VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43, Part 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to tell you that I would not vote for death for her. Not because I believe anything she says or agree with any of the mitigators. But because I think the DP is for people who murder more than one person. I think it is for people who kill kids or serial killers or people who target officers. But in this case, I don't see it. If it was me, I would be voting against DP here. I know people want her to pay. So do I. I would have given OJ death because he killed two people. I think Scott Peterson deserved death because he killed 2 people.
But as horrible as this killing was, I just would not vote for the DP for her. I think it is for the worst of the worst and I don't see that here. It could be that someone else feels the same way.

Well, no you wouldn't be voting against death here. Because in voir dire you would have been honest and said I can only vote death in a case of multiple murders. Not pretend that you are death qualified for the case being presented. THAT is what I think happened here, and in the last trial phase. Somebody lied and pretended they were death qualified.

Gold patrol

Family of #TravisAlexander has gone up to court hallway seats two days in row at about 4pm. Today #JodiArias family is up in those seats.

Here goes my string of "Deb Morgan" curse words again!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr.

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 1m1 minute ago
Family all enters victim's room. #jodiarias

I believe it is someone that is internally conflicted re: the death penalty.

I respectfully disagree, this judge let the DT re-try the who case, nothing about the crime was really heard this time, This judge allowed this to happen and in my opinion on purpose.

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 25s25 seconds ago

Something is happening again in #jodiarias. Attorneys are in court. Families have arrived. Waiting for courtroom doors to be unlocked.

I have to tell you that I would not vote for death for her. Not because I believe anything she says or agree with any of the mitigators. But because I think the DP is for people who murder more than one person. I think it is for people who kill kids or serial killers or people who target officers. But in this case, I don't see it. If it was me, I would be voting against DP here. I know people want her to pay. So do I. I would have given OJ death because he killed two people. I think Scott Peterson deserved death because he killed 2 people.
But as horrible as this killing was, I just would not vote for the DP for her. I think it is for the worst of the worst and I don't see that here. It could be that someone else feels the same way.

She killed Travis THREE different ways that fateful day and she has spent the last several years turning the knives in those wounds. The pedophilia accusation alone, gives us not only an insight to her depraved mind, but where Sherry stands. Sherry is the one that ran that courtroom like Romper Room for fledging attorneys. MOO

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras · 15s16 seconds ago
Something is happening again in #jodiarias. Attorneys are in court. Families have arrived. Waiting for courtroom doors to be unlocked.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 11s12 seconds ago View translation
Media standing in front of lock doors . Open open open #jodiarias

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 21s21 seconds ago  Phoenix, AZ
Nurmi and Juan are already inside. #JodiArias Waiting.

To keep my thoughts upbeat, I look at the picture of the 5x8 cell on the last thread and imagine a second mattress in there when and if JA gets a roommate. That's 21/2 x 4 feet of space per person.

Gold patrol

Family of #TravisAlexander has gone up to court hallway seats two days in row at about 4pm. Today #JodiArias family is up in those seats.

*sitting on my hands*

I will not say what I am thinking

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 1m1 minute ago

my stomach is on the floor....if this is it...good....those poor souls need this to be done :rose:

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 · 18s19 seconds ago
Some spectators reporting they saw Sharp Dressed Mike (court reporter) go around back to enter courtroom #jodiarias

They never would have executed her~~she more than likely have gotten LWOP on one appeal or another. They threw so much junk in there~~i wish more laws existed to protect the victim. Sadly Travis became a monster. Shameful if you ask me

This case never should have gone to trial. The police knew she was the perp, they should have had someone interrogate her like they would a foreign terrorist and then string her up. Someone who is knowingly guilty doesn't deserve a trial. Don't get on me and say she is innocent until proven guilty. I am talking about a killer like her. She is the worst of the worst.

A lot of them do just so they can get on a DP jury and "save a life"

Or because they think it'll yield them some sort of payout. Interviews, books, etc.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 19s19 seconds ago
So basically everyone is inside the courtroom except the public which is standard for Judge Stephens. #jodiarias

What is the bet that if and when the jury comes back to say they're hopelessly deadlocked, that JSS will take a week long recess to decide whether she should give JA LWOP or LWP?

WAT

Some spectators reporting they saw Sharp Dressed Mike (court reporter) go around back to enter courtroom #jodiarias

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 41s42 seconds ago
#jodiarias not sure yet what's going on but it looks like something

Carolyn Sung ‏@CarolynSungCNN · 16s16 seconds ago
Jurors have been deliberating for approx 19.5 hours. #jodiarias #VerdictWatch #cnn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18