VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43, Part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Night all.... I still have to question these jurors. When selected, they said they could select death.

Apparently someone lied.

Well, it is aggravators vs. mitigators, right? So she had none, Nurms knew it & had to avert the jurors. They spent their time with delays, remember sometimes there was a week between witnesses, and lying about Travis & prosecution witnesses. Trial went far off track & was allowed to. I'm sorry Travis. God Bless the Alexander's.

I haven't posted here since the last JA trial in 2013. I've been following this one with increasing horror. No matter what the jury come back with let's just remember that JA will likely never be set free amongst civilians again.
She may be smirking now, but inside she is filled with rage. All the things she used to enjoy have been taken away from her:

CMJA is vain and her looks are very important to her - she loved dressing up seductively, wearing makeup and perfume, and she had two cosmetic surgeries that we know of: a breast enlargement and rhinoplasty. In prison she will grow old quickly due to poor diet, no expensive cosmetics or skin creams and she'll always have pasty prison pallor. Her fake breasts will need replacing in 10 years time and I am sure the prison system will not allow her to have that procedure.

CMJA loved to travel. She will never be able to go to Italy and enjoy the Amalfi Coast or the Sistine Chapel. She will never take a honeymoon with a man she loves to Bora Bora, or wait at an airport to board a flight to some awesome destination.

CMJA will never get dressed up in a pretty dress to go on a date, or get to wake up in the arms of someone who loves her (and Big Bertha does NOT count!!). Heck, she won't even be able to get up at midnight and go to the fridge for a peanut butter sandwich if she feels like it, or even go to the toilet privately without eyes on her (eww)

CMJA is a mediocre artist and she can read all the books she likes so she can try to impress people with her grammar and phony-intellectualism, but its a complete waste because the Big Bertha's in the slammer aren't going to give a darn about her spelling and pretentious book-smarts. If she tries that carp with them the only sandwich she'll be getting is a knuckle sandwich.

She knows all this. She is probably humiliated that all her dirty deeds came to light and that everyone saw through her pretense. She's not nearly as clever as she thinks she is, and any victories she may have during this time are inconsequential. Her life is essentially over and whether she gets LWOP or Death, she's going to rot in a smelly building, living a life of Groundhog Day.

Right. It's one thing to feel the death pensltu should only be given to serial killers or child killers, but I think if you do feel that way you should not be on a jury on a case that definitely had none of those factors because you have already predetermined that person should not get death because they are not serial killers or child killers.

But I guess it's a tricky thing. If you are asked if you could give death you are not being dishonest really. Even if you say you could, but only in certain cases. That could mean anything.

I think that's why those questioning potential jurors should be *very* careful about how they phrase things. "This defendant killed one person. Would you be willing to give a DP verdict to this defendant?" (Or however it is they ask, but the questioning needs to be specific to the crime at hand, IMO. Or if they ask a potential juror if they can give the DP, and the juror says, "yes, under certain circumstances" the lawyer really needs to dig in with their questioning and ask very deliberate things.

I don't, but each to their own

Darren Mack received the death penalty and the killing was not as brutal and sadistic as what this murdering monster did to Travis.

This case is one of the worst I have ever seen as far as the level of cruelty other than when Black Widows strike and keep their victim in constant agonizing pain for weeks on end until they finally die.

And her cruelty didn't stop when she murdered Travis. It has been never ending. She spent the next 4+ years driving the 'knife' into the hearts of the Alexander family.

I think SP more than likely suffocated Laci when she was asleep in her bed. JMO

IMO

I gave Jodi's family the benefit of the doubt until today. I had a smidgen of compassion for a mother who had a monster for a child. Until today,
I saw a mother who stood by her child but despised some of the things she did to the people she loved. After todays immature display by her family
to push the knife in a little deeper, I no longer understand her family. There behavior today was sad.

My mother would have supported me in the same situation but ONLY because I was her child. She would be full of compassion for the victim and the victims family.

What happened?

Spent most of the day in the hospital visiting with a really good friend. She is in the final days of her fight with breast cancer. She was my old Sunday School Teacher when I was younger. I love her dearly and visiting her made me realize how important life really is. TA will never live to reach an old age, have children or marry, all because a sado-narcissistic butcher like JA slaughtered him. She doesn't deserve to draw breath. What good has this promiscusus evil woman ever done for anyone. NOTHING She has been a boil on humanity ever since she drew breath. My friend would disagree with me, she thinks there is a little good in everyone, I disagree. I will not pray for JA or her family at least not anytime in the near future. Critize me all you want but I am very depressed today and have no patience for JA

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. :(

Uyy
I gave Jodi's family the benefit of the doubt until today. I had a smidgen of compassion for a mother who had a monster for a child. Until today,
I saw a mother who stood by her child but despised some of the things she did to the people she loved. After todays immature display by her family
to push the knife in a little deeper, I no longer understand her family. There behavior today was sad.

My mother would have supported me in the same situation but ONLY because I was her child. She would be full of compassion for the victim and the victims family.

What did the Arias family do? I missed something...thanks

Looks like it but they are still deliberating.

Hello Meebee,
You must have missed the tweets that told us the jury left to go home. Out a back door

ETA: Or maybe you knew that and were just saying they are still going to deliberate tomorrow which is true. Sorry if i took your post wrong.

Agree. My neighbors were brutally murdered by 4 men in a home invasion. During the trial one of the mothers of the boys (18) came to the trial and at the end approached the victims family and apologized and said she was sorry for what they/we were going through. But she sat in the courtroom and supported her son but cried almost all the time. You could also see her praying. One day she brought her pastor with her. The sentencing of the last murderer was yesterday and he received 50 years to life. (David Coggins, Elmira, NY).

Darren Mack received the death penalty and the killing was not as brutal and sadistic as what this murdering monster did to Travis.

This case is one of the worst I have ever seen as far as the level of cruelty other than when Black Widows strike and keep their victim in constant agonizing pain for weeks on end until they finally die.

And her cruelty didn't stop when she murdered Travis. It has been never ending. She spent the next 4+ years driving the 'knife' into the hearts of the Alexander family.
I think SP more than likely suffocated Laci when she was asleep in her bed. JMO

IMO
BBM- That IS the truth! And it will continue. And we see it has also continued with her family.

Night all.... I still have to question these jurors. When selected, they said they could select death.

Apparently someone lied.

IMO, that is quite a leap. It's possible that someone does in fact support the death penalty but in this case, they see mitigators that outweigh the aggravators (please note, I am not saying that I feel this way). Being willing or able to vote for death does not mean you are obligated to do so; if it did, then why bother with a trial? IMO.

Uyy

What did the Arias family do? I missed something...thanks

They sat in the lobby where the Alexander family usually sits at the end of the day before the jury comes out. When Alexander went up to have a seat, the Arias Clan was already there.

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 1h1 hour ago
5 Arias supports scatter throughout front row of lobby where Alexander family has been camped. #jodiarias

I am a little confused.:confused:

I have posted with you for years and I thought you have always said you don't believe in the death penalty unless it involves multiple victims or etc. or etc etc etc.

If the JAs jurors said they believe in the death penalty it isn't a multiple choice. Either they do or they don't. They have known from day one of jury selection this is about whether JA receives death. None of these jurors should have said they could give death if it was proven to be the correct punishment and then silently put qualifiers attached to it. That is being deceitful, dishonest, and withholding information from the court that would affect the outcome.

If they did think that the DP only applies to specific victims then they should have been forthright and honest by telling the Judge the truth. If this is not done... then people get on death penalty cases that shouldn't be on them in the first place and are the reason for hung juries and all the wasted time and taxpayer money.

When did you say at the first of this case you would consider the death penalty for JA? I would like to go back and read that post SS. TIA

However they still have to all decide it fits the crime. IT is not just since she is eligible it is obvious kind of thing. Otherwise there would be no need for jurors to deliberate it. It is a decision made by the jurors and they have to believe that it is what she deserves for her crime.
I think there are a lot of people like me who think they could give the DP and believe in it but when it comes time, may not vote for it because it does not fit for them.

No I did. I mean in general. They haven't thrown in the towel yet.

Oh...sorry I took it wrong. I put ETA on my post that you may have meant still deliberating into tomorrow which is true. Thanks.

I am typically against the DP. However, this crime is so absolutely horrific I made an exception. We know she did it, she's not insane, she killed him THREE times. She deserves the DP and I am literally a liberal American saying as much.

I've been saying since the trial that she killed him three times! My husband and I differ on the death penalty; he actually thinks that a murderer should be executed in the same manner as their victim, while I usually believe that life without the possibility of parole is "bad enough". However, I watched the entire trial, and really, truly believe that she is not mentally ill, but rather without a conscience-the way she plotted and planned Travis' murder leads me to a place of relative peace with the DP, if the jury so chooses it. I thought about how I'd feel about life in prison, and decided that this option wouldn't bother me, either. JA is used to operating in a universe where most people are honest and law-abiding, and who do things in a relatively "normal" way. Where she is going, that isn't the case. She grew up manipulating people in a certain manner, and her normal M.O. isn't likely to work so well-and those people with whom she resides in prison will have their own way of dealing with people like her. She may think she's smarter than the average bear, but I bet she's in for an unpleasant surprise when she gets to the place where she's going for life. Don't be too upset if she doesn't get the death penalty-she may say it's a victory, but it really isn't. Her true loss was being convicted of premeditated murder-I really don't think she expected that. I do feel for the Alexander family, though, because they may wonder if the trashing that Travis took has been a factor. In my opinion, that isn't the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo