VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She loves to talk. For her the fact that she will not be talking to the press again will kill her. She likes to talk to her peeps.. GAG.

Not having a stage to trash Travis daily is what will kill Jodi.

Okay, so this thread moves very quickly. You are all very amusing and I love your insights.

First post. I watched every day of OJ and have read crime stories since I was 12. I miss Court tv! Watched many a trial. After Tot mom I swore I would never watch again (call me bitter about that outcome....) and then I got sucked into poor Travis' demise. Watched with disgust as Nurmi and Wilma represented her fervently, though I know the chance of successful appeal is slim because of their representation. I have been appalled at the depths of Nurmi's tactics in this go round. Boomer who is just to the left of center, I do prefer she be given the ultimate punishment for her vicious, depraved crime. I do not want her to have any quality of life, including a tv and tweeting. She is a menace to society and most particularly to that poor Alexander family. I followed here and on FB during the trial and still am amazed at the support she receives.

I have been a clinical social worker and have worked with victims and their families. You don't need a degree to see who is NOT a DV victim in this case and who is, as you all have called it perfectly.

ps- I do have a crock pot, but I coupon and got super cheap frozen pizza for the kids tonight so I could be on here and I am having leftover turkey, squash, mashed p and carrots from our lovely sunday supper yesterday. All so I can be at the ready for the verdict if there is one.

I finally joined last week but just got posting rights last night. LOL

pss- I have no patience and am anxious for the jury to make their decision so the family can get on with their lives. What a never ending nightmare for them this has been.

:welcome4:

I think If we don't have a verdict here In the next hour it isn't coming today at all

They "hope" they can donate some to charity, whatever that means. They are entitled to do as they wish, as we are entitled to have an opinion about it (not directed at you.)
Donate some :rolleyes: As in tithing ?

When is this book slated to hit the book stores and the net?

Okay, so this thread moves very quickly. You are all very amusing and I love your insights.

First post. I watched every day of OJ and have read crime stories since I was 12. I miss Court tv! Watched many a trial. After Tot mom I swore I would never watch again (call me bitter about that outcome....) and then I got sucked into poor Travis' demise. Watched with disgust as Nurmi and Wilma represented her fervently, though I know the chance of successful appeal is slim because of their representation. I have been appalled at the depths of Nurmi's tactics in this go round. Boomer who is just to the left of center, I do prefer she be given the ultimate punishment for her vicious, depraved crime. I do not want her to have any quality of life, including a tv and tweeting. She is a menace to society and most particularly to that poor Alexander family. I followed here and on FB during the trial and still am amazed at the support she receives.

I have been a clinical social worker and have worked with victims and their families. You don't need a degree to see who is NOT a DV victim in this case and who is, as you all have called it perfectly.

ps- I do have a crock pot, but I coupon and got super cheap frozen pizza for the kids tonight so I could be on here and I am having leftover turkey, squash, mashed p and carrots from our lovely sunday supper yesterday. All so I can be at the ready for the verdict if there is one.

I finally joined last week but just got posting rights last night. LOL

pss- I have no patience and am anxious for the jury to make their decision so the family can get on with their lives. What a never ending nightmare for them this has been.

:seeya: Hello and :welcome:

No. I don't believe in the long run that she would have ever been content with it all. I believe to her its only about getting the things that she wants, but not putting in the effort to keep them if that makes any sense...

Interesting-that is a phrase CMJA used continually when she testified in 2013-are you mocking her? (love it!)

She loves to talk. For her the fact that she will not be talking to the press again will kill her. She likes to talk to her peeps.. GAG.

Not only talking, she wants to be believed. That's pretty much all shot to h*ll.

YES! I've been saying this for years. There is no justice for the victims. The criminals get all the justice. The criminals become the victims and true victims are treated as though they are the criminals. If our system is going to change, I think it should start with what it is called. How about victim justice!

I just watched a show about Shane Ragland who killed Trent DiGuiro, UKentucky football player in 1994 out celebrating his 21st b'day. The police finally got him in 2000 when a lawyer contacted them with information from a client. After some negotiating, the client agreed to have their ID released. It was SR's one time GF. He'd admitted to her 5 yrs prior to shooting Trent. The motive - Trent got him blackballed from a frat his freshman yr. The police set up a sting by wiring his one time GF and getting him to say he regretted it on tape. During the trial his DT somehow got the GF's diary introduced and she had to read explicit sexual excerpts out loud to the court in an attempt to sully her and muddy the waters. That infuriated me, and my thoughts went straight to Travis.

Although found guilty by the jury, SR's father, a wealthy businessman, hired an expensive legal team who got the verdict overturned on appeal. In 2012 SR was in a serious vehicle accident and paralyzed from his waist down.

I'm always cautious when it comes to undoing protections because it's too easy to keep going till we're sliding down a slippery slope, but I would like to see more stringent guidelines as to what can be considered relevant. I know CMJA's DT claim "all" the sex and *advertiser censored* was evidence, and IF it had turned out to exist then ok. But there should be some way to validate the "evidence" is truly evidence. mho

http://www.leoweekly.com/2009/07/shot-in-the-dark/

Chris and Sky Hughes are off limits here? Really??.....they and their relationship to Travis was a big part of portions of this retrial and the trial itself....

i guess so.

I am having some medical problems today that are exhausting me. So I was thinking of napping soon anyway. :seeya: I'll be going soon, just gonna hold out a little longer.

No Steely, don't go! We need your humor. Sorry you aren't feeling well. :(

Just got off work, I'm gonna guess they're still deliberating?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Blue

Hi Tulessa I heard your call in to Tricia's show when she interviewed Chris. Your accent was very distinctive. Did you hear Tricia's recent interview with Paul Sanders? He explained that on his jury two of them lost their jobs very early on in the trial due to the schedule. The judge called their employers and got them reinstated but things remained tense. He mentioned how very little they were paid by the court and this jury may indeed NEED to stick to their schedule as they have been counting on their being able to work their jobs on Fridays since October as they NEED that one day of pay. Truly. There is always a reason people do things even though it may not be readily apparent to the onlooker. I wonder how much people take heed to Tricia's requests as a co owner of Websleuths? She was imploring folks to please stop the bashing of Chris and Sky. It must feel odd to invite someone into your home; as it were, and have your other company bash them at the dinner table. Thank you for being kind to Sky and Chris. It matters!

Here is Chris on Jeff's show today, March 2, 2015 http://www.spreecast.com/events/the-gold-patrol-chris-hughes-on-jodi

I haven't got around to Paul's interview yet, but we are Face Book friends. I like Chris and Sky, and support them right along with the Alexanders. :) Thanks Zoey!

Anyone know if judge has to wait for the foreman to come forth and say that they are not close to a sentence or can the judge ask for a status on her own?

She cannot ask for a status. It would create a huge appeal issue.

Chris and Sky Hughes are off limits here? Really??.....they and their relationship to Travis was a big part of portions of this retrial and the trial itself....

This may well be the achilles heel in this penalty phase.

my heart just started pounding and I don't know why. anxiety? ugh. I am exhausted over this and the fact that it is not going to end today is giving me a physical reaction. I can NOT imagine what the Alexanders feel like physically.

Let's face it, they're deadlocked .. I guess we'll find out sooner or later if some can be influenced to change their minds, but if some are strongly in favour of Death and some are just as strongly in favour of Life it'll be hung again and a 'no verdict' then we'll have to hope to god JSS goes with LWOP.

It occurred to me that, for as quickly as I could have said "DP" before even entering the jury room, the jury might actually be going over each of the eight or nine mitigating factors one by one before they take a final vote for death and ring the buzzer. I can see that easily taking an hour or two per "mitigator".

I'm still optimistic, but not on how long they're out for. And I don't sense a division in the ranks, I sense the jury taking their duty seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee