VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't agree with you more. She should have been sent to trial back in 2008/early 2009 with the Ninja story. Would have been a whole different outcome and a lot less expensive.

MOO

Does anyone know why it took so long for her to go to trial when they had her in custody a month after the event?
I did not follow this until the trial began.

And I'm going to start screaming with you. I am soooo sick of snow, sleet and ice storms every few days. We're getting more snow tonight and then 3-6 on Thursday. I have a steep 300' driveway and it's horrible in this weather.
It is so stressful to try and drive to work in this type of weather...
And if it's snowing all day...driving forever at 10 miles an hr...trying to get home in 1 piece with cars stuck all over the roads....jeeeessssss. The words I shout out in my car!:blushing:

Tweets:

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 3m3 minutes ago

Another female juror walks in wearing earphones. That makes 8 that I saw. #JodiArias

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 · 59s59 seconds ago

Arias trial: will the fog lift? #JodiArias #Fox10Phoenix https://instagram.com/p/zxau8LPsgg/

Can anyone explain the whole BMW thing to me. I know she ruined it while towing it and was supposed to pay him for it, but how significant is this to the murder?

In Shanna Hogan's book, TA's neighbor, DP, says Travis told him that JA made a foolish error with the BMW, it was further confirmation she was nothing but trouble and that she wouldn't be back in the neighborhood.

In the police interrogation, JA says she goes on about how they had a contract so she paid it back, they were working with lawyers, and that after people told her TA died, she "I e-mailed his sister, Tanisha, on MySpace, and I was like, just sent her my condolences and the next paragraph I was like you know, it’s really hard but I owe Travis this amount of money and I know that at one point I’ll need to settle this debt".

Beyond the weirdness of sending a condolence message to your victim's family, why would she have mentioned the debt?

Why did TA call lawyers? Did he have to force her to pay?

Her intentional destruction of his BMW had nothing to do with the murder. It was just one more gigantic FU she inflicted upon TA on her way out of town. JA used the BMW as an excuse to contact and torment Tanisha. There was no contract. TA likely knew he was never going to recoup more than a few dimes from JA for the car.

Thanks to you both and the rest of you here. This is the only place where I ever mention my brother's murder. I don't speak of it in my daily life. You all are the kindest, most compassionate people I have never had the pleasure of meeting. Xo

Thank you Zuri. So nice of you to say that of me. :):p Back at you times ten.

I'll be missing the deliberations. Maybe that will bring some luck. Hang tight guys. The end is near!

image.jpg

Justice for Travis

Does anyone know why it took so long for her to go to trial when they had her in custody a month after the event?
I did not follow this until the trial began.

Largely due to the number of DT attorneys who had then fled from the case.

You have the option to not accept it if you choose. I have never accepted the Casey Anthony verdict and I never will, no matter how many times I am told I must.

Good point. The CA jury did NOT take their duty seriously, IMO, which is why I feel "entitled" to not accept their decision.

The difference for me, is that this jury DOES appear to take their job of deliberations very seriously. This is why, as much as I wouldn't like a verdict of Life, I would accept it. MOO.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Her intentional destruction of his BMW had nothing to do with the murder. It was just one more gigantic FU she inflicted upon TA on her way out of town. JA used the BMW as an excuse to contact and torment Tanisha. There was no contract. TA likely knew he was never going to recoup more than a few dimes from JA for the car.

Totally agree, and conversely, I think it was yet another example of Travis' good nature and patience with JA.

Good point. The CA jury did NOT take their duty seriously, IMO, which is why I feel "entitled" to not accept their decision.

The difference for me, is that this jury DOES appear to take their job of deliberations very seriously. This is why, as much as I wouldn't like a verdict of Life, I would accept it. MOO.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I really have an issue with people criticizing Juries. IT is a difficult job and they have given much of their life and energy to. You may not agree with it but I believe they did find according to the rules and law they were given to weigh the evidence.

Turner got LWOP, not DP. She did commit suicide.

Thank you for the correction. It has been so long ago that I evidently mixed her up with another female.

I will correct my post.

As Hayden points out, though, this is where all women max prisoners go, life or death. Because there are only 2 DPers, their cells are in the same unit. It's just that their privileges are different.

I believe Hayden is wrong, though, in thinking that max prisoners can have art supplies soon after they get to Perryville. Per prison regulations, it looks to me as though it would take some years before a Max-er would be eligible for said supplies and a long time after that before they would be eligible for stuff like oils and watercolors. I'm betting Jodi would have to demonstrate a dramatic decrease in manipulative behavior before earning some upward mobility. And you just know the other inmates (Big Bertha et al.) are going to be very enthusiastic about bringing her down a few pegs if she tries to manipulate them: this will present a big hurdle for her if she wants to move up her ladder and get more privileges.

Here are the regs. They make fascinating reading.

https://corrections.az.gov/sites/default/files/guidebook_2013_inter.pdf

Since JA traces almost everything....what is she going to draw? A toilette??

So many comments, and I don't have time to read. :(.

Ex-producer=money man, or one who finds the money.

:hilarious: The FOG is getting more attention than the inmate today !

Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 · 4m4 minutes ago

Crazy #fog in downtown #Phoenix this morning. Most parts of the Valley clear, but downtown a different story ! #cool

B_L62ngVAAMyojl.jpg

Marking my spot from the ER. I't's pretty bad when the main thing you ask for is your laptop before ten so you'll not miss the verdict .

Great. School just called....schools closing in 30 minutes because of incoming ice and snow. :( BBL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper