. Jodi's psychological makeup probably requires near-worship, almost constant adulation and attention. I think Jodi does believe she was abused - not by being hit though she realizes this is the lie she must tell to the outside world - but because Travis didn't fall to his knees in awe of her. She fought to control him and, instead of complying, behaving, and telling the world how wonderful she was, he instead threatened to expose her true nature to others. Just as we saw with allocution yesterday, it was going to be on her terms or not at all, which she'll then twist to remain the ultimate victim.

JMO and FWIW

As you all know in this particular case (I evaluate DP on a case by case basis I don't believe that all 1st degree murderers automatically deserve the DP) I believe the appropriate sentence is death. Having said that however I will have to be honest and say that if I was on that jury I would want to sleep on my decision of death. But that's just me. Handing down a death sentence is a serious matter. But in this case it's truly the appropriate sentence and I could sleep well at night if I was on the jury.

No she didn't fool him. She is not right. It is not that he thinks she is innocent or should get off he just is stating the truth. She is definitely not right in the head. Which is why she murdered someone and we haven't.

I TOTALLY disagree. (Troy was putty in her hands)

As far as the VICTIM!!!

Jodi played her game on multiple men, she ALWAYS traded up. She was on a mission. Contrary to Jodi's way of wanting...sex does NOT equal marriage.

Travis was on his mission in live, it was....as all of ours are, a process.

He met Jodi, he liked her, they went out, they went in. Sooner than later, he found out he had a SNAKE in the living room. They broke up. THEN SHE moved to AZ!

NOTHING after that move worked for Jodi. Travis still has his friends, responsibilities and prospective suitable wives to date.

The rest is history. Travis is 30 years graveyard dead and Jodi DID IT!

There's no way of knowing. Paul S. gave an exhibit #, but who knows how much of the testimony was covered in that exhibit? A full day of testimony normally results in a pretty thick transcript, and she was up there 18 days. Also, numerous exhibits may have been sent back to the jury by stipulation.

It would be very abnormal for the jury to be given a transcript of any testimony unless both sides agree. The (stupid IMO) theory is that the jury should rely on recollection and notes, because if they didn't write it down or remember it, it wasn't important.

BBM

The jury I was on had three defendants at once and lasted for a week. We weren't allowed to take notes and several recollections didn't jibe with each other. Fortunately, there was always a majority that remembered it correctly.

Personally I would want to deliberate daily until a decision was agreed upon or what ever and have this done and behind me the sooner the better.

The "No Criminal History" mitigator really bugs me because Jodi is a violent criminal, she just never got caught before. She grew pot, not just used it. She stole, she stalked, she slashed tires, she abused animals, she hacked. And all murderers have a first time. So what if it took her 'till almost 28 and her other boyfriends lived? They got lucky because Jodi was willing to let them go for something better.

I believe she also stole money from Travis, if not during their relationship, certainly after she killed him. In the first trial, Juan tried to get in some financial stuff, but was prevented from doing so.

Jodi had no money and had maxed out her credit cards. She left Yreka with a few hundred $$ here and a few hundred $$ there, deposited in her accounts. She borrowed money from the guy at the bar. Yet, she was able to pay him back and STILL have enough money to BUY a gun.

I think she likely stole cash from Travis that he had taken out for his Cancun trip.

They probably reached a verdict and going home to sleep on it then present it at a reasonable time tomorrow. They don't want to appear like the Casey Anthony jury. :) :) Of course they could delay, delay, delay like this retrial has done to them.:gathering:

I would like to agree with you, but I no longer think this jury will give DP, if they were, they would have done so today. Seems to me that they would want to be done with this as soon as possible and get their lives back asap. I take this to mean another hung jury, sad to say after all this!

Random thoughts...

Borderlines can cycle through mood swings very quickly - sometimes several within the same day. But someone who is a psychopath is largely feigning the extent of their emotions. For her to cycle so quickly reeks of manipulation to me. Was she looking for attention? Was she trying to unnerve him? Or was she hoping he'd tell the whole world how 'ill' she appears to be?

I think her not allocuting is really a testament to how deviant she is. I'm not entirely certain she cares if she gets death or not - she is convincing herself that her conviction will be overturned on appeal regardless of the verdict. Unfortunately, ever allowing Jodi to testify in a sealed proceeding fed into her narcissism and sense of entitlement. She's certain she should have had the right to allocute in private. She's willing to bet she knows the law better than the judge. Something we see a lot of with psychopathy is them moving the goal post and blaming everyone else. It's the attorney's fault she was convicted, the jury let her down, the judge was wrong in her rulings, and eventually it will be the appeals court made a mistake upholding her conviction. ;) She'll go down as a martyr until her death.

Jodi's perception is that she is a victim. It almost doesn't matter what Sandy did or Travis didn't. She feels justified in killing Travis because he rejected her but is sane enough to realize that reason can't justify his murder to society but is then deluded enough to blame Travis for her having to kill him in the first place. Jodi's psychological makeup probably requires near-worship, almost constant adulation and attention. I think Jodi does believe she was abused - not by being hit though she realizes this is the lie she must tell to the outside world - but because Travis didn't fall to his knees in awe of her. She fought to control him and, instead of complying, behaving, and telling the world how wonderful she was, he instead threatened to expose her true nature to others. Just as we saw with allocution yesterday, it was going to be on her terms or not at all, which she'll then twist to remain the ultimate victim.

JMO and FWIW

It has amazed me how we haven't seen any cycling by CMJA. I know that in a stressful situation I can't be as composed as she has been. I cycle wildly. As is natural for anyone with BPD. She has been able to phase out what is going on around her really well, doodling, crafting and generally zoning out. I find this intriguing. It seems extremely unlikely behaviour to me. We've seen her for day after day after day coping with this trial. There is NO WAY I could put on a front like that. Things much less stressful than a death penalty trial have me having panic attacks, inability to sit still, periods of mania, severe depression etc. We've seen none of this from her. I reflect Dr DeMarte enormously, but I don't recognise BPD in CMJA sometimes. BPD is also known as Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder for a good reason. CMJA has been way way in control of her emotions throughout this trial. I believe she's mentally ill, but I think she has Narcicistic Personality Disorder or Sociopathy.

Meanwhile, in another state...

Kelly Gissendaner, Only Woman on Georgia's Death Row, Denied Clemency Before Execution

The only woman on Georgia's death row lost her bid for clemency hours before her scheduled Wednesday evening execution. Kelly Gissendaner, 47, was sentenced to death for the 1997 murder of her husband even though it was her lover — who got life in prison — who did the stabbing. Barring a last-minute reprieve from an appeals court, she will become the first woman executed in the state in 70 years.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...s-death-row-denied-clemency-execution-n312541

I wonder how the news of this woman's execution will affect the mood amongst the DT if it goes ahead this evening? And she was only 28 or 29 years old when this murder took place. Not to mention she didn't actually kill the victim.

And from that link...

Georgia Vet With PTSD Is First Person to Be Executed in 2015

A decorated Vietnam veteran who killed a sheriff's deputy in 1998 was the first person to be executed in the U.S. in 2015 after the U.S. Supreme Court refused to hear his argument that the post-traumatic stress he suffered from combat should make him exempt from capital punishment.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/georgia-vet-ptsd-first-person-be-executed-2015-n284946

So much for her fake PTSD as a mitigator. The US Supreme Court struck down that guys argument and he was a war veteran. A person with real PTSD.

MOO

Wonder if Juan could have used that Georgia PTSD case in his closing. US Supreme Court rulled it didn't matter if a decorated Vet had PTSD he still got killed by the state So Jodi need not try to use that as a mitigator. She was a decorated nothing. Just a plain old murderer

Thanks, Daisy. Can you make the poll so you have the ability to add your name "if you want" but an option to remain anonymous? We want to at least make sure we get a male/female, age, and vote. Don't want to scare anyone off by posting their name if they don't want that on here.

Sure I'll add that. All answers are optional.

I think they have are unanimous on the death penalty but want to sleep on it. If we don't have a verdict tomorrow I'm gonna be worried. I am not for the death penalty in every case but this one i would have no second thoughts whatsoever

Just think - In the "old" days, on HLN we'd get to hear about every 30 seconds for hours on end that the jury could reach a verdict AT ANY MINUTE!

I know and I miss that. LOL

Here is my take on how its going to go down tomorrow morning.

They do a quick straw vote and they immediately realize there is 3 of them that is saying Life sentence with the rest saying DP.

So, then they will organize themselves and try to dig out of everyone who those 3 poeple are. I think by Noon, there will be heated discussions with the 9 of them against those 3 wondering how in the world they can believe like they do.

And it will become obvious those 3 did not follow any of the original trial and dont have a clue how evil JA really is. The 8 will work on those 3 and they will convert 1 of them quickly , but the other 2 will not budge so quickly.

I pray the majority of the poeple can help the small minority fully understand the monster they have in the courtroom.

If they can do that, then DP will come. If they cannot get them to realize how evil she really is, then they will hang the jury.

Just my take on how it will go down

It has amazed me how we haven't seen any cycling by CMJA. I know that in a stressful situation I can't be as composed as she has been. I cycle wildly. As is natural for anyone with BPD. She has been able to phase out what is going on around her really well, doodling, crafting and generally zoning out. I find this intriguing. It seems extremely unlikely behaviour to me. We've seen her for day after day after day coping with this trial. There is NO WAY I could put on a front like that. Things much less stressful than a death penalty trial have me having panic attacks, inability to sit still, periods of mania, severe depression etc. We've seen none of this from her. I reflect Dr DeMarte enormously, but I don't recognise BPD in CMJA sometimes. BPD is also known as Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder for a good reason. CMJA has been way way in control of her emotions throughout this trial. I believe she's mentally ill, but I think she has Narcicistic Personality Disorder or Sociopathy.

She is probably medicated. Lithium? Although, when JSS asked if she was taking her meds she said "no"; after she declined to allocute.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member