VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43, Part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After the announcement that the jury is hung is tweeted, I'm done. I sure as hell don't need to see the lamest judge known to me sentence her, or to ever see the sadistic murderer ever again. Nor will there be a need to watch the released video or read the transcripts. I doubt I'll ever follow another trial again. I'm done. There is no true justice in courts of law. I feel for the Alexander family who deserved so much more than this despicable travesty. Thanks, Judge Stephens. Ultimately, I blame you. Evil triumphs because you enable it. /bitter rant

I'm really shocked at this turn of events. No more excuses.

Thank you. You said it way better than I ever could. I already said this is my last trial. Between judges and jurors, no one knows how to judge right from wrong.

Gold
Victims family in court back room now in #JodiArias . Court reporter in court. Media waiting at Court door. JA family still down hall

In her "What's Next for Arias" article on karasoncrime.com, Beth Karas says that JSS will decide between natural life or life with possible release within 2 months of a life verdict. I imagine it would be about the same amount of time if this jury deadlocks.

:seeya:

Or most likely some truly believe the mitigating factors outweighed the aggravating ones?

I don't agree but I can see how some might given the way this phase of the trial was handled/presented to them.

The delays and all the off topic pedo *advertiser censored* stuff sure didn't help.

In her "What's Next for Arias" article on karasoncrime.com, Beth Karas says that JSS will decide between natural life or life with possible release within 2 months of a life verdict. I imagine it would be about the same amount of time if this jury deadlocks.

If this jury hangs, no one will care anymore.

i agree and predicted this would happen. I think people that claim they can be on a dp jury dont realize that they really can't when it comes to the end and they realize they have to sign a dp verdict form. Its a classic case of getting cold feet.

I think much more needs to be done up front in the vetting process. I would go as far to say that when they think they have their jury pool, they need one final step to have each 1 of them sit down with a professional and make sure they fully understand what they are getting ready to ask them to do.

If that would happen, i bet they would weed out 1/2 of the ones that said they would be fine with it.

This happens way too often and it screams out that something is wrong with the vetting process. It is not thorough enough to make sure they fully understand what they are fixing to be asked to do.

This is a dp case and the state has already confirmed her guilt in the guilt phase.
Nothing the dt said changed anything. If anything, it made ja more guilty to me.

If the jurors had been honest with themselves up front that they could handle this, then this would have been a simple process to finalize her worthy sentence.

Instead, a few jurors are looking for excuses because they cannot get themselves to sign a dp verdict. So they will claim it was this or that, but really it is the few jurors themselves that
just cant handle it.

And for that reason, i am upset about this. Nothing the dt said during this phase changed anything. If anything, it showed ja is more of a liar than i thought and makes her more guilty.

I. Totally. Agree.

Personally, I am conflicted with how I feel about the DP. I'm honest with myself.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 13s13 seconds ago
#jodiarias mom and few supporters wait down the hall.

Why? "We have been informed the jury has reached a verdict. Due to the time, it will be read in court tomorrow at 10:00am."

Right...

Same Bat time, same Bat channel.

Actually, JSKS might super secret seal it to read next week.

What is the bet that if and when the jury comes back to say they're hopelessly deadlocked, that JSS will take a week long recess to decide whether she should give JA LWOP or LWP?

she would do that only if she could let her go free,

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 53s54 seconds ago

If I were the Alexanders I would still be right there. I'm not sure I would have the balls to do that if I were the Arias family especially since none of them would testify in open court for Jodi.

I would stand right in front of the Arias family if I were the Alexander's.

The delays and all the off topic pedo *advertiser censored* stuff sure didn't help.

I agree I think it's possible some of the jurors got lost in who was on trial.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 9s9 seconds ago
1 security guard is here. Maybe He heard about @BethKaras chocolate

She practically beheaded him. Like an ISIS terrorist. In fact, she was a terrorist. I don't think her punishment should be any less because she "ONLY" beheaded one.

She killed him brutally for sure. And she should be in prison for the rest of her life. But there are things here that take it away from the DP for me. It is just me, and I realize some will not get that or be unhappy I think that, But I do.

My guess would be even longer than that JSS is horrible about managing her Court calendar

Yep probably .. she will take a month off to contemplate what she should do, because you know, she's handled this case for freaking years, but that doesn't mean she had time to form an opinion or an argument for what she would do in case of this predictable possibility .. also I wonder if she has some kind of sadistic streak in her where she just loves making people wait around for things that could have happened inside a reasonable timeframe!!

I'm curious Scarlett - what's missing for you? Or what's there that says Life?

It isn't that anything is missing??? I know that she planned his death and she planned to kill him for awhile before she did it. When I look at all the people who have murdered their spouses or friends, or neighbors, I don't see a lot of DP. I think about Susan Wright. I think this is comparable. She murdered him viciously. She buried him in the yard. And yet she got 25 yrs.
I don't think JA should ever ever see the light of day. I just don't see the DP here either. I thought I did. But now in the last few days considering it all, I don't.

She killed him brutally for sure. And she should be in prison for the rest of her life. But there are things here that take it away from the DP for me. It is just me, and I realize some will not get that or be unhappy I think that, But I do.

Scarlett you are entitled to your opinion. I am not attacking you. I wish there wasn't a DP. I wish there was life and SOLITARY CONFINEMENT. That would make it easier for juries.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 13s13 seconds ago

I just got home from work. Can someone catch me up in 10 words or less ? Tia

I am typically against the DP. However, this crime is so absolutely horrific I made an exception. We know she did it, she's not insane, she killed him THREE times. She deserves the DP and I am literally a liberal American saying as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024