VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day all from Ottawa Canada.

I am one of those "members" viewing, but was a "guest" for a long time. I am not just here with the high traffic to see what's up with the circus. I am here every day. :) Been lurking since the beginning, I generally keep my opinions to myself and love to read what you all have to say.

Oh BTW, I am male and I have 2 slow cookers!

Welcome! A man who knows how to use a slow cooker.....you must be in great demand. :)
glad you are here.

Didn't JSS say that when a verdict comes in, it will be announced that it's in and will be read an hour later? If so, this is not a verdict. Maybe an announcement at 1?

My guess, based only on what I have read here, is that Jodi is having a panic attack, thinking they are going to give her the DP, and she has decided to plea to LWOP.
All MOO

This is a case of "firsts" for me.

One of them happened today.

This is the 1st case I have seen where during critical juror deliberations stage, the judge asks the Defense + State lawyers to meet her in the hallway to talk secretly. Kind of like junior high school if you ask me.

Shhhh, you might get spanked if you're not all PRO JSS

I've taken my deep breaths and prepared myself for the worst. I'm ok with whatever happens, as long as it includes Jodi dying in Perryville.

I hope everyone else is preparing themselves as well. Let's all say a quiet prayer that she was CONVICTED and in the grand scheme of things, that's what matters.

I just lit 3 more candles, sending light and strength to the family.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=TVA

Seriously...we need to be very grateful there was a conviction in this case. That was no mean feat!

Make it stop!!!! Who but the jurors would be in the position to know an exact split?? I don't believe it. If God forbid there is a split, I do NOT believe it is 8-4. Stifle it, Nancy Grace.

What is worse is if jurors really were split 8 to 4. I would never trust our justice system again. These media folks must think they are in Vegas.

Who knows...maybe JSS had to ask the DT if they were aware if Jodi took her meds today. Maybe she'll really really need them. One can hope.

I just hope some poor juror didn't have a family emergency. A complex question though...that might be a good thing.

Somehow NG got that the jury is split 8 to 4.......thinks is a hung jury. Take it for what you will.......

Probably "got" it from when 8 jurors went on break earlier, and she's making assumptions.

Somehow NG got that the jury is split 8 to 4.......thinks is a hung jury. Take it for what you will.......

Is it just me?

For as much as would love to know what's really going on...I hate these "supposed leaks"...I would hate for any of it to actually be true and give ol' Nurms a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g to bring up about questionable juror actions, etc. in any way, shape or form.

Make it stop!!!! Who but the jurors would be in the position to know an exact split?? I don't believe it. If God forbid there is a split, I do NOT believe it is 8-4. Stifle it, Nancy Grace.

The media are speculating just like people here....the best thing to do is take a break until 1 pm Phoenix time. I think I will.

Seriously...we need to be very grateful there was a conviction in this case. That was no mean feat!
Yes but it should have been easy. Easy! She admitted her guilt. Her palm print was there. None of this is rocket science. She slaughtered the poor guy!

This is so disheartening AZLawyer :(

I know LadyJustice is supposed to be blind, but does JSS really think she can take Her (and all Courtroom procedure, and us for that matter) for total fools? :moo:

:thud:

JSS feels she should be deaf as well.

That was the split on the penalty phase last time. What are the chances of the same split this time? Plus it is NG...bet the so-called split was a "bombshell" too!

only cause our tweeters may be away----do they think there may be something to televise? hmmmmmmmm

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago

If camera's go live you can watch here #jodiarias

Wonder if the complex question is something like asking what happens if they hang? So they'll get a feel for what the judge would sentence? I dunno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nancy probably figures there is an 8-4 split because a group of 8 took a morning break together.

I think from now on anytime a Jury is split (Not saying this one is at all) But next time they need to start making jurors spend the night with the victims family..until they have made a decision.

Yes but it should have been easy. Easy! She admitted her guilt. Her palm print was there. None of this is rocket science. She slaughtered the poor guy!

As easy as it should be, it never is Curious. I'm all for the stiffest sentance possible but right now, I think it just needs to end, no matter what the verdict. The family is broken. They can't move on until it ends. As heartbreaking as it is, I think in a few weeks, they will feel the huge burden just lift once they can accept the verdict (if it is infact hung).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela