VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And we don't even have the satisfaction of JA's life at Perryville being worse than Estrella, if the stories I've read about Sheriff Joe's place are true. The food will almost certainly be better. I'd love to see future pics showing JA put on 50 lbs.

It is still prison. This is what we do with criminals. I don't believe that this case is really DP on my standard. I realize the state qualified it but for me while I would not be upset if she got the DP, I still think this is a LWOP case.

The thing is that it just doesn't matter what I think. The jury will decide.

you guys were on page 18 when I last checked in, what the heck is going on. I must have missed something.

I'm wishing the victim impact statements had been given in February instead of December

Jodi has nothing on some of the HARDENED criminals that reside at Perryville. She will meet plenty of women that will make her life miserable. Yes Jodi committed a heinous crime, but there are just as many nasty evil women that have resided there a lot longer than she has. They already have a pecking order, a hierarchy so to speak. It will not be club med for her, by any means.

Jodi IS a hardened criminal. Do you think she is afraid of those at Perryville? Jodi single handedly stabbed a man 29 times, once in the chest, slit his throat and shot him. Do you REALLY think she is concerned about anyone at Perryville? She isn't some sick little mousy girl. She can take on anyone. I would shoot her on sight. Ask questions later.

The thing is though, that Perryville Maximum security will already have a "Queen Bee" prisoner in there who isn't going to just budge over because CMJA arrives. There will be plenty of women who will not take kindly to having their grammar corrected and being looked down on by CMJA. I think general population will be tough for CMJA.
Psychopaths are resilient, capable of adapting (often called chameleons) and their utmost interest is self-preservation. She isn't going to confront a potential threat. She loves using her passive-aggressive manipulator instead. She's a lot more likely to befriend and manipulate them and use a potential threat to her advantage. But I also expected her to allocute so it's totally possible she'll surprise me again.

JMO

this is like the roller coaster ride from h e double hockey sticks!! That poor family deserves a verdict. No matter what it is, they deserve a verdict!!!

:rollercoaster: for sure...

:grouphug: to the Alexanders, especially Stephen...

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS!!

blue2-smiley.gif

Today has not been a good day. My heart breaks for Travis' family and Flores/Juan. Also, Websleuths is one of my 'safe places' and it saddens me when there are conflicts. I'm in a bad mood so I blame Arias for everything...including the price of tea in China.

It is still prison. This is what we do with criminals. I don't believe that this case is really DP on my standard. I realize the state qualified it but for me while I would not be upset if she got the DP, I still think this is a LWOP case.

The thing is that it just doesn't matter what I think. The jury will decide.

Or not...which is the way it's looking.

I've never been an inmate but close relative worked in DA's Office for years. Prison is just like it is in the movies. Yeal she'll have friends that want to be friends with someone so very very infamous but there will be other people that she will have to watch out for just because she is so "famous"

Tensions are high, people are on edge, anxiety ridden, and looking for answers.

I just wanted to pass on this one piece of advice I learned from a co-worker. They said "Remember it is not a court of justice - it is a court of law".

Everything we have been frustrated with this whole retrial is the laws that seem so counter-intuitive to us for justice (IMO). It is not a perfect system, but it is the best one we have.

(((((Hugs)))))) to everyone who has been here watching and posting. Keep a level head and remember that no matter what we think or do - it is ultimately up to the jurors to make their decision.

I'm wishing the victim impact statements had been given in February instead of December

I so agree with this. After all this murder case is about the VICTIM. The victim impact statements I believe should be one of the last things the jury hears. Makes me so sad knowing how many more rights a criminal gets vs a victim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do not discuss PM's in your posts. Do not invite a poster to PM you.

This is against TOS. If you are having an issue with a poster send the PM to a MOD but do not complain within the thread and have 20 responses that have to be cleaned up.

Jodi has nothing on some of the HARDENED criminals that reside at Perryville. She will meet plenty of women that will make her life miserable. Yes Jodi committed a heinous crime, but there are just as many nasty evil women that have resided there a lot longer than she has. They already have a pecking order, a hierarchy so to speak. It will not be club med for her, by any means.

To be honest, I am a chicken and as such I reckon I'd rather be in the solitary safety of death row with my books and an occasional stroll around the exercise yard than have to run the gaunlet of the likes of that Angela Simpson woman. For all the violence of her crime I reckon JA would also be gutless when it came to dealing with really tough cookies so I also think that if she ends up in general population she'll have plenty of shaking like a chihuahua moments. Some of those women are going to hate her before they even meet her IMO.

tim tingle
B_NCDTFUwAAYxrN.jpg
Tom Tingle ‏@TomTingle2 1m1 minute ago

#JodiArias look back at the gallery Tues during the sentencing phase retrial in Phoenix. Jury is out deliberating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18