VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision · 2m2 minutes ago
FYI... in NO way am I saying the #JodiArias jury is split. Who can know that? I passed on something I was told. Not saying it's fact. #chill

:hilarious: And speaking of the "devil" ... lol !

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 2m 2 minutes ago

Apparently the #jodiarias jury has a complex jury question.

Judge Stephens conferred briefly with lawyers and then called recess until 1.

:seeya: Mike, tell us something we don't know ! Hmmm ... I wonder IF he reads here ? :seeya:

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 26s26 seconds ago
Apparently the #jodiarias jury has a complex jury question. Judge Stephens conferred briefly with lawyers and then called recess until 1.
---

We knew he was lurking about.

Thanks for the info MDLR

BK mentioned that the two court stenographers who alternated during the trial were both present in the courtroom. If the jury needs testimony read back, I would think that each stenographer would be responsible for reading his/her own transcripts. I hope that's what the jury is asking for.

So what impact would there be if a juror showed up...um...impaired? Not that that's what is happening, I'm just curious?

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 2m2 minutes ago
Apparently the #jodiarias jury has a complex jury question. Judge Stephens conferred briefly with lawyers and then called recess until 1.

Speak of the devil...

Agree that we could, but I don't think many healthy people would stay with someone who displayed all the craziness Jodi did, even if it was just for sex, a healthy person would have run a mile, and likely wouldn't have been attracted to her in the first place. She's manipulative, sure, but transparently so .. most people would have 'disengaged', but Travis didn't .. I'm not blaming him, I'm just saying there were dynamics at play in him that made him more vulnerable.

Yeah, if only they could have gone their own way as friends early on but I think TA, out of the goodness of his heart, truly wanted to help her. Then once she saw his kind heart and good nature, she became a gnat on a camping trip that just wouldn't go away, and wouldn't leave him alone and allow him to disengage. She was Hell-bent on improving her station in life. TA was doomed. And here we are today...

From Erickson:
Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision · 3m3 minutes ago

FYI... in NO way am I saying the #JodiArias jury is split.

Who can know that? I passed on something I was told. Not saying it's fact. #chill

:sigh:

I am so damned frustrated with this whole trial and I still can't seem to walk away from it.

I believe that was misreported. That her sister would not be there for the verdict but her Mom would be there. No one from JA's side is there and JA did not come out so she may want them there. We will see at 1pm if her family shows up.

Ah, I missed that tidbit. If accurate I agree they would wait for her mom....unless the verdict comes down while she's revisiting the grand Grand Canyon:crazy:

If the jury is hung, will the killer be sentenced by JSS immediately? Or will the family have to wait to find out if this monster will have the chance to get out of jail some day?

The judge might be ready to sentence her right away, but I think she will need to set a separate hearing date to take evidence re funeral expenses, etc., to include victim compensation in the final order.

Jodi's family is not there. Could she have had a fit in the back because enough time was not allowed for her Mom to get there?

Yes.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 26s26 seconds ago
---

We knew he was lurking about.

Of course he is, he's not too hard to find. First, check your boots before you put them on. When that fails, start kicking over rocks.

There are currently 642 users browsing this thread. (309 members and 333 guests)

Wow. What is the highest that's ever been on the same thread?

I recall it being over 1000 during the first trial.

G'day all from Ottawa Canada.

I am one of those "members" viewing, but was a "guest" for a long time. I am not just here with the high traffic to see what's up with the circus. I am here every day. :) Been lurking since the beginning, I generally keep my opinions to myself and love to read what you all have to say.

Oh BTW, I am male and I have 2 slow cookers!

Didn't JSS say that when a verdict comes in, it will be announced that it's in and will be read an hour later? If so, this is not a verdict. Maybe an announcement at 1?

That's how I understood it, and I've seen similar protocol used in other trials.

The judge might be ready to sentence her right away, but I think she will need to set a separate hearing date to take evidence re funeral expenses, etc., to include victim compensation in the final order.

Yes.

It's JSS.. she'll need atleast a month to take it under advisement. Lots of sidebars, hallway meetings and secret testimony held before she could impose a sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela